Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 February 2024 at 9:46pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Musk is a con man, just like Trump.
Back to Top profile | search

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 February 2024 at 2:42am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Here's something I'm really having trouble 'understanding'. If you get bad information from a source, wouldn't you at some point not go there for information, nor even supposed 'entertainment' anymore? I suppose that's my own personal cancel culture... if a magazine, tv program, or website is putting a load of garbage in front of me I just don't want to look at them anymore after not very long; how can they even entertain me if I think they aren't playing straight or respecting their audience? It seems like a lot of the 'trouble' today is that people... like my own father... will say, oh, I know this is probably crap, but I still click it because there's not much else worth looking at. The whole of even just youtube and there's nothing more worth your time than made up news credited to companies and people you've never heard of before? Nobody makes anyone look at anything, spoon-fed to them or not, you can ignore all algorithms and be totally self-directed. Think of a place, a time, an author, any subject and there will be something decent about it someone with a positive enthusiasm to share real info will have made... just speak or type, don't let what is 'recommended' become your diet because you are what you eat, and you are only as smart as your sources and choices. You pick junk and it will serve up more of that. Give some babbling sensationalist con artist your mind for any amount of time and while it might be you laughing now, it might not be you laughing last.

Today my Dad was again full of celebrity deaths that haven't happened and hoax exposes, and sometimes will even gets upset about something in them, but not as upset when I say look who posts these things, if you've never heard of them they are probably not real and just made up to entice people to click so they get paid for having ads with it. That is like I'm saying 'you're stupid', but slowly he's arguing back less, because maybe feeling stupid isn't my fault anymore than it's entirely his. He's old but learning a new trick. I hoped youtube would be a good thing for him, and he has watched things like film of the liberation of Apeldoorn where he was as a toddler, some breathing exercises he's started doing for shortness of breath, or various music concerts by Waylon Jennings and Nana Mouskouri. That old, 'they' wouldn't let them put this on if it was totally false idea has a few last holdouts I guess... yes Dad, they have been 'allowing' this for quite awhile now. I'm sure glad Fox News is a pay only channel here, although after all the covid misinformation how it is even available in Canada in any way I really think a literal crime.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 February 2024 at 8:37am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I stopped using Twitter years ago as i found it to be
toxic, for the same reason i won't use TikTok. I use
Facebook to follow friends, relatives and interests, but
that's about it.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 4