Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 38 Next >>
Topic: Impeachment (Again) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 December 2019 at 8:22am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

SO here's the thing: yes, it's the primaries, and we on the left should be having an open discussion about the pros and cons of our possible candidate(s).  But I ask people to remember the 2016 primary season, where we did much of the opposition's work in driving down enthusiasm for the presumptive nominee by building a negative confirmation bias in the echo chamber of social media (which this forum qualifies as).  My policy is basically to simply focus on the positives of the candidates I support and not on the negatives of those I have less enthusiasm for, and I recommend all people who want to see Trump voted out of office do the same.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Koroush Ghazi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 December 2019 at 7:18pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

If one of those options is entirely untenable, then this needs to be pointed out first and foremost, given the priority is to make sure that option doesn't eventuate. So there's nothing wrong whatsoever in making it clear to people that their choice is between Satan's incompetent stepson and normal human beings.

Your implication that 2020 will be analogous to the Hilary/Trump vote of 2016 isn't valid, because Trump was an unknown quantity back then in the eyes of many voters. He had potential in their eyes. Plus, you could just as easily argue that the right succeeded by focusing on Hilary's negatives (her emails, Benghazi, lock her up!, etc.) rather than simply on Trump's nebulous positives.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 January 2020 at 2:09pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Oh what stoopid times we are in. A suggestion of possible wrongdoing by a relative of Biden's equals vast amounts of documentation of actual wrongdoing directly by Trump and many of his relatives. But then Hilary and those e-mails (two, three?) that could have been intercepted in the brief moments when they were still sensitive.

"Trump was an unknown quantity back then in the eyes of many voters."

Well... his supporters had many seasons of his fantasy business genius tv show and the best selling book he had his name put on.

Joe Biden is mister loose lips to me... he fires off half thought out things sometimes that can make you groan. Not my ideal but, where is someone better? His latest groaner is some comment about putting Obama forward to the supreme court? Oh yeah, that was really necessary to say. Groan!

I bet a lot of people have been in the 'don't want to know' camp since Bush Jr./Cheney really. Who wants their head bitten off by fanatical friends or relatives by having any kind of opinion? Not everyone can walk a diplomatic fine line enough of the time to have peace in their real world around them. I think there are a lot of not sure about impeachment people who could be swayed by some further even a blind newt would have to see it evidence... but gosh, evidence, witnesses, in a trial? Why that's total craziness. Groan (and slip slide and away). :^(
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 January 2020 at 12:38pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Now, the same GOP that lies to defend Trump are trying to convince us he had to kill Qassem Soleimani, Iran’s most powerful figure after its supreme leader, as a "moral act." LINK

Seriously?? Trump has no morals.

This was about winning re-election and fighting back against impeachment. Wonder how many Trump supporters, who love to scream about the Second Amendment and patriotism, will sign up to fight Trump's upcoming war??

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 03 January 2020 at 12:40pm

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 January 2020 at 5:31am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Remember when Trump tweeted his prediction that Obama would go to war with Iran just to gain re-election and how that would be a NEGATIVE thing? 
Back to Top profile | search

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 January 2020 at 12:54pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

You're supposed to take the president's word that Iran has been 'up to something'. What like Hunter Biden has? We know lots of what Trump has been up to in contrast. I'm still wondering if that 'strong' attack on Syria way back wasn't all cleared with Putin and Asad in advance. If Iran has done some of the things that they are being said to have done in direct attacking, and weren't framed, they would be pretty stupid in handing their enemies a pretext, but I guess those weren't solid enough (or really were frame-ups) as now it's the lame take the president's word about it shtick... a guy whose word has to have about the lowest value imaginable. Also, didn't he rail on about Bush jr./Cheney and the WMD pretext for going into Iraq? One of the few things I could agree with Trump on there. So glad Canada mostly sat that one out (and would "never be forgiven" by Condoleeza Rice), unlike Tony Blair etc... So much for president's 'word' (remember the smoking gun could be a mushroom cloud speech from Bush Jr.?). I see Biden is being attacked about accepting that 'word' back then right now, just like Hilary was by Obama. 'Twas ever thus?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Adam Schulman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 January 2020 at 10:37am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Worth a read.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 January 2020 at 12:31pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I wonder why Trump would assassinate only one political figure? Why not just use nuclear weapons on Iran (because why have them and not use them?) That's what doesn't make sense to me.

The fuckwit assassinates a high political and military figure in Iran - and then PUBLICLY BRAGS ABOUT IT!!! 

I personally understand that political assassinations are (rarely) necessary. It's happened for centuries, and will continue. (Reference Adolf Hitler and Fidel Castro... even America had plans for them.)

But sometimes there are actions that a government takes that SHOULD stay secret for a long time. Why should the unwashed masses know about this? So that they can warn the target or his government? Not too wise. 

But damn the man's ego, he HAD to announce what he'd done. Had to spout it that he SPECIFICALLY was responsible.

There are laws in the international community as well as in individual countries, and one of those is that murder is a crime. Assassination is frowned upon.

How hard is it to tell who has killed hundreds of political victims in the past? Well, in this case, it's simple. He confessed before anyone even asked.

How long before the International Court of Justice demands Trump's presence for a murder trial? And where will THAT escalate? How much worse can Trump make the USA's presence in the world community? How bad can our reputation get? Why is Trump trying to find out?

We are screwed yet again. And now there's a price on Trump's head. CERTAINLY worth another article of impeachment.

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 January 2020 at 4:58pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

All out war might be inevitable at this point. I blame Trump for reneging on the nuclear deal. I feel the Iranian government is to blame as well. They weren't at all interested in normalizing relations with America and spent their newfound wealth in proxy wars, sometimes against America. It was just a matter of time before the deal fell apart. 

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 January 2020 at 5:20pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Joe,

Nobody goes to "all out war" with the United States these days.

Marc

Edited by Marc Baptiste on 05 January 2020 at 5:21pm

Byron Graham
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 January 2020 at 8:31pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

The Ayatollah clarified last year that "Death to America" really means "Death to Trump."

Edited by Byron Graham on 05 January 2020 at 8:33pm

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 January 2020 at 10:11pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Seems like the world would be safer without the deranged US president threatening war crimes. This is getting very dangerous.

Some people need to grow a pair and shut him down.

-C!

<< Prev Page of 38 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version