Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 July 2020 at 5:27pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

With the polls predicting a Biden victory, there's a risk that neither side is willing to accept a loss. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Steven Myers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 July 2020 at 6:25pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I've figured out the Democrat's plan, and I wonder why this isn't being talked about. You see, in order to beat Trump the Dems needed a recession. Covid gave them the opportunity, if only they could make it last a while. So, the Dems looked carefully at the recommendations being put forth by Health Care workers and Scientists. Then they endorsed these ideas (that have worked so well in other countries) KNOWING because they were for them, Trump and the Republicans must oppose them at all costs. Therefore, we get a ongoing pandemic that tanks Trump's chances at reelection.

It's rather genius I think....
Back to Top profile | search | www

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 July 2020 at 6:28pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I think all the Democrats have to do is just say nothing. Let the "Republicans against Trump" keep on showing their excellent ads, and let the hole dig itself. 

Steven Myers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 July 2020 at 6:32pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

That's what I think when people say he'll try to stay in power. Who is willing to go to war to support him? Republicans don't really like him. The military doesn't like him. The only people on his side are scattered white power "militias", who think they have more power than they do.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 July 2020 at 7:26pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

And if they make a power play to try and keep Trump in power maybe
the actual military will just wipe them out.
Back to Top profile | search

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 July 2020 at 8:38pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

As we learned in 2016, polls don't mean anything. The key, as always, is about who actually turns up to vote on election day. If all the people who say they hate Trump would actually go out and vote, he would lose in a landslide. 

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 July 2020 at 10:19pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Steven Myers wrote:
That's what I think when people say he'll try to stay in power. Who is willing to go to war to support him? Republicans don't really like him.
True.  The only reason Congressional Republicans are willing to look the other way and tolerate him is because of his popularity with Republican voters.  They feel that kowtowing to Trump helps them retain their seats.  But if he loses the election he will likely drag down other Republicans with him (in close Congressional races).  In which case he will no longer be seen as an asset as far as getting re-elected, and Republican leaders will abandon him in droves. 

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 July 2020 at 10:45pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

This I don't understand. They know he is terrible. Why not take the loss and spend the next four years rebuilding? They could easily make the party more palatable to the majority, since the looney religious block are certainly not going to vote Democrat. Calm down the rhetoric, run on a fiscally conservative, minimal government interference in personal life and small government platform, and they might have a good chance of taking over again. 

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 July 2020 at 12:03am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

This I don't understand. They know he is terrible. Why not take the loss and spend the next four years rebuilding?

——

Rebuilding what? Trump is /exactly/ what the Republican Party has been building toward with their decades of right-wing populism. As has been stated and restated by various pundits over the years, Trump is not the problem, he’s just a symptom. The reason why so many Republicans are eager to declare him the “Greatest President in their lifetime” despite not accomplishing much other than packing the courts with conservative judges is that Trump parrots what the Republican voters want to hear. If Trump did not exist, someone similar would be in his place. Unfortunately for the GOP, their guy is an incompetent man-child whom they can’t control. 

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 July 2020 at 12:05am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

That's why I said they need a third party or a rebuilding. Their current model is not sustainable and smart minds in the party must realize this. (You would hope). 

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 July 2020 at 12:26am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Has anyone looked @ the cognitive test he took? He was on Fox last
night saying the last few questions were hard - he repeated this claim.

They are hard for someone struggling with cognitive or memory - they
are not hard for the average joe.

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 July 2020 at 12:28am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Every time he mentions this exam (which I doubt anyone will ever see the results) I am reminded of the BIG BANG THEORY...

“You’re insane!’
“No, I’m not. My mother had me tested.”

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version