Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic
Byrne Robotics > Fan Fic << Prev Page of 42 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN 23--Comments Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 June 2021 at 8:57am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

This take on Wolverine is so interesting to me because I'm not used to seeing him needing time to heal from heinous injuries. I never liked how he was nuked but regenerated after that (I think it was around the Civil War story?). I mean, if he can come back from THAT, why not make him officially invulnerable like Superman? Why bother with the healing factor?

Anyway, thanks for all the cool issues, JB! 
Back to Top profile | search

Richard Stevens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 June 2021 at 9:30am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Man, what can't that Pablo kid do? He's a good egg. I'm grateful for his friendship with Wolverine, and also that someone with these powers isn't a villain.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Joe Smith
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 June 2021 at 11:10am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Pablo scares me. I have a feeling he’s going to give me nightmares
eventually….way scarier than Proteus. Totally here for it, too! Lol.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

David Rose
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 June 2021 at 2:44pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

What Superman comic had the "Host" story in it? I went
through the Man of Steel TPK #2 and I couldn't find it.
Thanks for your help.

John Northey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 June 2021 at 3:02pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I love these quiet moments.  Build up the caring between characters.  Without that it becomes fight after fight, which can be fun but without a reason to care it becomes irrelevant.  Glad Logan is starting to get more memories back and can hardly wait to see how this hand fix goes.  Modern Marvel would've had him100% one page after it happened, I much, much prefer this.  Hopefully we get a healed (more or less) Wolverine soon.  Even if just to have him torn apart again.  

Boy, I can just imagine how JB's mom must've gone nuts with him breaking toys, then trying to put them back together all the time.  Guessing that is a character trait which serves storytelling well, but would be a pain as a parent to deal with.  
Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Hogan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 June 2021 at 3:52pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

@David Rose: Superman #6 has the “Host” story, where Superman
flies to South or Central America and fights what looks like a giant
mummy.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

David Rose
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 June 2021 at 4:22pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Thank you!

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 June 2021 at 4:37pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Wolverine has been a delight in Elsewhen, back in his role as a little seen background player. He just has to look pretty, lash out and get his ass handed to him-- like in the good ol' days.

But there's something building since he got his brain cooked. I didn't realize 'til today that I'm really looking forward to seeing where this Wolverine story goes.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 18 June 2021 at 6:47pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

…look pretty…

•••

I think you’re confusing Wolverine with Hugh Jackman.

It’s a common mistake.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 18 June 2021 at 6:51pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Boy, I can just imagine how JB's mom must've gone nuts with him breaking toys, then trying to put them back together all the time. Guessing that is a character trait which serves storytelling well, but would be a pain as a parent to deal with.

•••

I treated my toys with great care. I still have some of my Corgi diecast cars. My mother’s role was to give my toys away when she decided I was too old for them.

Jonathan Kaye
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2021 at 10:19am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

JB, a question for you about this panel, way back in issue 19, page 11, which I've never fully understood -- because there seemed (to me at least) to be a couple different possible explanations.  What was Xavier reacting to?

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2021 at 11:41am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I wonder if mothers who gave away toys is why I/many often want to get some of it back... we weren't quite wanting to be so giving. My own mother had a favorite doll thrown in a stove fire when she was little. She wasn't supposed to have witnessed it but did and they got her a new one just like it but she was traumatized, I even wrote a song titled Blues For Bubbles about it, so at least she never burned any of my 'friends', just donated some to younger cousins. :^)

So it's circa 2016 and I've been getting up to date on Hidden Years and suddenly I've just got to get Avengers #181-191 (again or for the first time for a couple of them). Massive backslide into mainstream comics ensues and here I am. I'm fighting off wanting any toys back though so far, other than a beloved wallaby stuffie where I allowed the original to be ripped apart by our cat! So glad when I found her again as new old stock from a seller in NY, and so that's enough of that... the BF still has his old space legos and I have my space and castle stuff anyway!

Wolverine not being the one-note, homicidal, muscle-bound, grimacing, best at what I do, claws longer than forearms or bone, b.s. bushido code ninja... well, who wouldn't rejoice? Glad Pablo can help him! :^)
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

<< Prev Page of 42 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version