Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 14 Next >>
Topic: Covid-19 Vaccinations Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2021 at 11:56pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Got my second Astra Zenica jab yesterday.

Conrad, we run a food pantry that feeds about 100 families a week. We
have met quite a few people who will still argue about masks & refuse
the vaccine. It’s kind of heartbreaking & super aggravating @ the same
time.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

L Hunt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 May 2021 at 3:07am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Same here James with my 2nd AZ jab. Absolutely no side effects again. 
Back to Top profile | search

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 May 2021 at 6:45am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

The videos popping up online of people putting magnets on their arms at the vaccine injection site to prove a microchip was injected are laughable. But I’m sure there are people being influenced. Do these people consider the chip has to pass through the needle of the syringe? Do they consider how a chip is made and what material in the manufacturing process are magnetic? Laughable, but there are so very gullible people out there.

I’m up for my second shot in August, but that date will invariably be moved up.

Bryan Eacret
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:39am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

"Anybody else know anyone who won't get vaxxed because microchips?"

I know several people who believe this, and the vaccines are made from aborted fetuses. 

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:10am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

James Woodcock: "...we run a food pantry that feeds about 100 families a week. We
have met quite a few people who will still argue about masks & refuse
the vaccine. It’s kind of heartbreaking & super aggravating @ the same
time...."

So, even in the UK, there are kooks who swallow the conspiracy nonsense about the vaccines? That crap seems as contagious as the virus, itself!

Back to Top profile | search | www

Ardel David
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:25am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I heard firsthand this week: a friend in their 60s, who received J&J shot over a
month ago, tested positive this week for COVID after going to the hospital with
chest pains and trouble breathing. Heart attack was eliminated as possibility.
They are safe / in stable condition.

After doing some reading, it looks like CDC is monitoring reports of
"breakthroughs" (i.e., people becoming infected with COVID after being
vaccinated).

All that's to say: vaccines tend to be synonymous with "cure." But time will tell
if COVID is able to break through one or more of the current vaccine varieties.
Til then, consider maintaining some of the health/safety protocols even after
receiving a shot.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:45am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

My BF says he is getting a J&J soon. This will be in Oregon. I'm a little worried about it although he says he has kept up on men's experience after J&J inoculation. I am in a high risk group and shouldn't have AstraZeneca (although I would've taken it if it were the only vaccine), but I got my first Pfizer on Tuesday and will have a second Pfizer after that. I've had to put off some other blood work, colon screening, and the shingles vaccine until this, so in a couple weeks I will be catching up on all that.

I have been separated from my BF since early last year, we've been together since late 2000s and always spend at least a couple months together while untangling and maintaining lives in both nations. It was possible we could've connected in-person, people were doing so at a park on the border, even marrying, and while land crossings were heavily screened and sea routes entirely shut down, flights have always seemed to be coming and going from most of the world with arrivals on the honor system... one rule for the jet set and another for the rest of us. So this has been like being a military wife. I've also been having to look yet again at U.S. citizenship and having to keep saying no throughout life. My elderly parents are mostly why I have been with them and it's been extremely stressful at times, and my BF was involved with responsibilities toward his own father up to his passing, so if I seem particularly angry at things keeping my life from resuming it's 'normalcy'... also Seattle and Portland in particular have both had a lot of chaos over the last while effecting us both.

If I get to where we both have survived a couple or so weeks past vaccines that will be at last the start of light at the end of the tunnel for me. There have been times I didn't think we'd make it to that. Idiots everywhere and extreme rhetoric I hope everyone has had their fills of for a lifetime.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:28pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

CDC just relaxed the requirement to wear masks if you're fully vaccinated.  (2 weeks or longer since your second dose.)

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:45am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I fear many people will simply hear and see "no masks" minus any finer points, and that anyone in the U.S. not two weeks or more past a second shot is thus put at greater risk (including my boyfriend/significant other). The CDC has rushed to have a victory whereas continuing to back mask wearing wouldn't cost anyone anything really. Now many who ought to wear masks might be less likely to if they feel they would be in a visible minority. I saw this happening at times early on in the pandemic, right before the numbers would jump. Also now that bit harder for individual businesses to enforce a policy. It had been masks inside period, now sometimes it will be asking if they've had their vaccs or the honor system?

(edited to fix one typo)

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 14 May 2021 at 6:24pm

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 May 2021 at 5:46pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

And when we get into the fourth or fifth wave the CDC will be telling the vaccinated to wear masks again. I'm keeping my mask on until COVID is over and done with.  
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Peter Hicks
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 May 2021 at 6:09pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

All that's to say: vaccines tend to be synonymous with "cure." But time will tell 
if COVID is able to break through one or more of the current vaccine varieties. 
Til then, consider maintaining some of the health/safety protocols even after 
receiving a shot.
None of the vaccines is perfect.  The best ones (Pfizer and Moderna) appear to prevent 95% of people from contracting Covid after people are fully immunized.   But 5% still contract and spread the virus.

And while the probability of hospitalization or death is equally low for all the vaccines, Astra Zeneca and J&J appear to prevent all infections in just 65% of recipients.    But 35% of fully vaccinated people can still contract and spread the virus.   

The vaccines will make a big difference, particularly with hospitalizations and deaths.   But Covid will smoulder in the background for a long time.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 May 2021 at 6:51pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I see Bill Maher and eight New York Yankees have tested positive for covid after getting fully vaccinated. I think we all knew this was possible though, and with the J&J one that it was mostly just a guarantee that if you contracted the virus it was very unlikely to be fatal. Expensive however may be another matter, something very much a concern in the U.S. (as in days off sick, long term future health care and insurance costs).

<< Prev Page of 14 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version