Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 14 Next >>
Topic: Covid-19 Vaccinations Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2021 at 7:26am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I get my second Moderna at the end of the month. 28 day wait.
Back to Top profile | search

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2021 at 9:36am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I'm booked in for a first shot of Moderna in just under a fortnight.

Bert Kruger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2021 at 10:45am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Got my 1st Pfizer shot yesterday, may be 16 weeks until I get my 2nd...hopefully sooner.

Experiencing a sore arm and a mild headache, my wife has no effects.

Edited by Bert Kruger on 07 May 2021 at 10:50am

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 May 2021 at 4:48pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Got my second Pfizer today.
*Whew*
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 09 May 2021 at 3:02am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Just four days out from being fully vaccinated, having gotten the second Moderna shot 1.5 weeks ago. Living in LA, which has shockingly been exceptional in its response and California (which might as well be its own country), life appears to be able to return to some sort of normality I wouldn't have thought possible just six months ago.  

Light at the end of a very long tunnel.  Optimistic for the first time in well over a year.

Jim Burdo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 May 2021 at 10:45am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

QUOTE:
Russia (mostly) has been bombarding the internet with b.s. anti-vacc 'news' and info. I couldn't even post this sentence at most any other forum I'm on. Biden has been captain for a massive swing away from the uselessness of the Trump admin. in addressing covid, but I wish they could do a tenth as much to deal with the absolute crap being spread through the public via the various mediums but especially the good old free and unregulated internet. Instead the whole herd immunity model has had to be abandoned as being impossible in the U.S. already. That means it's not going away as more variants will take root, it'll be an ever-present risk out there with no actual end necessitating vaccine boosts and upgrades. Thanks libertarian liberty loving but anti-science types and buyers of the hysterical disinformation.

Biden has been using the same vaccination plan Trump was, which was up to around 1 million a day The one new idea Biden had for federal mass vaccination sites was dropped. Both Biden and Harris expressed doubts about the vaccines before the election. Of course, Trump would look incompetent compared to Justin Trudeau.

David Schmidt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 May 2021 at 11:06am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Got my only Pfizer shot on thursday. I won't have another one because I was ill a few months ago.

Well, I experience a 48 hours flu with a hard fever. Now I'm fine...

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 May 2021 at 11:41am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

While Trump was in office he was not enacting his so-called 'plan'. The Biden incoming administration found it was a sham.

As for U.S. vs. Canada there is this: "COVID-19 infections are still hitting the United States worse than Canada"...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/covid-19-infection s-still-hitting-u-s-worse-than-canada-despite-vaccination-ga p-1.5379963

Thanks largely to the mass of people accepting disinformation, much of which is from Russia even though often pretending to be from people in the U.S. according to U.S. intelligence agencies (oh, part of the deep state 'conspiracy' right?), against vaccines and mask wearing, Canada will at some point surpass the U.S. for inoculations and have a shot at the herd immunity possibility unlike the U.S.

I can't convey how many people in the U.S. expressed admiration for Trudeau jr. while Trump was most un-conservatively buggering his own nation up for years to come for personal aggrandizement and family profit (mind you, they don't get all the info on Trudeau, and I myself didn't vote for him or his party). Not to mention how often I am asked about how to emigrate to Canada while Bush jr. and especially Trump have been in even by white male protestants.

Your courts have been sabotaged and have a lot of weak areas compared to others (such as one verdict in favor of the defendant they can't be tried again for the same thing and yet can have endless seeming appeals) and flat out politically motivated appointments. Your Covid response was one of the, and in many areas the, worst on the planet leading the way in deaths. That's despite the best access to modern medicine and technology. A plan to distribute face masks via your postal system was a great idea... guess who pulled the plug on that? Who has been attacking and blaming and criticizing your postal service infrastructure? It wasn't a haughty Canadian. Hating on foreigners is not going to help you, although a real problem in terms of real interference meant to harm has been from Russia, and it still goes on with lap-dog to Putin Trump not in official power.

Damn, the U.S. is still teetering on the precipice in so many areas, and I say this not to gloat but out of genuine fear! I have to live next to a country, maybe even live in it again, that has fallen into reckless stupidity in many ways. The province with the worst Covid record right now is Alberta, also the province I would say from first hand knowledge with the most MAGA admirers, politically slanted and dumbed down Sun newspapers. Alternately there have been U.S. states that have had much better responses and personal conduct to fight the pandemic than others and they should be lauded, but not used to bolster a fantasy that the U.S. overall has dealt with Covid at all well up to Biden's entrance to the white house (having been sabotaged before that actual moment from helping or doing much).

We should all be on the same side on this; the human race that is. Populist incompetents, deliberate anti-scientific anti-reality lies, and being supposedly great sure as heck is not cutting it anywhere.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 09 May 2021 at 1:34pm

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2021 at 11:57am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

New appointments were being added all over the place, so ended up switching my Moderna apointment for a closer Pfizer one -- which I got today. Second dose isn't scheduled until late August!

Booking system is pretty good here in NS and at the vaccine site it was a totally seamless experience. Really efficient, no waiting around and the jab was painless. No side effects so far, though it's only been an hour.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:37pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

My wife and I got our first Moderna shots yesterday. We were told to take some Tylenol six hours later, but didn't need it. Other than our arms being sore, there are no side effects.

Apparently the difference between Pfizer and Moderna is you have to wait a week longer for the second Moderna shot. We go back June 8th.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Conrad Teves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2021 at 2:54pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Anybody else know anyone who won't get vaxxed because microchips?

Bob Simko
Byrne Robotics Security
Negative Mod

Posted: 12 May 2021 at 8:14pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I told you last Summer, Reed!! :-D

<< Prev Page of 14 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version