Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum Page of 2 Next >>
Topic: Byrne Merch in the wild Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message
Steve Gumm
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 1509
Posted: 04 September 2026 at 1:08am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Ok it’s always fun to see your favorite artist’s artwork out in the wild. So when I saw a Byrne Wolverine shirt in an Old Navy ad on instagram I said heck yeah. I’ll be strutting into the LCS with my new Byrne threads! Then I thought I should read the captions before I hit buy… it was a deal breaker. Who writes this mess, obviously not a fan of the character.


“THE MOST DARINGLY DRAMATIC CHARACTER OF ALL TIME!”




Back to Top profile | search
 
Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 December 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 4200
Posted: 04 September 2026 at 1:31am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Can someone sue you if you're wearing that and have no Wolverine comics to sell?
Back to Top profile | search | www
 
Steve Gumm
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 1509
Posted: 04 September 2026 at 1:59am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

“Let em try bub.. hold my beer.” SNIKT

See I should write for Old Navy T-Shirts!


Back to Top profile | search
 
John Byrne
Avatar
Grumpy Old Guy

Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 137208
Posted: 04 September 2026 at 12:21pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

With the thousands of Wolverine drawings I have done, WHY do they keep using that one??
Back to Top profile | search
 
Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 26 May 2005
Location: England
Posts: 11727
Posted: 05 September 2026 at 6:24am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Coincidentally, i saw a J.B. FF t-shirt pop up on Facebook
yesterday being sold by U.K. clothing store Matalan, it's
issue #243 featuring Galactus.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
John Byrne
Avatar
Grumpy Old Guy

Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 137208
Posted: 05 September 2026 at 5:11pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Except for conventions, which don’t really count as “in the wild”, the closest I got to seeing my work out on its own, was the stand up display for a paperback novel about surfers. The artist had swiped one of my Namor figures as a surfer dude.
Back to Top profile | search
 
Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 April 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 8710
Posted: 06 September 2026 at 6:21pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

IMO, it's the best image of Wolverine, ever.....at that point in time.

But you've done so many more of him since then that were even better.
Back to Top profile | search
 
Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 April 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 4977
Posted: 04 October 2026 at 5:36pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

IMO, the best image of JB's Wolverine... found it on Amazon...


--C!
Back to Top profile | search | www
 
James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 21 September 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8701
Posted: 05 October 2026 at 5:56am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

That old be my pick as well Charles
Back to Top profile | search e-mail
 
John Byrne
Avatar
Grumpy Old Guy

Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 137208
Posted: 05 October 2026 at 12:33pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

James—You managed to fix the annoying “&” substitutions, but can I beg and plead that you proofread before posting? Please. Auto-spell is not your friend!

(And that goes for all of us!)

Back to Top profile | search
 
Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 April 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 8710
Posted: 05 October 2026 at 12:47pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

That's the one I bought, Charles! I like the "worn" look of it.

Funny enough, I still have a shirt with the cover of WOLVERINE#23 bought back in 1990*. It now looks just as worn, only naturally!

*I wish I could have told 17-year-old me that one day I would own a page from it!
Back to Top profile | search
 
Evan S. Kurtz
Byrne Robotics Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 July 2022
Location: Canada
Posts: 461
Posted: 05 October 2026 at 1:32pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

JB, Reddit would drive you crazy! I see so many people posting lengthy topics without a single example of punctuation or even capitalization for the singular first-person pronoun "I." Drives me crazy.

On the other hand, I've begun to speculate that people are writing poorly on purpose, because it stops folks from accusing them of being bots, or writing with AI. 
Back to Top profile | search
 

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login