Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 9
Topic: Hey, Bible Debunkers! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 23 September 2023 at 4:12pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Actually, I quite like the idea of women officiating in church, tho my reasoning is, of course, subversive.

As mayor of New York, Rudy Gulliani ordered all graffiti removed from the subways. He argued that allowing the law to be broken in that “small” way was an implicit approval of larger criminal activity. And it sort of worked. The overall crime rate dropped.

Lady church officers work in much the same way. They are a blatant defiance of Biblical rules, and so unconsciously encourage the breaking of other such rules.

Chip chip chip……..

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 25 September 2023 at 3:18pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Just perusing a number of online articles about changes made to the Bible over the centuries. Worth some surfing, if you’re interested. Many acknowledge that upwards of 30,000 changes have been made for various reasons. My favorite, tho, has to be the absolutely straight faced assertion that NO changes have ever been made.

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 September 2023 at 5:08pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

It defies belief (no pun intended) to imagine that the Bible was not heavily edited and adulterated over many centuries. "The word of God" isn't going to survive unchanged when so many stand to benefit from... adjusting the content, shall we say.

One of the biggest reasons I gave up on organized religion. Their foundational text is an amalgam of myths distorted to suit the politics and cultural agenda of countless hucksters and conmen.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 9
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version