Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 27 Next >>
Topic: FBI Raids Mar-a-Lago Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 August 2022 at 3:39pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Very weird to see Liz Cheney cast as one of the “good guys”.
Back to Top profile | search

Trevor Smith
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2022 at 3:55pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

A true Bizarro world we're living in. I wonder if a re-
shaping of our planet into a cube has been concealed from
us. There's the real conspiracy!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2022 at 5:05pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

LOL - the clown thinks Liz Cheney’s loss means the J6 committee will stop their hearings! 

A little over 100k votes for Hageman (less voters than a small city.) does NOT reflect the will of the majority of Americans. 

Cheney still has 4 months to go - she's not done yet.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2022 at 5:42pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

With 4 months left in her term, I really believe she's going to use her position on the Jan 6th committee to go Scorched Earth on the Orange doG.

Jabari Lamar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2022 at 6:34pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

This is one instance where I'll talk about "both sides," as in, the reaction to Liz Chney from both sides just exemplifies how insane the modern GOP has gotten. A congressperson opposing an attempted overthrow of a Presidental election should not make her seen as something that makes her any kind of hero. This reminds me of Chris' Rock's old joke about...a certain type of Black person. The kind who brags about taking care of his children, or never having gone to jail. So what do you want, a cookie?!?

Cheney voted with Trump 93% of the time while he was President. She's no maverick, no RINO, no Never Trump-er. She's a typical right-winger through and through. She only drew the line at a riot at the Capital. She's only doing what should be the bare minimum of decency by wanting to hold Trump accountable for that. So I can't see any reason to praise her just because the majority of her brethren are delusional. 

Edited by Jabari Lamar on 17 August 2022 at 6:35pm

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2022 at 7:20pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Not a Liz Cheney fan, but I support her efforts to hold that clown accountable for his actions in attempting to dismantle our democracy.

Those politicians who chose NOT to draw the line after Jan 6th need to be voted out. Seems they STILL want to support the Mar-a-Lago traitor!

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2022 at 7:36pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

"No it's not.  And to even imply that's the case is just feeding into the lies you've been fed.  He physically removed classified documents which is wholly against the law. Clinton never did this, not even via email. Stop perpetuating the lies."

Every e-mail Clinton ever sent or received for the purpose of conducting government business as the Secretary of State was a document that belonged to the government.  

Every e-mail in which Clinton discussed classified information also became, by definition, a classified document. 

Clinton removed many of those documents from the custody of the government by improperly storing them on an unsecured private server, instead of a government server.  

When Congress subpoenaed the e-mails, she turned some over and deleted others.  Roughly half of the documents she deleted were later recovered by the FBI.  According to Comey, there were work related e-mails (government documents) among those that were deleted. 

So Clinton removed documents that belonged to the government.  Its the same thing.

On top of that, among the documents stored on her server, as well as the personal devices of Clinton, Abedin, Anthony Weiner (who should never have had them) and others, were highly classified documents, including some that were marked Special Access (the highest level of classification)

These are facts taken directly from FBI press releases that I've linked to in this thread.

Note: Theft = theft.  I acknowledge that some thefts are worse than others. We don't know the severity of the theft Trump may have committed yet, because we have no idea what was in those documents, or whether it will turn out that they were classified or not.  Its still too early.  It may turn out that in severity, he did much worse than Clinton.  But the basic elements of the crimes being alleged are the same.  

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2022 at 7:45pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Very weird to see Liz Cheney cast as one of the “good guys”.

======================================================

I'm no fan of Cheney, and she has her own reasons for pursuing this, and sided with Trump more often than not, but if she becomes a thorn in his side for the next four months to live rent free in his head - I'm for it.

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2022 at 7:45pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

It may turn out that in severity, he did much worse than Clinton.

Why are you obsessing over Hillary Clinton???

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2022 at 7:56pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

When I worked in a SCIF, the security director made no special distinction between hardcopy, paper documents with proper classification markings and digital copies, whether they were on a hard drive, thumb drive or disk.
Unauthorized removal from the facility and/or transfer to different classification of server or system was equally a no-no. As an automation management officer for my brigade, I had hassles bringing Unclassified systems into an otherwise s and TS/SCI and SCIF, and even software collection (where I ad to store regular MS software disks in my office (not my idea) resulted in every disk getting properly checked i and out. 

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2022 at 7:59pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

"A congressperson opposing an attempted overthrow of a Presidental election should not make her seen as something that makes her any kind of hero." 

Exactly. The same is being said about how "courageous" Pence was for not going along with Trump's insane plan to stop the certification procedure. 
Tragically, both Pence and Cheney think simply being decent people and doing their job (albeit surrounded by those who chose not to) is now creditable criteria by which they can now run for President. 

We've sunk to such a new low.

Jabari Lamar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2022 at 8:03pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Why are you obsessing over Hillary Clinton???

Why are you all still wasting your time trying to reason with that guy???

Just block him, he's not worth it. 

<< Prev Page of 27 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version