Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 27 Next >>
Topic: FBI Raids Mar-a-Lago Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2022 at 9:48pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Nobody said that.  I said there are corrupt politicians in both parties, including Hilary Clinton, who I believe is among the worst of them.

Here we go with some standard Clinton negativity.... say what you want, but IMO she's way better than Trump... he wasn't among the worst... he IS the worst. (His MAGA cult is the worst thing any politician has done to this country.) NO DEBATE NECESSARY.

Also, we are way past "what about-isms"... one party has clearly "run off the rails".

JUST READ: Justice Dept asks court to keep Mar-a-lago search warrant affidavit UNDER SEAL -  "Disclosure at this juncture of the affidavit supporting probable cause would, by contrast, cause significant and irreparable damage to this ongoing criminal investigation".

Trump's head just exploded if he read the parts about witnesses and continuing criminal investigation!

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 15 August 2022 at 10:14pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2022 at 10:16pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

"Also, we are way past "what about-isms"

Not criticizing Clinton to elevate Trump.  Read my posts.  I never said Trump was good.
Back to Top profile | search

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2022 at 10:18pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Want to know what some major differences between Trump & Clinter
are/were?

Trump tried to organise an insurrection

Trump was the President of the USA when he did that.

Trump was the President of the USA when he removed classified
documents - him saying he declassified the documents does not make
them declassified - there is a process & he didn’t go through the process.

Whatever Hillary did or did not do, she was NOT the President of the United
States @ the time of the alleged offences.

Big difference. Huge.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2022 at 11:35pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Ha ha! He’s crying because they took his passports. Maybe he was planning
to run for the cover of his Russian overlords.

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2022 at 11:58pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

If we're going to continue to bring Hillary Clinton into this regarding her server/emails (still laughable to continue to compare these offenses to any of the the litany of transgressions of which Trump is unrepentantly guilty), then it might be noteworthy to point out that she addressed the issue before governing bodies regarding the offenses, twice and under oath. No fizz-ifth.  < id="protanopia"> < id="deuteranopia"> < id="tritanopia">

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2022 at 12:13am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

There are reports that right now Garland and the FBI, including their families most probably, are being subjected to every kind of intimidation and pressure crooks and loons at large can muster. They will distribute addresses and names. The deplorables have long talked big of having to be willing to kill police and military. One down in Ohio, how many to go?

I've heard several years now of how "crooked" Hilary Clinton is to blame for everything because she ran. Yes, because someone ran in a democracy, that must be the problem. Held a series of offices as a member of a party and went for the top job representing them; a terrible and deeply un-American thing. That "lust for power in her eyes" scared people, that's real that is... no, and a more cartoonish notion of a misogynyst I probably coulnd't concoct. She's just a yuppie, there were hundreds of thousands of them once. Named their kid after a Joni Mitchell lyric about a NY building, 'felt' your pain, 'it takes a village', wore the right shoes and pastel or shade of the moment, got almost three million more votes than the great 'winner'... yeah, scary stuff her.

Abandoning there being rules for public airwaves and bandwidth to benefit a plethora of con artist profiteers and slanted hate groups advocating criminal and violent actions, declawing the FCC, allowing multiple outlets in a market to be owned by the same people with the same infomercials for dodgy products promising what a child idiot ought no to believe in' and infotainment half-truth 'talk' programs... those things had, and are still having, much more impact. Weimar Berlin stands in the '20s were loaded with every imaginable slant of magazine and newspaper, but eventually there was only one slant allowed. You want to aim for a compromise and a middle, trim the violent extreme blamers and reactors without silencing creative thinkers.

A continued failure to hold Trump and minions to account on what laws still exist is really not an option. Some other personage having supposedly 'gotten away with' something, which is not even true in the case being cited by Trump, yet is definitely true for the Bush/Cheney administration, cannot possibly be anything equal to what this man has done and is doing to the U.S. of A... it is only more delaying and distractionary b.s. we've seen too much of. Unhinged people were braying about how the Clintons have killed people since back in the '90s. I do not find their act entertaining, anymore than Bill Clinton's act was, nor Trump's has ever been to me, and I really do not want the U.S.A. to be a clown car of a country with others plotting to follow later in the parade.

Lincoln wasn't all that great. Trump has done more for black people, women, hispanics. Hilary was crooked, you know it. Covid vacc hoax! Only I can fix things. This is a Christian nation. Abortion kills and guns protect. He was armed with a sidewalk. Fire Big Bird! We have to go to the dark side sometimes. I'm worth ten billion dollars, I don't need any donations. Climate hoax! I never pay taxes because I'm smart. Every one of those statues and that losing flag are our heritage. Russia hoax! Nobody loves America more, that I can tell you, believe me. Hydrocloroquine!

I'm sick of all of that and any more of it, can't imagine who wouldn't be.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2022 at 1:42am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Not criticizing Clinton to elevate Trump.  Read my posts.  I never said Trump was good.

If you read my posts, you'd see I never mentioned that you said Trump was good... regardless, this thread is really ABOUT Trump. 

Let's move on, shall we?

-C!

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2022 at 2:46am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Passports? Who has more than one? Unless you have dual citizenship, which the orange one doesn't, you should only have one....

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2022 at 6:22am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Two were expired, one was live.

I have two expired passports & two live passports. There are two reasons
for this.

One - pre-Covid I was travelling so much that I could have one passport @
an embassy getting a visa while travelling on the other passport.

Two - & this really is true - it is easier to enter certain countries if there is
not a stamp in your passport from certain other countries.

So, the number of passports is not an issue to me. That the live one was
taken pertains to my question a few pages back - when will he be
considered a flight risk. But not only that, I do wonder if they were looking
to see where & when he went places. Which could be germaine to the
investigation.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2022 at 11:19am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

His passport was returned to him, so it's not an issue.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2022 at 3:33pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Deleted because I'm not sure if what I wrote is correct...

Edited by Peter Martin on 16 August 2022 at 3:35pm

John Wickett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2022 at 6:53pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

"... regardless, this thread is really ABOUT Trump. Let's move on, shall we?"

Part of the discussion has been Trump's claim that others, including Clinton, have mishandled/removed classified documents without having been subjected to search warrants and criminal prosecution.

I only went into detail about Clinton because Rebecca argued that Clinton didn't do anything wrong.

There is a problem here that is bigger than Trump: If one ascends to prominence in Washington, they become immune to prosecution...for almost anything.

Whichever party is in power will endlessly investigate the other, and expose the other side's corruption for political purposes.  They'll even impeach each other.  But any consequences always stop short of criminal prosecution.  

People have been dishonorably discharged from the military, prosecuted, and sent to prison for much less egregious mishandling of classified information than we saw with Clinton.  But she gets a pass.

Likewise, Trump will NEVER be arrested or charged with anything he did in connection with Jan 25 or his possession of any of the documents seized by the FBI.  The only concern here is to make sure he doesn't run again. 

Around 2007 or 2008 I took a political science class at UNLV.  The professor was Dina Titus.  Titus served in the NV State Senate from 1988 - 2008, during which she was the minority leader for 16 years.  Then she was elected to the U.S. Congress, and has been serving there ever since.  Titus was a political science professor for 34 years.  

This very topic came up in class.  She acknowledged the existence of an unwritten understanding that leaders in both parties will avoid criminally prosecuting high profile members of the opposing party, because when power shifts to the other party, they don't want themselves or their peers to be vulnerable to prosecution.  At the end of the day, no matter how aggressive their rhetoric against each other may be, these people have got each others' backs.  

Edited by John Wickett on 16 August 2022 at 6:54pm

<< Prev Page of 27 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version