Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 157 Next >>
Topic: DC Figurine Collection Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 March 2008 at 5:30am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

During the trial run in the autumn last year these were readily available in several newsagents and supermarkets in my area.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Craig Ashforth
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 March 2008 at 5:53am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Has anyone received the subscriber exclusive Batman figure yet? If so is it any good? Photos look good.

Philippe Negrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2008 at 1:59pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Batman is out for €2.99. I may take the jump. Does anyone abroad  want me to buy and send an extra one?  
Back to Top profile | search

Philippe Negrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 March 2008 at 9:51am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I've just bought it. Nice heavy stuff. The problem is that the price gets higher for each new figure. And I'm not sure about the deals they propose afterwards to keep you going. So it may be my first and last one. 

Aric Shapiro
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 March 2008 at 9:55am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

"Does anyone abroad  want me to buy and send an extra one?   "

ME ME ME!!!!

Philippe Negrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 March 2008 at 10:15am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Ari, do you want just the figure in its box or the whole package with the ( useless - to me !) booklet)

Richard Franck
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 March 2008 at 1:29am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Okay, I got Batman last week. Very nice figurine, very beautiful sculpt, the paint is good but I will give it only a 7/10 (the yellow paint of the belt is my only concern, since my Batman got a bit of yellow on the belly - hem sorry the lower abdominal muscles).

I don't know what Bruce Wayne took for breakfast the day he poses for this figurine, but he is HUGE OVER MUSCULAR (imo) : he is far more muscular than Captain America (it almost makes me wonder if this Cap figurine was made before or after Steve Roger took the super soldier serum !!!). In fact, this Batman is more muscular than most of the Marvel figurines (a change of artist who makes the sculpt ?)

Batman is bigger and taller than Cap, for example, but he is the same size than Hawkeye (by the way, since when is Clint Barton taller and more muscular than Captain America ?).

The good surprise (imo) came from the magazine : no more humour, well written, the only thing I regret is that you don't have any poster inside ! There is a special chapter on the Frank Miller's Dark Knight and the Miller Mazzuchelli run on Batman Year one.

I will continue the collection, of course, but I will not get all of them.

If the artist keeps on insisting so much on anatomical details, I can't wait to see what he will do on Powergirl ...

I will send some pics .

Richard Franck
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 March 2008 at 2:13am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Here we go

Richard Franck
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 March 2008 at 6:23am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

After the excitement of the new magazine format, I regret some lacks of informations about the character. There is a chapter on the Batman's equipment (Batmobile, motorcycle, batarangs...) but none is said about the Batcave and the utility belt !!!

There is also no "technical" informations about Batman's physical performances and intelligence (the kind of power grid there is in the Marvel magazine).

After I posted some pics, due to the zoom effects, I noticed some flaws in the paint of my figurine that I hadn't noticed before. The flesh paint is not so well applied on the face, but you really have to put your nose on it to notice. But I had already encountered this kind of "disagreement" with almost all my Marvel characters wearing this kind of mask (Cyclops, Wolverine, Captain America, ...).

I know the first figurines are produced in great number, so it's understandable the quality is not 10/10 at the beginning. The latest Marvel figurines I've got are really amazing in detail and paint job (Hawkeye is a must !!!).

Do anyone here know the quantity of figurines which are produced per character ?

Thanos Kollias
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 March 2008 at 6:24am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

This one strikes me as a bit off, not unlike the Guardian one posted in the MFC thread. The Marvel ones so far were really good and with minor differences (I wouldn't have thought Hawkeye or Yellowjacket as muscular as, if not more than, Power-Man for example) almost on model. This one appears too muscular.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Philippe Negrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 March 2008 at 6:34am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I like my Batman. My only concern is that two different blacks were used : The boots, chest bat emblem and inside of the cape are painted shiny black the outside of the cape, gloves, shorts and mask are mat black.

edited an inside/outside mix-up

Edited by Philippe Negrin on 05 March 2008 at 9:52am

Richard Franck
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 March 2008 at 8:44am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

My figurine has the same type of black than yours Philippe. I don't see any specifications implied by the character which would lead to these 2 kinds of black. Any idea ?

<< Prev Page of 157 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version