Posted: 26 March 2019 at 2:26am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I get the impression that people in the news media are
suffering post-traumatic flashbacks to the 2016 election

---

I still remember the bubble mentality that existed
before the election. It was the results of the election
that they could not handle that caused this whole
Russiagate thing in the first place. It was the next
best thing to time traveling to go back and fix it.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brennan Voboril
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 March 2019 at 6:32am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Time will tell Dave, but my prediction is that with the results of the Mueller report any chance the Democrats had for 2020 is gone with the wind. 
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 March 2019 at 4:55pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Basically, Trump proves once again that you can be a liar, a cheat, a despicable excuse for a human being and still end up on top. The old adage “cheaters never prosper” is wrong. The worse he is the better things go for him. Maybe everything we’ve believed about ethics and morals are actually wrong. I guess we all just need to be asshole human beings and everything will be alright. 

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2019 at 5:13am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

The Democrats need to fight Trump's anger with their own anger, but not alienate people, and have a candidate that can go toe to toe with Trump. Show him up intellectually (not too hard), but able to undermine his behaviours in debates when it counts.

Ed Aycock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2019 at 5:33am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Trump: See?  Nothing to see, I did nothing wrong.

Also Trump:  I'm also having Betsy DeVos strip funding from the Special Olympics because remember,  I'm the President who makes fun of people with disabilities rather than let people with disabilities have fun.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Paul Buchanan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2019 at 8:31am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

No one would debate that the Special Olympics is a wonderful program (which it 100% is). But why should taxpayers that are 22 TRILLION dollars in debt pay for it? Every tax dollar is collected by force. Why should people go to work to support themselves, have the money that THEY earned taken from them by threat of force or incarceration, and have the Federal Government dole it out to where they see fit? 

And before the inevitable cries that I hate disabled people I'll say that I donate to the Special Olympics. I know families that take part in it. I think it's a great program and well worth my effort to work (and make money that I could use for my own family) to support it. But it's not the role of the Fed government to force me with the threat of jail to support projects like
this. And that goes for trillions of dollars of other non-essential government spending.

Charities would do just fine if everyone that screamed about forcing other people to pay for something they support actually reached into their own wallets and supported it themselves. 

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2019 at 8:45am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

"The Democrats need to fight Trump's anger with their own anger, but not alienate people, and have a candidate that can go toe to toe with Trump. Show him up intellectually (not too hard), but able to undermine his behaviours in debates when it counts."

--

That's pretty much the only reason why I want Biden to run - he'd make short work of Trump in a debate.

It was so infuriating watching Clinton sit there and let Trump's outrageousness go unanswered during the debate. His "that makes me smart" rebuttal to her charge that he doesn't pay taxes should have stopped her in her tracks, even with something simple like "Wait, so are you saying that the millions of hard working Americans that pay their taxes are all stupid?". But no, she just ignored it.

Ed Aycock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2019 at 9:05am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

But having taxpayers pay for that wall is so much better?

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2019 at 9:30am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

This country has more important things to pay for, like a billionaire's weekly vacation travel to play golf in Florida. 

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2019 at 10:00am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

That's pretty much the only reason why I want Biden to run - he'd make short work of Trump in a debate.

========================================================

Yeah. Looking at the other candidates, they are intelligent and articulate, but I don't think they've got the skills it takes to handle Trump at these moments. They might give more traditional politician answers or just let him gain control.

Biden can give an answer, and not let Trump get out of hand. Or if he does put him back in his box.

Brennan Voboril
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2019 at 10:07am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Remember when Biden said if he were in high school he'd take Trump behind the gym and beat the hell out of him?  

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2019 at 10:43am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Remember when Biden said if he were in high school he'd take Trump behind the gym and beat the hell out of him?

========================================================

Yup. Trump has probably never been in a fist fight in his life. He's paid others to do that. He'd be done like a sack of old potatoes.

Should be a quick first round for "Crazy" Joe Biden (as he called him).

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version