Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 February 2019 at 2:38pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

The easier and cheaper thing to have done all along was to go after Americans employing illegal workers (like Trump businesses did), instead it's been politicians who came up with further insulting things like using the taxpayer to build special hiring centers to keep illegal workers off streets where some employers were picking them up (so out of sight out of mind and you the legal worker pay for it?). They could have cleaned up this mess and made exceptions for traditional farm labor ages ago. Then again they could've fixed all kinds of things like campaign financing and not thrown out past solutions that worked to keep America a land of fair opportunity and real innovation rewarded, and a stock market grounded more in reality. Generational hate for FDR, JFK and LBJ, and generational voting is apparently a real thing (and they even throw Eisenhower under the bus as not a real 'conservative', the guy who warned us of the military-industrial complex).

I can understand some people working two or three jobs have so little time they just grab headlines in passing, or images of flag-kissing and waving a bible, and that Trump is just one of many to take that all the way to the bank, but has anyone ever had pre-printed 'Blacks For' and 'Women For' or 'Hispanics For' signs before him? If not it's because nobody ever needed to before, nobody divided so much (except of course Obama simply by existing apparently), anymore than anyone held re-election 'rallies' right after inaugeration! Nuclear ttreaties ripped up, a president openly praising and fawning over fascist dictators... is any price worth it just to stick it to those terrible lefties? I understand at least two of them have me on ignore for being so terribly moderate, but this isn't even politics with Trump, it's more like we're all in a tv reality show of some kind we never even wanted to watch never mind live in!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 February 2019 at 2:47pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Ha ha ha, look at all those lefties frothing, I love it when they say "but... but... he can't do that"... well suck it you Godless liberals. We're taller, we're smarter, we're very very great in numbers (especially where we control the voter rolls and district configurations, and on the supreme court). Oh how I love to see those lefties outraged.

Isn't this how it really works? But I bet it's Comrade Vladimir, Chairman Kim and the Saudi royal family laughing loudest privately. :^(

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 15 February 2019 at 2:47pm

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 February 2019 at 6:31pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Steve De Young wrote:
Things Republicans suddenly don't care about now that they're just Team Trump:

1) Deficits
2) The National Debt
3) Property Rights
4) Limiting Government Power
5) Military Funding

What's left?

Don't forget:

6) Sanctity of marriage
7) Family values

Republicans still stand behind persecuting gays and undermining women's health and autonomy. Indiscriminate policing against non-white populations. Shoving around third world countries. Civilian casualties. And lowering taxes (for millionaires, that is; they raised mine.)

The wall's never going to happen at any effective or permanent scale. Even assuming Trump is reelected, it'll take years to plan and decades to build, go over budget by several orders of magnitude, and vast swaths of the funding will disappear. Look at California's  high-speed rail, which began a decade ago with $9 billion and ambitions to link San Diego to Sacramento, and turned into $100 billion and expected completion in the 2030's; now's it's been reduced to a route from Bakersfield to Merced. Imagine what would happen to the wall in the hands of Trump and his reptilian ilk. I'm expecting at most a few miles of cheaply-built Potemkin walls, which will fast decay. Entirely appropriate for this presidency.

Edited by David Miller on 15 February 2019 at 6:33pm
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 February 2019 at 10:25pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I might as well also pee on both extreme left and right barbecues...

"Where in Marx did he envision a dictatorship?"

It just magically happens that people who follow his ideas out into reality (or at least pretend to) end up there, and fairly quickly too! Even the Asians whom Marx wrote were good only for manual labor, and yet they still have statues of him up. The fact that he writes off an entire race like that should've put huge holes through any of the compasionate argument of the ideal of communism as espoused by Marx/Engels. I'd say stick with Groucho, but then look at all he lost in the stock market that one time! :^)

"75 % of Republicans approve of his speech 83% of indipendants do. I am in that group."

I thought his fans were against people reading off teleprompters, which he made fun of at his rallies, but which is most of what he did at that highly rated State Of the Union address where he suppsoedly seemed so presidential. No teleprompter at the Rose Garden "I didn't have to this" event with McConnell today, where he appeared incoherent and delusional. This man is a functional illiterate in that he won't read much even of what the job requires him to, and reads from the teleprompter as stiffly as any politicians and after a decade plus in television entertainment (term applied loosely).

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 February 2019 at 11:00pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

75 % of Republicans approve of his speech 83% of indipendants do.

——

Let’s be clear on this polling stat. 83% of the independents who were watching the State of the Union approved of the speech. That’s a very different number and very different selection group from 83% of independent voters.
Back to Top profile | search

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 February 2019 at 11:34pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

". It is the Democrats who want to take our guns like hitter did. If any dictator appears it will com from the Democrats."

A key part in 'Hitter' coming to power was the muscle of his brownshirts: a non-governmental, well-armed militia. He was quite keen on arming his own paramilitary group, which dwarfed the actual German army at the time.

Whenever I listen to a Democrat (or independent) discuss gun control, they preface their discussion with 'no one is proposing to take your guns away. I believe in the second amendment.' Yet from this, you take away that they are going to take your guns away.

Finally, in terms of a dictator appearing... The real fear is if you get a leader who just steamrollers over the checks and balances, using executive power as a way to push through their own will, regardless of anyone else and incrementally curbs freedoms until finally none remains. The first rule of being a dictator is this: be in power.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 16 February 2019 at 12:09am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Thomas Woods wrote:
He’s given Democrats delay after delay with many calls and offers to work together on the situation. The just don’t want to protect America and put drug traffickers, sex traffickers first over their own citizens.

This statement is absolutely 100% unequivocally false.  All of it.  

Every. Single. Word. 

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 16 February 2019 at 12:16am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Thomas Woods wrote:
I suspect that these are remote 
portions of their property that has no use, I think. Hopefully that is the 
case and it is just a strip of land big enough for the wall.

So you base your opinion on conjecture rather than fact.  

Gotcha.  

Hopes and dreams.

A "strip of land".

That "strip of land" is miles long and miles wide.  Not something anyone who owns it is going to just give up because you assume/hope it "has no use".  Let me go in your back yard and figure out what I think is of no use and then appropriate it with very little reimbursement and absolutely no recourse all in the name of some made up "state of emergency" I created to make myself kinda sorta look like I'm living up to a bogus campaign promise about a fabricated border crisis.  I'm sure that will sit just fine with you. 

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 16 February 2019 at 12:33am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

One of the biggest issues with Trump's false "state of emergency" is the precedent it sets.  Many have rightfully said that if it goes through unchecked that it becomes a tool that any president, Republican or Democrat, can and would most certainly use in the future to circumvent the Constitutional Powers given to Congress: that is to determine where government money is spent.  If successful in this bid, it would fundamentally alter what the Founding Fathers intended when separating the government into three branches and the powers (but more importantly the limitations) given to each branch.  

I fully expect the Republicans in both the House and the Senate to abdicate their role as a check on the President.  They've done just that since 2016.  So it's incumbent upon Democrats, state governments (California is in the process of filing a lawsuit) and the people in general to fill the role that Republicans have happily given over to this White House. 

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 February 2019 at 12:33am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Since Trump can’t build the whole wall, if he runs into resistance he
should not argue with them and leave that area open and move down
to the next one, only when everything else is complete can they go
back and negotiate with these people.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 16 February 2019 at 1:05am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

"The Wall" isn't akin to a private fence you put up between your home and that of your next door neighbor.  It's not simply using "a strip of land" that "has no use".  For a moment let's put aside what it symbolizes and dig into the real life effect it has on a number of individuals, communities and at least one religious denomination.  

National Butterfly Center- Border Wall Information

Laugh if you must about butterflies being hurt, but if you do it's because you don't understand their valuable role in our ecosystem.  They aren't just "pretty" insects.  Scoff at a cross Arizona/Mexican Indian tribe that has called the region home for much longer than Arizona has been a state let alone the US being a country.  Cast aspersions at Texas landowners not willing to give up private property they've bought and paid for just because the government wants it.  And, for good measure, throw some shade at Catholics saying a border wall violates their religious freedom because it would be built on their land. 

This is much, MUCH more than appropriating a simple "strip of land" that no one uses to build a wall that, quite frankly, very few want.  

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 February 2019 at 8:24am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Trump, Thomas and all the other racists want it, so it must happen. 

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version