Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 January 2019 at 3:04pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

"from memory and off the top of my head? there were several robberies of groups  of individuals "very closely" matching the description of them."

John (O’Connor), clearly, David asked for CONCRETE EVIDENCE - which never materialized... and  my main point in bringing up the Central Park 5 was the UNNECESSARY death sentence wished upon them by Trump.

Personal biases I guess.

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 28 January 2019 at 1:40pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 January 2019 at 5:25am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Personal biases indeed......

John O’Connor brought a ton of them to this conversation.

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 27 January 2019 at 9:17am
Back to Top profile | search

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 January 2019 at 7:47am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

JB's Forum rule:

QUOTE:
• Do Not use "John" or "JB" when addressing or quoting anyone other than YOURS TRULY. There are a lot of "Johns" and several "JBs" on the Forum. Make sure you distinguish which you mean!

Edited by Michael Penn on 27 January 2019 at 7:47am

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 February 2019 at 9:55pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

What a despicable, petty coward...

Passed on Trump's SOTU speech, which I'm sure was full of lies and will be properly fact-checked tomorrow. His base will remain pleased.

-C!

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 February 2019 at 10:48pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

He took some jabs at the Mueller investigation, and said a bunch of crap about Iran that shows he's clearly ignoring his intelligence advisors and believing his own bs instead.

I'm sure there's a lot more garbage in it, but at some point I just zoned out.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 February 2019 at 11:39pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I made an attempt to watch but I found the hockey game on another channel more interesting most of the time (Vancouver lost though), and then I actually fell asleep for I think the last half hour or so of the address.

But... there was standing ovation after standing ovation... and he seemed "presidential" in his manner (suit, check, tie, check, white male, check, what else is there?).

Geez, I don't know what the @#$%^&*! this crap was, but I've seen pretty much the same with other presidents... something about it comes off as sad, cheesy and phony, whether it was Bill Clinton or Bush Jr. delivering ye olde address (aka going through the motions for another year). Under Obama it was a little more sincere, probably was when Carter was in (or did he just nag everyone to turn the heat down and put on a sweater?). Just a big puffed-up, long-winded ordeal signifying little. But whatever supporters exist still will say how presidential he seemed to them, and with all the applause and laugh lines I suppose anyone not looking too deeply might not see anything amiss, perhaps it will comfort them somehow while they await Trumps Nobel prize to be awarded?

Yes, definitely some made-up junk was in there, of course. he keeps hoping they will forget to correct one thing and then he can leverage that into complete exoneration. There was some stuntism/signaling of moral superiority showily on the left as usual, maybe there's a better way of getting some of these important things across though than women wearing white and applauding themselves without adding to the carnival like atmosphere? I'd have preferred turned backs and booing the big victim of affluenza to this phony smiling and clapping at one thing but not another; it would seem more honest.

Let's hope this is his last one of these though, Trump has got to be in the top three of worst ever people in this position (rubbing shoulders with Andrew Johnson having passed Bush Jr. astoundingly quickly, including on the smallest percentage of hours put into the job which Bush Jr. started out as notoriously lazy at).

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 05 February 2019 at 11:40pm

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 February 2019 at 11:39pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

CNN poll 76% approve

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 February 2019 at 11:42pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

"CNN poll 76% approve"

That proves it! :^D

"he seemed "presidential" in his manner (suit, check, tie, check, white male, check, what else is there?)."

Oh, he probably said strong a bunch of times, that's always good too.

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 February 2019 at 11:50pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I loved it. I love America.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2019 at 1:09am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

But the problem is, and according to military and intelligence people, he is not making America stronger in a lot of areas, he's make it weaker. Shows very little interest in learning or reading even thinking he knows it's just about saying something is this or that even if it's not, like adding stories to his buildings of billions to his worth that are not real. On the surface I will grant he sounds great to people with a lack of time to really look below the surface or find the non-existant floors or billions in wealth among so many other fantasies. Confidence (con) artists survive on false confidence, people willing to fool themselves. Kiss the flag while you employ illegals yourself (much easier and cheaper to go after the smaller number of employers than the millions of poor people don't you think?) and your daughter manufacturers in China.

It just makes me sad when people still half-listen to someone objectively recorded as one of the most excessive distorters of reality and mis-speakers of truth seen in a long while. They saw standing ovations tonight from both parties of the swamp... how is that helping America? That's why so many don't even want to vote at all and buy the both sides are bad and to blame... and they are both tonight supportive of someone who is breaking rules, throwing them out, and everyone associated with him is being investigated, and by Republican appointees in law enforcement too!

Right back into the fantasy that Trump can be an effective president of any kind and isn't just running up a massive tab you'll be stuck with like so many he did business with were. Nothing like Reagan at all, and as often the diametric opposite (so long Nuclear treaty Reagan worked so hard on, they won't honor it anyway so... riiiiiiip, just like that). Don't need sanctions either though? Heck don't need regulations and qualifications anymore, bad people will do what they want anyway, Trump sure is thanks to his supporters. :^(

This is from someone who does not hate the U.S. by the way and has many friends, loved ones and family going back generations.

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2019 at 2:05am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Here is what I don't get, and it goes both ways
because a time ago I would be against pulling out
military from overseas. But the left and liberals
should love that Trump wants us out of wars and
suddenly don't. And I find myself agreeing with him
that we should minimize our influence in other
countries business.

The liberal and left stance was typically anti
military power and I'm sure there are instances where
Obama did not agree with them and his followers agreed
with him and not the military or intelligence.

Trump is definitely one knowledgeable of the con game.
It serves him well in spotting and exposing other
cons. That has been my view of him all along, that it
takes a 'bad' guy to take out the bad guys. That a
good guy would be too soft and just get pushed around
and buried by his opponents. And he seems to be
fighting for the right side.

I will admit my faith in him was wavering over the
past couple of months. But I got some faith back after
that speech and hope that he can accomplish more.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2019 at 3:16am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

QUOTE:
Here is what I don't get, and it goes both ways because a time ago I would be against pulling out military from overseas. But the left and liberals should love that Trump wants us out of wars and suddenly don't. And I find myself agreeing with him that we should minimize our influence in other countries business.

I'm all for less war. What I'm opposed to is getting into a conflict and then ditching in the middle to leave our allies to fend for themselves. It's not that complicated to figure out. If you start shit and then leave it for others to clean up, you are an asshole by any measure.

QUOTE:
Trump is definitely one knowledgeable of the con game. It serves him well in spotting and exposing other cons. That has been my view of him all along, that it takes a 'bad' guy to take out the bad guys. That a good guy would be too soft and just get pushed around and buried by his opponents. And he seems to be fighting for the right side.

You mean how he's been "draining the swamp" by getting rid of the career politicians being bought off by lobbyists and replacing them with the lobbyists that were buying them off? He's good at making corruption more efficient, I guess.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version