Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 August 2018 at 7:25pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Now, after months of saying he didn’t know who Stormy Daniels even was until after the scandal came to light, he claiming he told Cohen to pay her off using his own money and not campaign money. Lies to cover up lies to cover up lies...  

And his supporters eat it up like it was manna from heaven. 
Back to Top profile | search

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 August 2018 at 7:40pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

When Trump says, "In fact, my first question, when I heard about it, [was] ‘Did they come out of the campaign because that could be a little dicey,’” he's counting on literally every individual he's reaching with those words being tied for stupidest person on the face of the planet.

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2018 at 4:57am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Let’s go after South Africa now for stealing land from the white people. 

God, surely Tucker Carlson isn’t the best advisor the POTUS could have on this issue. 

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2018 at 11:23am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Worth a read:

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2018 at 12:51pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Someone should force President Trump AND his advisors to watch A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS - unfortunately, they would probably all derive exactly the wrong message from it.

Marc

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2018 at 1:18pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

It's tough to imagine that this week represents one of many similar weeks to come. Imagine what will happen if any of the "Rump kids" are indicted.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2018 at 8:50pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I wonder if anyone other than myself winced when Trump told the two daughters of the soldier awarded the medal of honor who died in Afghanistan, "You have good genes". Bizarre. You know who else was into eugenics and superior heredity? Who "believed the nation had become weak, corrupted by dysgenics, the infusion of degenerate elements into its bloodstream?"

R a c i s t.

Scary to me to hear a U.S. president say such a thing that openly. It was a little more concealed when he raved about the inherited attributes his amazing children possess, even when it took the form of how he'd be dating his daughter if she weren't his daughter. God grief, is this really what millions of Americans want in a leader? :^( Economy uber alles? I really wonder about the economic numbers we're given anyway, but if you own a lot of stock or are in the top percentile I would have to concede that yes, this probably is your guy, but the rest of you? Salary spending power is backward to the '70s or something, and you lose in services far more than you gain in lessened taxes, while the toppermost of the poppermost are always getting tax breaks, they're practically self-renewing and automatic, and now one with all the offshore hidey-holes will probably get pardoned. How about someone who will get the breaks to the people and actual small enterprises who desperately need them instead of cynically manipulating them against other poor people?

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 23 August 2018 at 8:51pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 August 2018 at 8:57pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Why Trump Supporters Believe He Is Not Corrupt
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2018 at 8:59am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

That Atlantic article sums up rather nicely an observation I had sometime after the election - following through that a lot of Trump's support is a race-influenced backlash against the idea of Obama, I think that Trump is how White Americans see ourselves.  That Trump represents the idea of whiteness.  Even worse, he represents the ideal of whiteness.  How depressing.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2018 at 11:51am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

"he represents the ideal of whiteness"

Exaggerates the amount of money he has... check!
Desperate to have a tan even if it means weirdly orange skin from artificial methods... check!
Kid with cutesy vanity plate or Japanese cartoon character type name, Barron... check!
Refers to white athletes and coaches as 'real men'... check!
Swaggers around like he's been through a war but never would consider he or any of his kids ever serving... check!
Golfs, a lot... check!
Thinks he's actually good at golf... check!
Nepotistic in the extreme (also required of fascist dictators)... check!
Born on third base and thinks he hit a triple but deserved a home run that was somehow denied him... check!

Yep, the perfect white guy!

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2018 at 2:38pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

You forgot the bit about the trophy wives/mistresses who represent their own scary idea for some - check.

Paul Buchanan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 August 2018 at 4:24pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I love how Kopperman and Jansen call Trump the racist, while going on two of the most racist diatribes and stereotyping rants I've ever seen on the forum. Ridiculous.

I'm fed up with the simple minded, bigoted characterization that everyone that didn't like Obama's Presidency is a racist. Could you disagree with Bush without hating white people? If so, is it not possible to disagree with Obama's policies based on the policies themselves. Sorry, but I don't like Government run healthcare. I don't like the IRS targeting conservative groups. I hate activist judges like Ginsberg, and Sotamayor. I don't like over-regulation and big government. I'm sickened by the crime in the democratically run cities of Chicago and Baltimore. But most of all I'm done with the reflexive, ignorant response that everyone that disagreed with Obama's presidency did it because he's black. 

And Trump's a nazi too, so everyone that voted for him loves the third reich as well I guess. Don't forget that narrative! Never mind that Trump deported a nazi jail guard this week, or that he moved the US embassy to Jerusalem after 40+ years of other Presidents' broken promises. Or that Obama used tax dollars to try to oust Benjamin Netanyahu, and authorized hundreds of millions of dollars in cash to be flown to Iran as part or his nuclear "deal". Money that went to a corrupt government that has threatened Israel with nuclear destruction, as well as to hezbollah. But somehow Trump is the one called a nazi, not Obama.....

Take a look into your own hearts, and read your own words before you start superficially labeling others that you know nothing about. If you take an honest look, you probably won't like what you see. I know I don't.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version