Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2018 at 11:19pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Rasmussen is biased as a pollster... with their question wordings (of only likely voters) being fairly skewed at times to produce slanted results. I'm sure there are similar pollsters on the other sides of things too, just saying there has been scrutiny and criticism of that particular company... although they were closer to the reality on the 2016 election obviously and even then had Hillary ahead by 2.1% or somesuch (maybe that's the 3,000,000 odd more votes she got anyway).

Trump is now using his powers to punish for entirely political and personal protection on the Russian collusion issue reasons. His days are pretty much numbered now even if his judges intervene on his behalf at some point and Republicans continue to fear his professed popularity. Either that or law and order is thrown out the window in the U.S. completely. His donors are upset he used their donations to pay people like Omarosa. His Penn ave. parade idea and Space Force stuff is just childish fantasy terrain. The hype about the economy is showing up more and more as exaggeration and outright false claims. Going going gone I would think. It won't be people in the streets that get him out but holding him to a basic standard and the laws and rules everyone else has to operate under. But go ahead and pardon manafort as a vbery good person, that'll just prove how common and caring about the average working person he ever was. I want Kelly-Anne Conway gone like Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, and all those other bad pennies who kept turning up again and again should've been too. And Maxine Waters on the other side. When you get a bad egg with bad results don't let them come back; you'd have avoided Nixon that way (not a good VP), and the Dems more Clinton capers perhaps (stood by that man, not a virtue). I still don't know how Howard Dean got laughed out of existence over a phony sounding 'yeahhhh' and these other people seem to go on like energizer bunnies after having shown themselves to be rotten. American voters really need to start backing decent solid people and not some flashy celeb type with a lot of promises and supposedly inspiring words. Just get capable and actually smart people to do a job! Vision, charisma, deep values/faith and all that stuff just gets things on the fast train to stupidville.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 17 August 2018 at 11:21pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 August 2018 at 12:50pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Despite an entire lack of charisma (as I see him), Trump is trying still to create his cult of charisma - and worst, it seems to be working. Notwithstanding is own transgressions (their name is Legion, and if I had an excess of time, I could make a list... unless I exceeded the character count for any given post), he is still taking actions and making decisions that are meant to inhibit people, transgress existing laws, and misdirect the American public. 

Further, he doesn't seem to realize that:
1) He doesn't really know a lot;
2) He is usurping responsibilities of those in his cabinet and government by his actions;
3) He is demolishing the credibility of his staff when they release press statements and then he casually reverses these statements at a whim;
4) He is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. He is under constant scrutiny (as he should be) and EVERY SINGLE COMMENT, NOTION, or VERBALIZED THOUGH is treated as US policy and mandates for action. Unless he is very carefully in private, and out of view of the public eye*, what he bloviates is how the country and the world see the United States. If he says the Attorney General "should" investigate Mueller's investigation, that's an official order from any other president. If he states he couldn't see why Russia would be interfering with U.S. politics and elections, that's carved in stone; he doesn't get to walk it back.

*And we all know that 45 thrives in view of the public eye; if there's a venue to speak at, or a Twitter that he can post for all to see, he's fanatical about jumping on it. I don't pay attention, but I wonder if Trump is delivering weekly state of the country radio speeches? Sort of his "fireside chats"?

The trend towards a dictatorship is horrifying. And worst is that those who have fallen for his cult are acting and speaking on his behalf. That's why there are death threats; that's why there are citizens of this country who are terrified of their neighbors. That's why children and parents are being separated.

The real crime is that there's no counterpoint that any of his true believers will accept to show how bizarre actions are. They do not believe the mainstream media - they're calling it Fake News. They do not accept factual evidence; they want their own facts. And in their way, they are the organized voter base that will support him. The opposition to Trump MUST coordinate and vote in eighty-odd days, or the worst (hard as it seems) will be yet to come.

Edited by Eric Sofer on 18 August 2018 at 12:53pm
Back to Top profile | search

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 18 August 2018 at 11:53pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

What you don't realize, Eric, is that we're still waiting for PROOF.  If I, personally, don't have access to it then it doesn't exist.  If the Special Counsel hasn't told me, Matt Reed (common citizen), that collusion exists even though they can't because it's an ongoing investigation, that means you're all grasping at straws.  I mean seriously.  I've been waiting less than two years and even though there's enough anecdotal evidence to choke a horse, if I'm not personally privy to the entirety of the investigation before it's ready for presentation, then it simply did not happen.  

Did.  Not.  Happen.

Period.  

You're all libtard dummies.  Snowflakes.  You just want to bring down the greatest man that has ever occupied the White House short of old Abe himself, who I can't tire of reminding you was a Republican even though the parties are so different between then and now as to make the distinction all but moot.  

So keep playing in the kiddie pool while the "adults" try to get back to the business of running the government; tacitly obstructing justice by doing nothing to hold the sitting president accountable for absolutely anything he says or does, giving huge tax breaks to the .01%, and taking out loans from the very government against whom we're levying tariffs.  Oh, and making sure the House doesn't bring any legislation forward that doesn't absolutely, 100% have the approval of Trump.  Yeah!  We're making America GREAT again.

Sorta.

Kinda. 

Well...not really.  Unless you're a friend.  Or another rich guy.  Or someone from the swamp.  But, no.  Not the swamp because we're draining that, but....um...hmmmm...I'll get back to you.  Can't justify it yet, so best to deflect.  

Jabari Lamar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2018 at 12:55am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

No, One-Third of African-Americans Don't Support Trump. Not Even Close.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2018 at 8:05am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

You got it wrong, Matt. Trumpers don’t like Lincoln. Well, around here, anyway. Remember, he freed the slaves. I was in a discussion about this on Monday with coworkers (all of whom love Trump). The consensus is he’s the greatest president our nation has ever had. Better than Washington? Yes. Better than FDR? Yes. Better than Lincoln? Of course, he freed the slaves. And they were dead serious. He’s even better than Reagan. 

Edited by Brian Miller on 19 August 2018 at 8:06am

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2018 at 11:47am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Jesus Christ. Giuliani is trying soooooo hard to convince everyone that up is down, he’s gotten to the point of buffoonery. 

“Truth isn’t truth.”

Edited by Brian Miller on 19 August 2018 at 11:48am

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2018 at 3:52pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Unlike websites, books released by major publishers undergo extensive scrutiny from lawyers and fact-checkers. Here is a book every citizen of the U.S. needs to read released just days ago...

Donald Trump: Russian ‘Asset’ Since 1987 When KGB ‘Compromised’ Him On Moscow Trip, According To New Book (Putin was a KGB foreign intelligence officer for 16 years, rising to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel)

In July of 1987, 41-year-old New York real estate developer Donald Trump made a trip to Moscow, in the what was then the Soviet Union, supposedly to explore the possibility of building a new Trump-branded luxury hotel there directly across from the Kremlin itself. On that trip, the Soviet Union’s feared intelligence agency known as the KGB began developing Trump as an “asset.”

https://www.inquisitr.com/5022827/donald-trump-russian-asset -1987-kgb/

The Cold War did not end in 1991—that it merely evolved, with Trump’s apartments offering the perfect vehicle for billions of dollars to leave the collapsing Soviet Union. In House of Trump, House of Putin, Craig Unger methodically traces the deep-rooted alliance between the highest echelons of American political operatives and the biggest players in the frightening underworld of the Russian Mafia.

House Of Trump, House Of Putin - Craig Unger (Penguin/Random House)
(The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia)

Trump’s burgeoning real estate empire was fueled in the 1980s by another privileged class, Russian gangsters who appear to have used Trump properties to launder their ill-gotten gains.

“An intelligence exchange,” former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele writes, “had been running between” Trump’s team and the Kremlin, with the direct knowledge of Russian President Vladimir Putin. “Within this context Putin’s priority requirement had been for intelligence on the activities, business and otherwise, in the US of leading Russian oligarchs and their families. Trump and his associates duly had obtained and supplied the Kremlin with this information.”

And yet the story Unger weaves with those earlier accounts and his original reporting is fresh, illuminating and more alarming than the intelligence channel described in the Steele dossier.

Unger believes that Trump was compromised by Russia as early as the 1980s, when the Russian money laundering through his properties probably began.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/is-there-a-case-for-t rump-putin-collaboration-years-before-the-campaign/2018/08/1 6/00578f1e-9440-11e8-80e1-00e80e1fdf43_story.html?noredirect =on&utm_term=.1f1d348442f7

It will show that during this period the Russian Mafia has likely been a de facto state actor serving the Russian Federation in much the same way that American intelligence services serve the United States, and that many of the people connected to Trump had strong ties to the Russian FSB, the state security service that is the successor to the feared KGB. Many describing

It will show that President Trump has been a person of interest to Soviet and Russian intelligence for more than forty years and was likely the subject of one or more operations that produced kompromat (com‐ promising materials) on him regarding sexual activities.

It will show that for decades, Russian operatives, including key figures in the Russian Mafia, studiously examined the weak spots in America’s pay‐for‐play political culture—from gasoline distribution to Wall Street, from campaign finance to how the K Street lobbyists of Washington ply their trade—and, having done so, hired powerful white‐shoe lawyers, lobbyists, accountants, and real estate developers by the score, in an effort to compromise America’s electoral system, legal process, and financial institutions.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/house-trump-house-putin-russian- mafia/

The men who used Trump for their illicit purposes ensnared him. “They had ensured that he was beholden to Russia’s money, and its power,” Unger writes. “All largely unseen. With deniability.”

There is abundant evidence in Unger’s book that Trump made his business infrastructure — his condos, his developments, his very name — available to criminals and oligarchs trying to hide their ill-gotten gains, whether from tax collectors, investigators or the president of Russia. And that’s a form of collusion, too.

Unger sees the Kremlin’s intervention in the 2016 presidential election, which U.S. intelligence officials have said was ordered by Putin himself, as the latest manipulation of Trump by Russia, and the most consequential.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/576474/house-of-tru mp-house-of-putin-by-craig-unger/9781524743505/

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 19 August 2018 at 3:57pm

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2018 at 3:58pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

In the age of 'plausible' deniability it is true that truth is no longer truth.

Truth in Russian = Pravda.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 August 2018 at 9:41pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Michael Cohen, Trump’s ex-lawyer, pleaded guilty to eight violations of banking, tax and campaign finance laws.

Cohen also told a federal judge that he worked to silence two women before the 2016 election at the direction of Trump.

Paul Manafort was found guilty on eight counts of tax and bank fraud charges.

The twitter storm will be epic.

-C!

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 August 2018 at 7:24am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

The Manchurian Cantaloupe is noticeably quiet today. My guess is he will be more likely to comment on the murder of Mollie Tibbitts before comments about the guilty pleas. Personally, my thoughts go to how I should react to the various members of my family and friends who supported Rump prior to yesterday, but have buyer's remorse and then still what to do with the people I know that continue to support him. Unfortunately for the US, the damage this idiot has done to the country is going to be extensive and perhaps generational.

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 August 2018 at 8:00am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Here is a bit of light reading.

Jabari Lamar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 August 2018 at 11:11am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Yeah, I was at work on my break yesterday, when I saw the news about Cohen on the TV. I quickly went back to my desk, I checked the CNN website, it was the front page featured story, checked the MSNBC website, it was the front page featured story, and I checked the the Fox News website, where the front page featured story was that Molly Tibbits' alleged murderer is an illegal immigrant from Mexico. Because of course it was.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version