Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 August 2018 at 3:11pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

"I see no daylight between FOX, Brietbart, Pravda and RT at this point."

I forget sometimes to include CBN News... the Christian Broadcasting Network run by Pat Robertson. Trump had his support 'early and strong'. I guess someone might knowingly expose themselves to known half-truth peddlers like this, and these guys mix it in with pleas for charitable donations to spead the word of God and that always comes with a mini-lecture on Trump's new favorite word 'receprosity'. In 700 Club speak, the law of receprosity means if you send them a hundred dollars the Lord will reward you by it coming back to you 'divinely' ten fold. This is probably what Trump thinks he's saying in his fight against 'unfair' trade deals... fair to him would be the U.S. gets ten where the other gets one (also the average person gets their services, road maintenance, school budgets etc. cut by at least a tenth to enrich the billionaire golf resort class through the biggest tax cuts for them on top of what Bush Jr. rewarded them with, while Trump spending on walls, police, lock-ups and bail outs).
Back to Top profile | search | www

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 August 2018 at 5:50pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

He really needs to grow up:

I said something like that once. My excuse? I was about 5 and had LEGO astronauts to play with. 
Back to Top profile | search

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 August 2018 at 8:37pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Meanwhile, Trump proposed $3.7 billion in cuts to education, $17 billion in cuts to food stamps, and $6.6 billion in cuts to housing. *sigh*

-C!

Paul Buchanan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 8:36am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Meanwhile, Trump proposed $3.7 billion in cuts to education, $17 billion in cuts to food stamps, and $6.6 billion in cuts to housing. *sigh*

-C!

When you have unemployment at under 4%, and more job openings than unemployed, it may not be unheard of to be able to make cuts to certain safety net ,income based programs like welfare and food stamps. 

You also fail to mention that the $17B cut in food stamps was to be made up for with a new food program that he proposed. It's not taking away $17B in food. 

You conveniently leave out that the proposal also included a nearly $10B increase to HHS with additional monies going to combat opioid addiction and to programs for the working poor. 

......*sigh* is right....

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 8:40am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

At this point, I see almost everything 45 complains about, comments on, or has enthusiasm for, as merely smoke screen to cover up the fact that he is in big trouble, and is going to start using his office to fight for his career... unless he is stopped by impeachment (unlikely) or remove due to physical or mental incompetence (more likely.)

His obstruction of justice seems to be rarely touched on... everyone wants to find about the collusion. Oh, Mr. Buchanan? That evidence that you're looking for is being presented by Robert Mueller and his team. Paul Manafort is currently on trial, but everything is coming out in the aftermath... slowly, properly, and legally so that there aren't really any loopholes. "Prove it now or it didn't happen!" is not much of a way to run a prosecution... even if there is a smoking gun.

I think that Trump is desperate to misdirect the public's attention away from his violations... which makes him only a slightly better magician than president.

Paul Buchanan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 9:13am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

His obstruction of justice seems to be rarely touched on... everyone wants to find about the collusion. Oh, Mr. Buchanan? That evidence that you're looking for is being presented by Robert Mueller and his team. Paul Manafort is currently on trial, but everything is coming out in the aftermath... slowly, properly, and legally so that there aren't really any loopholes. "Prove it now or it didn't happen!" is not much of a way to run a prosecution... even if there is a smoking gun.

Ah yes, the elusive "smoking gun" we continue to wait for (and some dream for). We don't know what it is yet, and have yet to see any evidence of it, but Trump MUST be guilty. LOL. 

Manafort is on trial for a tax fraud case from well over a decade before he worked with Trump. How convenient that he should be prosecuted now. And of course Manafort, who is facing the rest of his life behind bars would obviously cover up for a man he worked for for 3 months and not take a deal to uncover this great collusion and save himself from a potential life behind bars. And why has General Flynn's sentencing been postponed numerous times? Couldn't be an issue there now could there? No, nothing to see here. Strozk, Page, McCabe, Comey and the rest of the Justice Dept. all acted heroically and without any bias didn't they. They would never have leaked anything. They never did before did they? Well, maybe just a few times....

Maybe it's best to be shown some evidence before drawing your absolute conclusions and thinking you have it all figured out. You don't have to "prove it NOW". But you have to prove something! That's how you run a prosecution.That's kind of how things work. 

Edited by Paul Buchanan on 10 August 2018 at 9:15am

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 11:57am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

So you associated "smoking gun" - which I referred to as possible (e.g., say a secret meeting between Trump and Putin, or Trump asking Putin to interfere with an election by, say, asking Russia provide some emails) is something you take as concrete, and say that I'm demanding Trump be guilty now? Heck of a leap, but you're the one who's landing.

"Maybe it's best to be shown some evidence before drawing your absolute conclusions" - well, surely. That's what Mueller's doing now. With one of several people who are involved with a number of crimes. I can't prove it because I don't have this evidence, nor the authority to find and obtain it, or I'd gladly contribute to accusations against Trump*. But Mr. Mueller does. That's how you run a prosecution.

*Or against Obama, Bushes, Clinton, Ford, etc. That the President of the United States should be involved in any of this filth is monstrous, and I wouldn't hesitate to demand that ANY POTUS step down if proved to be guilty.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 12:02pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

So I guess the Space Force will be the first branch of the Armed Services that will also officially be a Nazi Force. 

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 5:03pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

So the person occupying the White House has called a woman a dog.

Let this sink in for a moment......

No matter what your opinion of Omarosa is, the fact that tRump called her a dog is very disrespectful. 

Where is the backlash? If a lightskinned black person that was president had said this, there would have been calls by the GOP to have him dragged up-and-down Pennsylvania Avenue.

Edited by James Johnson on 14 August 2018 at 5:05pm

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 5:08pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Not to mention the WH cannot guarantee Trump never said the N-word on those tapes. 

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 5:29pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Omarosa seems to have served her purpose as a sort of Judas to fool women and black people into thinking her boss was a human being of some kind. Too late to take that back.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 14 August 2018 at 5:29pm

Jabari Lamar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 5:39pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Omarosa did not a fool a single Black person into voting for or supporting Trump. And we're not fooled by her supposed repentance now.  She thought if she was good House Negro then Massa would treat her better than the rest of us, but found out otherwise. Tough shit for her.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version