Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 19 June 2018 at 9:17am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Perennial piece of trash Ann Coulter is now promoting the theory that these children are "child actors", as if that same line of bullshit leveled at tragedies from Sandy Hook to Parkland wasn't bad enough.

"“These kids are being coached,” she said. “They’re given scripts to read by liberals. . . . Don’t fall for the actor children.”

Over a series of emails with The Post, Coulter did not provide evidence for her claim.

Link

Back to Top profile | search

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2018 at 9:57am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Poor Ann Coulter, she's going to be even more pissed off when the price of aluminum goes up for her tin foil hats because of Don's tariffs.

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2018 at 9:58am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Being serious, this past few weeks has shown how fragile things can really be when you have a group of people forcing their own hateful agenda through.

America (like the UK) is one of the last places you would think would fall to these depths, but this piece of shit and his cronies are achieving it on a daily basis.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2018 at 10:23am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Well, not to be the devil's advocate but I'll be the devil's advocate in one area... they are going to focus on the littlest most traumatized child, and show the photo or video of that over and over, magnifying it. But so what, it is a needless policy, it's miniscule in terms of deterrence (and as there has been documented proof that was their purpose they ought to be thinking the worst images would be doing their job for them then)... and there are hundreds of similar moments we won't be seeing even if there are more of teenaged boys playing video games in some air-conditioned warehouse and collected trays of processed foods that could seem like treats to them.

This is actually one of the Trump people's most thought out moves unlike a lot of off the top of the head stuff believe it or not. So much for cool calculations if it doesn't get the wall funded which all the time he was saying someone else would pay for. If it dopes he will crow about his promise being kept 'yet again', and keep blaming and attacking everyone, sowing division and stoking conflict that 'only he' can lead America out of.

Last poll said support for Trump was at 39%. Yep, that's how many have to learn the even harder way. Even a brilliant business man might not be a good president, but a shifty one there's really never been any chance. 'Yuge' promises still in astonishingly simplistic toddler tv show host language, yet had he begun enacting 'his' ideas and thrown out all of what was started under previous administrations (while still not having the necessary staffing levels and losing many he has put in for infractions) things would be over the cliff right now. Should we thank those few semi-sane folks who worked with him to put the brakes on, or just have let it get over with quicker? Saw Lindsay Graham attacking the FBI for going soft on Hillary in their email investigations, bascially undoing the bit of good he has ever done standing up to Trump. You can count on one hand the number of sitting Republicans with real backbone and interested in preserving their party. Thank goodness they didn't roll over for Bush Jr. when he wanted to directly tie people's social security in with the stock market right before it tanked.

Politicians have strings, some more some less, usually the longer they've been around the more strings. McCain the 'maverick', when he was new had few, then later he had a lot and got more and more compromised (one tea-stained one named Palin sure strangled him). Obviously Hillary the same. All you got with Trump are different strings, and some of them are leading to actual enemies of the U.S. (and I don't mean the 'librul' media who he was also in bed with for a long time). See him pose with the bible, see him hug the flag on stage, see him kiss NRA ass, see him pardon the turkey. Politician. The new boss same as the old boss, new large sized box with fewer ingredients, plus now with bonus surprises and hats! They're going fast, buy now before it's all gone?
Back to Top profile | search | www

Ed Aycock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2018 at 10:35am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Not sure this is one of those issues that needed a devil's advocate.

Edited by Ed Aycock on 19 June 2018 at 10:36am
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2018 at 10:38am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Fuck Trump and those complicit bastards in the GOP.

Make your voice heard Nov 6, 2018.

Edited by James Johnson on 19 June 2018 at 10:39am

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2018 at 10:46am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Well, I hate to see people be manipulated from outrage to outrage all the time. Hoping for people's own good they can calm down and keep a little perspective remembering there are a few extreme moments being magnified through repetition. It's not all horrific and pure evil, nor is it in any way necessary either.

It does seem too there is no consistent apparatus for reuniting families at any point and that's disturbing because as I say, this is one of their more thought out moves! :^(

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 19 June 2018 at 12:33pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Personally I think it's just fine to be morally outraged about kids being taken from their parents without suggesting that the photos are "magnifying it".  Of course they are because they are indicative of the trauma kids as young as 8 months old are going through.  Those pictures and this story needs to stay front-page news until "zero tolerance" is revoked.  If that makes people feel uncomfortable or manipulated, oh well.  Truth can often hurt.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2018 at 2:40pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

And the US is pulling out of the UN Human Rights Council. Which makes perfect sense, now. Y’know, since America doesn’t believe in basic fucking human rights anymore. Goddamn, guys. We’re tearing kids from their parents and putting them in concentration camps. What the fuck is wrong with these people that they can’t see how wrong this is?!?

Edited by Brian Miller on 19 June 2018 at 2:41pm

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2018 at 2:51pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

This is going to get worse before it gets better. 

I mean what kind of leader (apart from a dictator or a complete nutjob) would say: Immigrants will "infest our country".

A President with suspect credentials and heavily compromised values and ethics cannot be permitted to carry on unchecked. 

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2018 at 4:10pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Can not believe the response to having this action compared to Nazi concentration camps was ‘No, it’s not like that @ all. Germany was trying to prevent people from leaving the country’.

Oh. My. God.

That’s a defence that the reason is different not that the mechanism is different. That the idiot cannot see what he just said, that the comment was about the mechanism, not the reason, scares me.

This government knows no moral boundaries @ all. They just can’t see it, can’t see what they are doing. In the past, I’ve Been criticised for calling Trump a fascist & a Nazi. I’m sorry, but I think I’m right. He’s both those things.

The mini-series V used alien invaders because Kenneth Johnson could not figure out a plausible way America could become a fascist state. Kenneth, you now have that way.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 June 2018 at 4:28pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I wish PM Trudeau could sign something accepting a few thousand of these families into Canada, but sometimes there are things like setting a precedent involved that can then undo all kinds of laws.

I'm not arguing that this zero tolerance business is necessary at all and shouldn't be ended immediately. I am saying I have seen and heard the same very small number of most extreme bits a lot the last few days, so either there's a lot more nobody can document and share with us, which is certainly possible, or there is a risk of looking like manufacturing outrage such as some of the people they oppose often do.Trayvon Martin was a victim of racist profiling and targeted violence, and posthumously re-victimized in the courts, but the one semi-legitimate thing the creeps who wanted to demonize the poor guy with the skittles talking on a cel phone and ducking out of the rain got to hang their hats on and sway other with was when the media showed mostly photos of Martin when he was much younger than when he was murdered. It worked on some people that this is what they saw and felt they had been unfairly manipulated, whether you feel they should have felt that or that it could in anyway outweigh the shooting of an unarmed young man doing nothing illegal.

I'm just sick of the extremes all around, and I know there is a lot more extreme and lying on one side by far, but it isn't going to be doing anyone any favors to cut corners with the name-calling and manipulating folks into yet more reactionary outrage. You want to be the option in a direction away from that, right? I knew Trump was absolutely a racist at least a couple of years ago. His use of 'infest' is just making the obvious even more so I would've hoped.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version