Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 5:53pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I was talking about initial "talks" not what came from them, no one knows where the NK situation will end up, I thought that was obvious. Also commenting about CNN pointing out "the exact same things", but good on you for missing the point. I never implied I did not have bias, but I am open to listening and debate.

Edited by Michael Sommerville on 13 June 2018 at 5:55pm
Back to Top profile | search

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 7:24pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

(Fox News political anchor) Bret Baier: Kim Jong Un is "clearly executing people."

Trump: "He's a tough guy. Hey, when you take over a country, tough country, tough people, and you take it over from your father ... if you could do that at 27-years old, I mean, that's 1 in 10,000 that could do that."

This is insane!! Has he ever met a dictator he didn’t admire?? 

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 10:11pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

People saying there is anti-Trump bias here when compared to Obama & Iran.

I don’t recall Obama declaring Iran no longer being a nuclear threat after a 38 minute closed meeting. Nor do I recall Obama showering Iran’s leader with praise of the ilk that Trump is showing.

Trump seems incapable of empathising with human suffering. For him, leadership is key. The end result is key. The methods used, the people destroyed, literally destroyed, in the process are irrelevant.

You run a tight country? Perfect
What’s that? People are kept in line by secret police, false imprisonment, torture & murder? Well, it’s a tough regime, but look @ the results.

If you aren’t scared that this is how he thinks, I really do think you need to re-evaluate your compass.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 5:14am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I was talking about initial "talks" not what came from them, no one knows where the NK situation will end up, I thought that was obvious. Also commenting about CNN pointing out "the exact same things", but good on you for missing the point. I never implied I did not have bias, but I am open to listening and debate.

———

For me to miss the point, you have to have one. “The same people who praise Obama for talks with Iran, degrade Trump for talks with Korea” is an oversimplified take on things. The criticism directed at Trump is not for trying to gain a resolution with North Korea, but the chaotic way he has been going about it.

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 5:36am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Michael Sommerville wrote:
Welcome to the age of news organizations and politics. The same people who praise Obama for talks with Iran, degrade Trump for talks with Korea.

I have to ask - do you pay attention to the substance of reports or do you stop at "tone?" The concerns raised about Trump's talks with Korea are that he didn't seem interested in learning the playing field and the stakes before he went, he's overselling the results of the meeting ("North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat! Sleep well, America!") and him being a little too complimentary of the leadership style of a dictator. None of these apply to Obama's dealings with Iran.

To show bias, you need a situation where Obama has done the same thing as Trump in the same way but got a different reaction. Saying more negative things about a person who does more negative things isn't "bias;" it's being truthful.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 7:32am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Exactly right.  Let's take an example that is actually 1:1.  When Obama floated the idea of sitting down with dictators and working out disagreements, he was pilloried for it.  FOX News constantly berated him for wanting to negotiate with terrorists, dictators, people who will murder their own family for power.  Trump decides he wants to talk with North Korea and, I'm not making this up, one FOX News pundit wonders "if he will stop in Oslo to pick up his Nobel Prize" on his way to Singapore.  

Same topic.  Two different presidents.  Two decidedly different reactions from the same "news" organization.  Try not to get physically ill watching this video:  Link

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 7:46am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I completely agree. There is absolutely no comparison to the negotiations, global investment and rigor behind the Iran nuclear deal and the North Korean nuclear giveaway. There is nothing prejudice about the anger for shoddy and sparse negotiations with off the cuff diplomacy. Let's face it, he is once again doing the bidding of his Russian master.

The news reporting on the last two President's stances on meeting and negotiations with dictators is the "age of news organizations and politics" you are referring to, Michael.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 8:13am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I've seen that video, Matt.... it's perhaps the BEST PROOF of where one can find FAKE NEWS.

The very height of hypocrisy. It should run on repeat during the elections.

-C!

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 10:40am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Poor Trump, I guess he'll just have to start locking up those biggest enemies of the people, the very mean and so unfair free press asking the great man such rude questions all the time. Better start a Trump approved newspaper titled 'Truth' so we know it's legit, believe me, that I can tell you.

Oh yeah, comrade Vladimir is loving this. Watch the Chinese lift sanctions now based on this half paragraph of 'hard work' the two uniquely talented beloved leaders 'accomplished' in Singapore. So very historic, big league, not like anyone else could do, ungrateful people were begging for this, so another promised delivered!

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 12:46pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

So much hypocrisy out there!

A Tory politician over here was on the news recently. The newsreader shared a quote or two (I think it pertained to Syria). The Tory politician dismissed the words - and then the newsreader revealed it was from a politician within the man's OWN party! The Tory then seemed to backtrack.

Which proves, similar to what we are discussing here, that bias is a thing. As Matt's example shows.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 4:10pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Right now Trump and supporters like Issa would have you believe that because Comey while at the FBI has been found to have mishandled, to her detriment, the investigation of Hilary Clinton using a private server and what emails 'could have been' hacked because of that (but weren't) or were not in among Weiner's email files, that this fatally compromises an investigation into Trump campaign contacts and collusion with Russian agents. Also that a couple emails of FBI agents commenting somewhat dismissively on Trump coming to power is showing bias against Trump even though the much stronger case for bias was that Comey was pressured politically to investigate and reopen the closed investigation, into Clinton's emails, the ones that there is no evidence were hacked, just merely could have been... and again, two of the main emails of interest were about her setting a time for a phone call with someone which ceased to no longer be sensitive information after the calls were made.

In short that because they/Comey made mistakes that harmed Hillary Clinton, they/the FBI now without Comey are not fit to investigate Trump. That the FBI from two members carelessly expressing opinions about Trump being able to get elected means they could be biased against him like they were just exonerated from being biased against Hillary. Make sense? Is twisted logic is still logic? No, not in any meaningful way, not unless you want to concede that a stuffed toy bear is still a 'kind of' a bear. This is just desperate possibly scared people trying to confuse as much as possible and discredit the FBI for their own self-preservation. Using a bias against the Democrats and Clinton which was not found to exist to somehow 'prove' a bias against Trump. If you buy that perhaps you'd like to sign up for a great course on insider real estate tricks with many levels of buy-in depending on your finances. :^)

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 14 June 2018 at 4:11pm

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2018 at 4:33pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I'm starting to see the memes

Justice Department's Office of Inspecton General

FBI Attorney: "The crazies won finally. This is the
tea party on steroids. And the GOP is going to be
lost, they have to deal with an incumbent in 4 years.
We have to fight this again. Also Pence is stupid."

FBI EMPLOYEE: "Trump supporters are all poor to middle
class, uneducated, lazy POS that think he will
magically grant them jobs for doing nothing."

And some headlines:

Mueller attorney removed over anti-trump texts

Agents regularly received free handouts from
journalsists

FBI orders bias training

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic