stable and thoughtful moderating presence. I would have
to agree he is though.

---

Good cop - bad cop
Back to Top profile | search | www

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2018 at 1:06pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Like there is carefully planned logic to most of this kind of 'hard work'. Trump was acting like he was doing everyone a huge favor just doing his job and attending a major meeting with massive economic implications at all.

As for there being a "special place in hell" for that big mean bully Justin Trudeau; this reminds me of the kind of absurdity we saw when Condoleeza Rice said she'd "never forgive Canada" for not joining in on the pre-emptive war in Iraq with Bush Jr. and Tony Blair! Calling names at your neighbor after  is not "strong" as some said he 'had' to do this to be able to meet with Jong-Un from a position of strength. No friends of the U.S. except fascist tyrants who have bans against them lifted or simply ignored, who love to see divide and conquer happening among the now G6, and formerly stable trade agreements created after years of work tossed to the winds of Trump's beloved chaos. Anything bad Trump had nothing to do with, it is always some evil other person's fault, and anything good is happening simply by his mere existence... sounds like the Lord boss of a new religion, same as the old one. You have to have faith, unless you worked for Carrier air-conditioners when i said I'd secure your jobs, you were too lazy and greedy (unlike hard working Donald J.) and "didn't deserve those great jobs" afterall that have now gone to Mexico.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 10 June 2018 at 2:25pm

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2018 at 7:33pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Trump shot himself in the foot by thinking he could go to the meetings and throw his weight around. He was pissed off because no one would kiss up to him, no one would delay meetings because he was late AND just about every world leader called him out.

There sure is a "special place in hell"...  but it won't be Justin Trudeau that winds up there.

-C!

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2018 at 8:58pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

There was a segment on 60 Minutes tonight with someone from the Trump campaign saying they had facebook employees embedded with them to teach them every aspect of exploiting their platform. Hillary C. turned down similar approaches to 'utilize' facebook in her campaign although obviously they advertised there as well (personally I don't know, I don't use facebook either in Canada or the U.S. and never have).

So anyway, here's what I understand had a lot to do with Trump winning. They would micro target all sorts of variations of each ad they would concoct, usually from things said at rallies by either candidate. With the facebook stats they could see that someone for whom gun rights were a big issue would get a lot of the ads touching on that and not say abortion, and someone more pre-occupied with tax burden would maybe not be getting ads about illegal workers. What this had the effect of doing was making those people think Trump was really their guy as so many ads would seem as preoccupied as they themselves with whatever issue while Clinton's were a lot more widely cast and general, thus hit or miss. Also for a more left leaning facebook user they'd get the most moderate reasonable type ads, while a perhaps outright white nationalist might get the strongest more suggestive if you were inclined to read something that way type of material!

Besides that Clinton still had around three million more votes, but this is quite an advantage the Trump campaign people seized for their candidate, and combined with the unprecedented amount of fraudulent misinformation 'news' through facebook would be the sort of tie breaker really.

Some of this targeting to detailed facebook user profiles stuff is news to me anyway, that they had thousands of variations of each ad, and that some people perhaps never even saw 99% of them but just ones casting doubt somehow on Hillary's health or fitness or whatever to plain discourage the vote for her, drum up the apathy of 'they're all bad'. Knowing those staunch left/Dem people would never vote for Trump the best they might get from them was not voting at all, and if they just had an effect of 1 or 2 % being disgusted and swearing off politics and voting. Plus we do know there were ads for third part candidates aimed at those same people in case they could be nudged into voting that way away from Clinton.

Just thought I should share what I just caught up with anyway. I hope more left-leaning politicians start thinking seriously about what they can offer in the area of tax relief, as I have seen some that seem totally blind to the burdens many regular working and small business people are breaking under to find the bike lanes and the safe injection sites, like basically that stupid leader of the Ontario provincial Liberal Party who just went from many years running things to not even qualifying for official party status with less than eight seats!

Fred J Chamberlain
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 June 2018 at 5:40am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I continue to be thrown by the need to have detailed
analysis provided to us, to point out that we are
sheep..... and, despite this, people still don't wake
up.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 June 2018 at 11:48am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

It's like a Jedi mind trick.

For years the North Korean government has wanted the US to stop its military exercises with South Korean. It has described these war games as provocative.

Now, Trump says he is stopping these games. "I think it is very provocative."

The mind-trick didn't end there. He also threw in that the North Koreans are "so hard working, so industrious. I think if you look at South Korea, someday, maybe in the not-too-distant-future, it will be something like that."

Very reassuring for the South Koreans!

Trump also took the time to praise Kim Jong-Un. "He is very talented," going on to say that few people could take over "a situation like he did at 26 years of age and run it". Let us remember that Kim Jong-Un had members of his own family killed as part of running 'it'.

Established US allies, in the meantime, get less pleasant words. Trudeau is told that his words are obnoxious. The South Koreans are told they haven't been contributing enough financially to US war games in their region and, as mentioned already, that Trump sees them possibly remolded in the image of North Korea's society in the not-too-distant future.

Edited by Peter Martin on 12 June 2018 at 11:51am
Back to Top profile | search

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 June 2018 at 12:07pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

"so hard working, so industrious"
Fearing for your life will do that.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 June 2018 at 7:25pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Rips up the Paris climate accord, tosses Nafta up in the air and wants a re-do, throws out the nuclear deal with Iran that took many months of work to make verifiable and real, and flips out about their money being unfrozen after decades, wants Russia back in the G-7/8 even though it was the U.S. that headed it being ousted... but with Kim Jong-Un he can magically know within one minute he can trust him. :^O

Jong-Un's people "love him" and he's "talented" but "tough" even "inherited a bad situation", bit not as bad as Obama left poor Trump I'm sure. Trump's called the free press, now criticizing this deal "nobody else could've made," the enemy of the people, I wonder what he'll call them now? He must be won dering where his peace prize and parade are, or does he think the hockey celebrations in Washington DC are for him?

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 7:21am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

The contradictory statements by Rump just in the last year regarding Korea alone show he is an unfaithful negotiator. Expand your net to capture comments about other subjects and/or less recent times and you see he is unable to maintain any policy or stance on a subject. As bad as he is, for me the most depressing part of this black stain on American history are the sycophants and liars that perpetuate it all. The mechanisms in place to ensure a President does not run amuck are failing the country. The fallout from all of this will fall squarely onto the lap of a totally different President.

Edited by Eric Ladd on 13 June 2018 at 7:30am

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 9:00am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

There was a mini-production featured on CNN last night of clips from various Republican pundits/talking heads/manufacturers of outrage attacking Obama for the exact things they are now praising Trump for. They were supposedly 'outraged' that the foolish and depraved not-a-real-American Obama would even say he would meet with America's enemies including Jong-Un, but when Trump does that or his people are caught making deals with Russia before he's sworn in about sanctions, well, that shows what a genius and visionary their guy is.

Michael Sommerville
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 5:16pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Welcome to the age of news organizations and politics. The same people who praise Obama for talks with Iran, degrade Trump for talks with Korea. I do not know if people see their own bias anymore when it comes to politics, they just like to point out others.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 June 2018 at 5:38pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

QUOTE:
Welcome to the age of news organizations and politics. The same people who praise Obama for talks with Iran, degrade Trump for talks with Korea.

Well, yes, because the Iran talks resulted in a 159-page comprehensive document with signatories from multiple nations that came after months of negotiations, while Trump’s last minute talks resulted in the same vague promises that North Korea has made and broken before, while throwing our long-term ally South Korea under the bus. But let’s pretend they’re the same thing. 

QUOTE:
I do not know if people see their own bias anymore when it comes to politics, they just like to point out others.

Physician, heal thyself. 

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version