Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:13pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Strangely, I cannot help but feel that Giuliani joining Team Trump has the same feeling as the Good Humor man suddenly showing up with an axe and bloody goalie mask.

Now he's calling people animals. As I posted elsewhere... takes one to know one.
Back to Top profile | search

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 May 2018 at 5:42pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

From what I've seen of Kasich in interviews, he seems well-rounded and sensible.

——

Except when it comes to abortion policy
------------------------
I have to admit, a lot of the interviews I've seen with Kasich are discussing the Trump madness. The issue of abortion hasn't come up in those, so I wasn't aware of his position on the issue, till you mentioned it and I did some reading. And you're quite right.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 1:22pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Mueller seems to be zeroing in on a few key issues, including possible obstruction.... meanwhile, Giuliani, when asked by CNN anchor Chris Cuomo whether any president can obstruct justice, Giuliani replied, “He can.”

Rudy is clearly trying hard to bait Mueller into a premature charge that'll end this investigation.

-C!

Back to Top profile | search | www

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:08pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Trump signaled today that he’ll use his power to interfere with the Russia investigation, forcing justice officials to choose between him and the rule of law.

LINK

Innocent people do not act like this.

-C!

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 May 2018 at 9:13pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Yes, he demanded today that the DOJ investigate whether Obama-directed FBI agents infiltrated his campaign, a return of sorts to the Obama and Obama loyalists are spying and out to get him even though Obama actually offered to help him in the earliest days of his presidency... but you know Donald, he doesn't need any help because the job is so easy and he is a genius who knows more than generals etc. etc.

I guess maybe he's had to give up on the 'Hillary was conspiring with Russia against him' gambit. We know nobody showed up at an innocent pizza place armed and ready to deal with his 'secret' abuse ring. :^D

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 20 May 2018 at 9:17pm

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 May 2018 at 7:29pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

After watching various news shows tonight from BBC, CNN, CBC and ABC, with this latest consipracy distraction/water-muddying, it looks like under this president and the Republicans willing to feed on his delusions, the FBI is going to be guilty unless proven innocent of infiltration and spying on him for Obama/Clinton! "Strange days indeed". I think it's verging on Jim Jones at times trying to follow some of these Republicans who have hitched themselves to Trump, how they are willing to follow along all the twists and turns of off-the-top-of-his-head made-up 'facts' he's convinced these few these proud only he in his wisdom just 'knows'. Yes, still there are some who will go along with the leader, even change reality to avoid seeing how far in they've dug themselves, no matter how far from conservatism and into plain old made up for the moment to get a reaction they find themselves. "Most peculiar mama"?

Now there are reports of people in the White House "trying to calm the president"... gosh, sounds like he's your dysfunctional Dad! Amazing someone still wants to help him avoid something "for the sake of the country" when many would say for the sake of the country let's get reality hitting this dude over with, the sooner the better!

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 21 May 2018 at 8:01pm

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 12:38pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I think this article makes some interesting points about the Trump administration's policy on Iran: LINK

Michael Sommerville
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 7:58pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

We all know Trump himself "is going to be guilty unless proven innocent" of working with the Russians to steal an election. It feels like everyone follows the narrative that supports his or her political beliefs. Few on either side of a debate want to wait for facts when innuendo feeds his or her belief.

Is it possible Trump worked with Russians? The answer is possibly, that is why it is a part of the Mueller investigation. Did the FBI have informant(s) looking into Russian influence in the Trump campaign, with Obamas' knowledge? It is possible because that is part of what they investigate. Why dismiss either questions?  If there is truth or falsehoods, the only way to know is through searching for the facts. 

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 8:37pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

We all know Trump himself "is going to be guilty unless proven innocent" of working with the Russians to steal an election.

——-

This is such a fucking straw man. It’s the Right’s attempt to raise the bar by portraying the Left as believing that Putin and Trump were working hand and hand to place Trump in his office as Putin’s puppet. That’s not the issue.

The Russians were interfering with the election. This should not be under dispute anymore. The question is, was the Trump campaign aware of any of these operations, and did they enable or assist them in any way?

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 10:09pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

The way I understand things, the FBI is surveilling ("spying on") various Russians activities inside or effecting the U.S. The only reason they would be crossing paths with the Trump campaign is because it was crossing paths with certain Russians. I don't expect a president directly orders the FBI anymore than the DOJ, they may approve actions if brought to them for some specific reason if presidential approval is necessary.

CNN and the Associated Press were barred today from an EPA event featuring a speech by Trump's anti-EPA EPA head Pruitt, even after showing up well in advance (belying a feeble excuse that the event was full). The AP reporter was even physically removed from the premises. I imagine such 'news' gathering organizations as Breitbart, The National Enquirer, CBN (Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network/News), RT News (Russia Today) would have had no problem attending. News organizations with long histories of exemplary service which Trump has called 'fake news' and part of some conspiracy are of course CNN, the Associated Press, Reuters, BBC, NBC, Washington Post, New York Times, and New Yorker magazine among others.

Trump dictionary...
"A lot of people" (who are often "saying") = Bannon, Guiliani, Kushner, Hannity, Trump.

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 May 2018 at 11:11pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Baring the AP. That’s just scary
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Kleefeld
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 May 2018 at 8:49am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I had a weird dream last night, appropriate for this forum: I was living in the "Next Men" universe — and Donald Trump was Aldus Hilltop!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version