Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2018 at 1:09pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Bill - have you started calling him Fart all the time now? I have. I think it fits him so well.

It's the only pleasure I get from that idiot
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2018 at 9:02pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Trump's presidency has been a continuous love letter to the racists who support him. He wants immigration from wealthy northern hemisphere countries, not poor Third World ones. But the impact of his slur against Haiti and Africa will not be so clear cut. More immigration based on humanitarian and egalitarian considerations will mean more generally unskilled labor in the U.S. Which means more competition and lower wages for working class people, including the immigrants who have already established residency. Does this mean they will look past Trump's racism and avoid voting against him in 2020? Only time will tell, as the polls have been useless at unearthing the sentiments favorable to Trump. 

Edited by Joe Zhang on 15 January 2018 at 9:07pm

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2018 at 12:27am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

James...yes!

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2018 at 4:05am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Bill - good man!

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2018 at 5:57am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

That`s the family friendly word i use to describe him!

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2018 at 9:53am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Eric Ladd - you don't have to wait past this Friday, 1/19, for the return of "Real Time with Bill Maher." Honest to goodness, I don't know how he'll be able to fit everything in from his hiatus in just one hour. I think once a month, HBO should give him 90 minutes.

I know that Bill Maher could persuade 45 to be on his show - "I got to interview Obama, but he was only so-so. I'll bet you'd be a great interview."

The Moron-in-Chief would probably storm off after five minutes. Still, that would be enough to A) get Maher on Trump's shit list, which seems pretty good (as Stephen Colbert could probably verify), and B) watch Trump explode live on cable. I'd enjoy that!
Back to Top profile | search

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2018 at 9:57am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Among all the humour - and I confess that we have to laugh to deal with his nonsense - the question remains, does 45 do much work? Because constant tweeting and the golf games are making him look like a nine-to-fiver - and that's not what the presidency should be about.

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2018 at 10:08am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

About Bill Maher being on Trump's shit-list, I would wager he is already on it. Trump tried to sue Maher for a joke about Trump being a descendant from an orangutan. Also, the joke about Trump having tiny hands, didn't that originate with Maher?
Back to Top profile | search | www

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2018 at 12:12pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Maybe the golfing and Tweeting is reducing the amount of
damage he`s doing? Just think of the trouble he`d get
into if he `Acting Presidential` full time!

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2018 at 12:34pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen testified UNDER OATH  that she “did not hear” Trump refer to African nations as “shithole countries” ... however, she DID NOT explicitly deny that Trump said something along those lines. She kept saying "tough" language but wouldn't confirm the vulgarity. Such tools!!

Folks, these are the people supposedly running the government. They are either deaf ("I didn't hear that") or not paying attention ("I don't recall that") to whatever is occuring in these rather important meetings.

P.S.- Looking forward to Bill Maher this Friday.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2018 at 1:16pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen testified UNDER OATH  that she “did not hear” Trump refer to African nations as “shithole countries” ... however, she DID NOT explicitly deny that Trump said something along those lines.

It's an easy way to lie.

Scenario: kid steal's sisters chocolate (M&Ms). He doesn't steal his sister's Hershey bar, though.

Mother enters room and says, "You've taken chocolate belonging to your sister, haven't you?!"

Kid uses mental gymnastics. He did take the M&Ms but he didn't take the Hershey bar. Perhaps his mother means the Hershey bar (she hasn't specified). "I haven't taken it, mother." In his mind, he convinces himself the mother was asking about the Hershey bar even though his mother was no doubt referring to the M&Ms.

Instead, he uses semantics and his mother's vague, non-specific question to avoid responsibility. He should honestly say, "I don't know what specific chocolate you are asking about, but if you are referring to my sister's M&Ms, then, yes, I did take those and eat them." 

45 could have said something else, but similar. Maybe he used the British term "shite" rather than shit. It doesn't matter. If he didn't specifically use the term "shithole countries" (but used another equally horrible slur), Nielsen can get out of it via semantics and pedantry. 

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2018 at 5:32pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

There is one area where Trump is brilliant, and that is manipulating the media.  Lets say it was proved once and for all that he did call those countries shitholes.  What then?  Not impeachable.

Meanwhile, there are actual allegations of criminal wrongdoing concerning him, as well as legitimate questions about his fitness for office, and no one is talking about them.  This 'shithole countries' thing has even gotten discussion of the book out of the news.

He's the troll-in-chief, and everyone is taking the bait, every time. 

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version