Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 19 Next >>
Topic: Trump Shot…..At Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 August 2024 at 12:46am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Turns out that murdering little bastard, Rittenhouse, is supporting 45.
Back to Top profile | search

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 August 2024 at 1:45am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I think it was supposed to be theatre. There's an entire genre of Republican grift that entails insisting one will never support Trump, before dramatically embracing Trump because the Democrat threat is too, too great.

It probably would have been more effective if Rittenhouse had played it out over a couple days instead of a few hours.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 August 2024 at 1:50pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Micheal Murphy wrote:
But either way, it's your message board so I will  bow out of this conversation because there is no value in continuing this discussion.

I think that's the proper thing to do when you disagree with the host.  There's zero value in antagonizing Mr. Byrne in his own home.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2024 at 6:31pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Yesterday, Trump congratulated Putin on the recent prisoner swap. (not surprisingly)

Praising an enemy at a campaign rally is as anti-American and repulsive as it gets. People really downplay this part of his character.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2024 at 6:59pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

But MAGA sees it as ultra-patriotic.

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 August 2024 at 9:14pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Since there isn't a single election thread, stories about the ongoing Robert Kennedy freaskshow seems more at home with the Trump news.

RFK Jr says he dumped dead bear in Central Park after ditching plan to skin it in bizarre video

QUOTE:
Simmingly[sic] trying to preempt a forthcoming story from the New Yorker magazine, Kennedy, 70, bizarrely recounted in a video posted to social media how some of his buddies were drinking and thought it would be a good idea to dump the dead bear off in the park and “make it look like he got hit by a bike.”

The Kennedy scion insisted that he wasn’t drinking when he opted to put an “old bike in his car” — that someone asked him to throw away — next to the deceased animal.

Kennedy posted the video himself on Twitter.

Robert Kennedy wrote:
Looking forward to seeing how you spin this one, @NewYorker…

Whatever that means.

It's not even so much that he's crazy, as that he's so obviously crazy. Yet he'll receive at least one million votes.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 August 2024 at 12:23am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

In a post-Trump world, I am no longer surprised that substantial amounts of people are willing to vote for someone that is obviously crazy, obviously unqualified, or obviously dangerous. 

Hopefully most of the votes Kennedy gets will be from people that might otherwise have voted for Trump.  His sole appeal to Democrats (not being an octogenarian) is no longer a factor.  At this point he's sort of an alternative candidate for racists, sexists, and conspiracy lunatics who for some reason aren't thrilled with Trump.

Edited by Jason Czeskleba on 05 August 2024 at 12:26am

Steven Queen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 August 2024 at 2:33pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I love that RFK Jr proposes real, actionable, solutions to today's national problems. (national debit, housing, chronic disease, regulatory agency-capture, mega-PAC donorship, etc.)

When I listen to his in-depth speeches (and not just the MSM jabs) I feel like I am get smarter.  He knows government and history better than most, and has a keen intellect --- all the while getting label as "crazy".  Let him debate.  He'll run circles around his opponents.

No one should be made to feel ashamed to say they are thinking of voting for him.  It's long past time we break the two-party strangle-hold on politics & the elite capture of government by big money.  Claims that he cannot win are pure propaganda.  

Almost every time he gets enough signatures to be on a state ballot, he's sued by the Democratic party to take him off (who also changed the rules to lock him out of their primary).  Add to that being constantly smeared by the press & excluded from the debates, and you'd think the establishment are afraid of him --- and you'd be correct.  He would disembowel the deep-state.  A little on-line quip I read said "Trump wants to drain the swamp, but RFK Jr knows where the drain is."  Listen to him closely, and you'll realize that's on the mark.

There's no candidate you'll agree with 100%.  Pick the best one.  For me, it's Kennedy.  So far, he is not a liar.

Edited by Steven Queen on 05 August 2024 at 2:40pm

ron bailey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 August 2024 at 3:15pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Steven, watch this week's "Last Week With John Oliver". 
RFK, Jr. was the focus of the show.

Casey Sager
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 August 2024 at 3:29pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

RFK Jr is currently running at 5.5% in national polls, so saying that "claims that he cannot win are pure propoganda" is delusional, unless that claim is made in jest?

He's also a conspiracy theorist and rampantly so, I've watched full interviews with him and those did not change my mind on him at all.

His family has also come out to say they're not voting for him.

I would rather not vote at all then throw away my vote on him.

Edited by Casey Sager on 05 August 2024 at 3:40pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 August 2024 at 3:36pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

"...  So far, he is not a liar...."

He lied about a dead bear cub until he discovered the NYT was going to expose the story, and thrn finally admitted it to get in front of it.

Nah, the guy whose brain is a worm's feast is not getting my vote.

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 August 2024 at 3:44pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

RFK's bear story:

He claims another driver hit the bear cub, but was going to take it and eat it, but then decided to ditch it in Central Park and stage things so he would appear to have no connection to it, and opens up about it now to get ahead of the story being published in the NYT. Huh. Weird story, and rotten ethical behavior on full display. And he and his pals laughed to themselves about dumping a dead cub in the park. Nice guy.

Edited by Matt Hawes on 05 August 2024 at 3:46pm

<< Prev Page of 19 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version