Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2019 at 9:08am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Mac and Heather?!?

Thank you, John. Thank you very much!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Richard Palmgren
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2019 at 11:18am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

That sounds vaguely familiar -- tho it would have been an "origin" for the extreme measures of replacing* all his bones, not of his personality.

-------------------

I'm sure just having Sabretooth as a dad would be enough to give him a hair trigger.  Logan joining and hanging out with the X-men would be like an abused feral cat that's being introduced to the other house pets
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 January 2019 at 12:03pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

As Wolverine’s hair-trigger personality evolved, it came to be thought that Xavier had brought him into the team basically to control him.

Richard Palmgren
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2019 at 12:30pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

As Wolverine’s hair-trigger personality evolved, it came to be thought that Xavier had brought him into the team basically to control him.
-------------------------------------------------
"Keep your enemies closer"

And the first time i came across your version of his origin was in 1980's "Art of John Byrne" and I was always fascinated with the idea of the scientists having to hold his skin open, while the skin tried to regenerate, in order to replace his shattered bones with the solid (not coated) adamantium ones.  I could even picture the series of panels in your art style!

Brennan Voboril
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2019 at 12:54pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The portrayal Wolverine as near snapping is an excellent one, and one I like for the character - one reason why I did not understand why some people broke into a cold sweat over the depiction of him spanking Kitty. 

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 January 2019 at 1:01pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Before the whole “heals instantly” nonsense crept in, Chris had asked that I include “a few scars” whenever Logan was shirtless. The surgeons having to work against his “healing factor” as a retroactive way of explaining those scars.

(It was Shooter’s Whim of Iron that got rid of the oft-referenced adamantium skeleton. One metaphorical Monday morning he declared Wolverine must still have normal bones, since white blood corpuscles, necessary for healing and fighting disease, were produced in the marrow. I rejected this, as it was too contrary to what had been established—I’d even shown his full metal skeleton in “Days of Future Past”—but after I was gone references to Logan’s bones being “laced” with adamantium started to appear.)

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 January 2019 at 1:04pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

The portrayal Wolverine as near snapping is an excellent one, and one I like for the character - one reason why I did not understand why some people broke into a cold sweat over the depiction of him spanking Kitty.

•••

On the Internet, prudes have loud voices.

Nathan Greno
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2019 at 1:32pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

JB: Just for funzies, I have Kurt and Logan returning from their Canadian adventure in my second issue. 

(As some of you will recall, it was in the Wendigo story that Nightcrawler learned Wolverine’s real name, so I play with that a bit.)

&

JB: As to Mac and Heather—yes, they should be appearing some time around issue 8.

---

That's fantastic news!

I'm very interested to see where this goes... the last we see of Mac before you pick his story in Alpha Flight #1...

Gundars Berzins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2019 at 1:42pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

• • • • 

Instead of a spanking nowadays what's todays equivalent, Wolverine putting a claw through her mobil phone? Sheez I must be getting too old I guess.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 January 2019 at 1:51pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I'm very interested to see where this goes... the last we see of Mac before you pick his story in Alpha Flight #1...

•••

Cue to use JUSTIN Trudeau in my story...

Philippe Negrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2019 at 2:57pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Sorry to ask this JB but I can't help it. Let's say you and Marvel find an agreement tomorrow and sign all there is to sign, how long would it take for the first issue to appear ? 

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 January 2019 at 3:14pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

When I spoke to CB Cebulski in August, he suggested May—tho that’s getting tight for dealines, now.

<< Prev Page of 291 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version