Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 45 Next >>
Topic: Wikipedia (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2005 at 11:08am | IP Logged | 1  

Maybe it originated with the very first slanderous dumbass. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Frank Strysik
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2005 at 12:06pm | IP Logged | 2  

I notice the JB entry has been revised over at Wikipedia.

Back to Top profile | search

Dave Pruitt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2005 at 12:15pm | IP Logged | 3  

Well, well, I haven't had occasion to visit wikipedia very often in the past, but looking at the entry for JB, it looks like nothing more than a weblog where any Tom, Dick, or Harry can post trollish BullSh!t to their pathetic delight. I assume that it's open season for editing on this listing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Byrne

Can one simply request that they have no editing, or even no listing on Wikipedia, or do the owners of the site have absolutely no control over what happens there?

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Dave Pruitt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2005 at 12:18pm | IP Logged | 4  

Things sure happen fast at Wikipedia. Blink and you'll miss it.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Frank Strysik
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2005 at 12:19pm | IP Logged | 5  

I know! Who knows what the next JB entry will look like.

John W Leys
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2005 at 12:35pm | IP Logged | 6  

Some have said that the innacurate information is sparse.  Okay, but how do I know what is and isn't accurate information?  If I was to go looking something up there it's probably because I don't already have an encyclopedic knowledge of the subject, so I'm not going to know what is and isn't accurate.

This is exactly the problem I have with it. When you view any given article at any given time there is no way to tell how accurate the information is because somebody could have just posted false/inaccurate information and the "responsible" users may not have had a chance to fix it yet. This makes it pretty much worthless as a source of reference.

And all the cries that JB and the rest of us should just edit the pages like anyone else ring false, because thats exactly what several members have tried to do for quite some time with no results due to the fact that wikipedia is a useless free for all.

Gamaliel Snapdragon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2005 at 12:54pm | IP Logged | 7  

QUOTE:
What part of "serious problems" and "if the matter warrants it" are you having trouble with?

What part of "I am willing to help you with this problem if you just tell me what specific problem you have" are you having trouble with?

Gamaliel Snapdragon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2005 at 12:56pm | IP Logged | 8  

QUOTE:
I know that many people who use the internet like to maintain a measure of privacy, and that's fine. We just don't like talking to total cyphers. Isn't that a crazy concept?

My user name is not as fake as people here think, but if my name is a problem, I'll gladly change it if someone shows me how.

Todd Hembrough
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2005 at 12:58pm | IP Logged | 9  

So here is what is up now. I hope this is someones idea of a joke...That's it, nothing but this and a bibliography.

Todd

Controversy

A controversial writer/artist known for his use of the "N-Word" and hatred for blonde latino women, Christopher Reeves (who Byrne believes should not be considered a "hero" for the way he dealt with his crippling injuries substained in a horse riding accident) and anatomically correct robots, Byrne is imfamous for his hatred for anything not done by him. Many fans blame his widely beloved Superman reboot for starting this, as John Byrne took on a jihad in the wake of the reboot's success to "fix" all comic books and comic franchises that didn't need fixing, leaving a trail of damaged characters, who thanks to Byrne's pointless meddling, have been rendered so utterly defiled so as to prevent any further writers from using them.

List of victims of Byrne (called "Byrne Victims") include:

• Donna Troy (erased from existence and replaced with a clay statue doppleganger)
  • Vision (castrated, vivisected, mind erased)
  • Wonder Man and Wasp (turned into mean-spirited bastards who plotted to destroy Vision and Scarlet Witch's marriage)
  • Scarlet Witch (children killed by the devil who's powers were used to conceive them, driven insane, marriage dissolved)
  • Spider-Man (past perverted, wife murdered off),
  • Sandman (Marvel Comics version, revealed to have faked his turn to the side of good, which created such hatred from fans that Marvel imeadiately retconned Byrne's retcon so that Sandman was instead brainwashed into becoming evil instead of faking his reformation instead)
  • Doom Patrol (purged from existence)
  • The New Teen Titans (who had huge chunks of their history erased due to the team's past history working alongside the Doom Patrol members Robotman and Mento, and it's roster featuring former Doom Patrol member Changling)
  • The Demon (all non-Jack Kirby storied declared never of happening), Wonder Woman (killed off)
  • The second Spider-Woman Julia Carpenter (crippled)
  • Mary Jane Watson-Parker (turned into an obnoxious bitch and killed off)
  • J. Jonah Jameson (turned into an uncaring bastard, complete with huge chunks of his past erased from canon)
  • Dr. Octopus (disfigured, backstory connected to Spiderman's), Vulture (given a crappy costume)
  • The Incredible Hulk (turned into a murderer and had his backstory changed needlessly to make the Skrulls responsible for Banner becoming the Hulk).

In the world of John Byrne, only he knows what good comic books and has his own message board (Byrne Robotics) where he holds court and has a gaggle of twelve drooling fanboys syncophanticly worshipping him and buying into Byrne's hatespeach. Those who call Byrne out on his evil often are banned and any sort of non-company line discussion is promptly deleted into the void.

Byrne is currently working as artist for Action Comics, after his controversial Doom Patrol reboot failed miserably saleswise and a new Demon series, which has proven Byrne once again a fraud by featuring graphic violence, which Byrne has criticized other writers of doing in non-Byrne penned books.

Jason Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2005 at 1:01pm | IP Logged | 10  

My user name is not as fake as people here think, but if my name is a problem, I'll gladly change it if someone shows me how.

Well, you could have started by reading the rules of the board before you signed up to make your generous offers to help 'clear' JB's name. But hey, the rules only apply to the non-self-absorbed.

James C. Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2005 at 1:01pm | IP Logged | 11  

It's been removed, by JB once and by me twice.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 September 2005 at 1:01pm | IP Logged | 12  

From Wikipedia:

" He is currently working mainly for DC Comics, much to the horror of DC Comics fans who revile the way tha Byrne ruins characters left and right with senseless retcons and blatant contempt for any writer who isn't him."

This isn't very impartial. I'm a DC Comics fan and I don't feel that way.

Buy, that entry sure has changed since this time yesterday, hasn't it?

<< Prev Page of 45 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version