Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 1032 Next >>
Topic: Statues, Action Figures and Other Toys Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 April 2015 at 3:50pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Picked up wave 2 from DC Colectibles' Animated Batman line.

BTAS Robin, Joker, Man-Bat.

The Man-Bat box is frikkin' huge! Arms spread in the display and comes with an extra pair of 'relaxed' arms.
Back to Top profile | search

Jason Scott
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 May 2015 at 4:33pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Hmm..Just read on Comic Book Resources that XM Studios Premium Collectibles have been told to cancel all their future X-Men and Fantastic Four products..
(So their Sentinel X-men Diorama and any possible FF Galactus equivalents look like they'll never see the light of day now..)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/xm-studios-cancels -x-men-fantastic-four-product-line

So yeah the next time a publicist, (or for that manner any overly defensive fans who can see Marvel doing no wrong,) tries to claim that Marvel's owners and movie interests aren't making them making them marginalize the FF and X-men, then someone should really throw this back in their faces. Because at this point folks would really have to be in a serious amount of denial to not realise that this is indeed the case.

It is quite sad that corporate business interests have such a strong stranglehold on the company. I dread to think what this is going to mean for any other would be collectibles based on the characters..

John Bodin
Byrne Robotics Member
Purveyor of Rare Items

Posted: 28 May 2015 at 8:13am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Active link for the article Jason linked to above:

Link:  http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/xm-studios-cancels -x-men-fantastic-four-product-line
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jason Scott
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:09am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Thanks John. I can never seem to get those things right!

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:34am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Looking at some of the images in that article, I find myself wondering why sculptors still insist on three-dimensionalizing the lines on costumes. The embossed Phoenix emblem, for instance.

All -- or most* -- such things are meant to be smooth, as if printed onto the costumes.

Decades ago I saw a short "How They Do It" film that showed how Teddy Bears were made. These happened to have plastic, painted faces, and there was a long line of women with airbrushes sitting before 3D templates, each of which had a different color cut out. Each woman in turn would take a bear face, slip it behind the template, and spray on whichever color she was handling. In a very short amount of time, multiple colors had been layered on.

With all the technological advances since I saw that film, I wonder why something similar cannot be done with superhero costumes!

* Superman is a notable exception, since part of the mythos involves Ma Kent making the costume and sewing on the chest emblem.

Caleb M. Edmond
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2015 at 11:04am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Anyone know whats going on with BOWEN STATUES?

Anything NEW coming out?
I heard the company renewed there licenses with MARVEL a while back but hadn't heard anything since.

Any update would be appreciated.

Thom Price
Byrne Robotics Member
L’Homme Diabolique

Posted: 01 June 2015 at 12:13pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

This ended up being the single dumbest purchase I've ever made.  (And boy is that saying something!)   It's so much bigger than I imagined. Every time I walk by it, I slightly shudder at the ridiculous white elephant in the bedroom.

Worse, the spear snapped when I was unpacking it.  Super-glue didn't work.  I tried using a small piece of black masking tape, which sort of matches the bands on the spear, but it didn't hold.  Any suggestions on how to repair this?

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Gil Dowling
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 June 2015 at 1:28pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Tom that's too bad! That's a gorgeous piece and considered getting one myself when it was announced.

If I was repairing it I might try to use some plumber epoxy to mend the spear. It's a two part resin putty, one black and one white, that you mix together. For a little while you can mold it like clay but the stuff dries like steel. I've used it to repair a microwave door handle that snapped off and that's held for nine years of everyday use.

Steve Coates
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 June 2015 at 3:20pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Silly me! I select the topic, but instead of getting the most recent page I get the first page. Not all bad, because in the first posting, second photograph, is a Jack Kirby Easter Egg!

INVISO TEXT (Click or highlight to reveal):
Fantastic Four Annual 1 Page 36 September 1963

Francesco Consoli
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 June 2015 at 7:40am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Eaglemoss - Walking Dead (from the June Previews catalog)

#1 - Rick Grimes
#2 - Daryl Dixon (unpainted)

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2015 at 8:20am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

@Thom : you may have to "drill and pin" the two pieces of the spear together:

Basically, the pin supports the weight of the pieces while the superglue dries. 

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 June 2015 at 6:55pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

A while back there was word of an Yvonne Craig Batgirl figure to go with the Hot Toys (?) Batman and Robin already released. Now, I can't find any updates on the interweb.

Anybody know, as they say, wassup?

<< Prev Page of 1032 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version