Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 January 2008 at 3:18pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Dang it, no releases this week!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Richard Franck
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 2:15am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I finally purchased Venom and I am really disapointed with the size of the character. When you put him next to the Spiderman Special Edition, you can see that Spidey's legs are wayyyy bigger than Venom's... It's a pity, Venom deserved to be as big as Juggernaut or the Hulk.

Anyway, another proof that the magazine is pure crap : I recently noticed that Hank "the beast" Mc Coy was gratified with a level 3 Intelligence ! Hey, the guy created a device to prevent the dark Phoenix to use her powers ! He also "helped" to create an anti mutant gene formula in the X Factor serie. Come on Eaglemoss, I would not have put Hank in the same league as Reed Richards or Henry Pym or Tony Stark, but I think Hank is clever than Spiderman : remember that episode when Spidey asked Hank about the risks of having a baby with MJ due to his radioactive origins ?

I don't know why I keep the magazines ... this is pure crap ... 

Back to Top profile | search

Thanos Kollias
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 2:51am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Sometimes the middle page posters are OK. Other than that, they belong to the trash can...
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Richard Franck
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 5:58am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Okay, I know the DC figurines collection is not yet released, but according to the french website on this subject, Doomsday and Darkseid will be the first "Big Ones" specials. Steve Reaper, do you know anything about it ?

Has anyone ever seen the Wonderwoman figurine ?

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 6:09am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

…Doomsday…

••

If there was EVER a character best forgotten…!!

Steve Reaper
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 7:40am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Alan Cowsill, at Eaglemoss, said that Doomsday and Darkseid are in there as specials in response to the regular Question and Answer sessions we have.

quote: "Dc's going full steam ahead. So much so that I'm now working on that full time and Richard's taken over the Marvel mag (actually he took it over months ago and I've just been claiming the credit and making him the odd cup of tea and letting him beat me at fantasy football). We've got a very strong line up and two great specials already under way. Thanks for the results too. They really do help.

Oh yeah, the first specials are Darkseid and Doomsday. Probably." unquote

Also the Wonder Woman figure is viewable (just) on the main Eaglemoss DC website, other figs are on my site in the DC section.

Hope that helps.

regds

TGR

Edited by Steve Reaper on 15 January 2008 at 7:45am

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 9:45am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

All the world is waiting for her!!!  

Didier Yvon Paul Fayolle
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2008 at 10:52pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I am with you on this one Marc!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Simon Anderson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 3:38am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Steve - any word yet on when the DC collection will start coming out in the UK? I initially subscribed and then received a letter saying that it wasn't happening.

Steve Reaper
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 January 2008 at 4:17am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Hi Simon, there are a couple of recent announcements up on my website.  However in summary:

-DC UK release is likely to be early March 2008 (a recent trade magazine has it down as the 12th but there is a slim possibility (based on info I have direct from Eaglemoss) that it will be a few days prior to that.

-If anyone subscribed during the trial period then their subscriptions will hold and they need do nothing further in order to receive the figs. Suggest a call to EM to confirm tho just to avoid disappointment.

-The above mentioned trade mag also indicates an initial run of 80 mags @ £6.99 but it does muddy the integrity of the statements (trade mag's that is) as they mention it being a weekly publication !

As someone mentioned on my forum it is a real shame that Eaglemoss seem to be treating this release, in particular information to potential customers, as if it were the Manhattan Project.  Why they cannot put speculation to rest by making clear, unambiguous and honest statements/letters beggars belief.  There are a couple of really decent people working there (Alan Cowsill and Emma Thackara) that bend over backwards to help us only to see their efforts scuppered by some "numpties" issuing vague cancellation letters and the like.

rgds

TGR

edited to correct my speeling mistooks

-

Edited by Steve Reaper on 16 January 2008 at 4:21am

John Bodin
Byrne Robotics Member
Purveyor of Rare Items

Posted: 17 January 2008 at 11:29am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Steve Gumm wrote:
I almost had to pick up that figure that is supposed to be Ironman. Heck, I have just about all the Avengers, I really had to fight with myself not to get it! That's not Ironman to me, but there is that pull to complete the group. I'm holding firm;

"NO RED AND GOLD ROBOT! NO RED AND GOLD ROBOT!"

I'm with you on that -- I really like the look and size of these Eaglemoss Marvel Figurines, but I've not been able to find any locally, and I've been hesitant to start ordering any yet.  Ultimately, I think it would be cool to put together the "classic" Avengers line-up from my youth, but the lack of a "proper" red-and-gold Iron Man has brought me up short.

I did, however, just order my first figure from an eBay auction -- after checking out all of the available figures, I ordered one of the previous releases that looks like it will serve as a good basis for a classic red-and-gold Iron Man conversion/custom.  That means that my first Eaglemoss Marvel Figurine will a one-of-a-kind custom of my own making -- which sounds like fun to me!

:-)

Now the NEXT question will be what color scheme do I use -- do I go with an actual gold color to go with the red, or do I go for more of a print-type look and go with yellow in place of the gold?

Decisions, decisions . . .

Thankfully, it'll be a while before I have to decide -- I figure on a week for shipping, then I'll have to take care of the requried dremelling and sculpting in order to create the classic red-and-gold armor look . . . after all that is done, THEN I can figure out the colors.

I'll post pics once I get some of the required sculpting done on the "donor" figure.

Steve Gumm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 January 2008 at 6:25pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

John,

I vote for gold.

On a side note... I caved... I now have the red and gold robot! My addiction has no boundaries!!

<< Prev Page of 376 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version