Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic
Byrne Robotics > Fan Fic << Prev Page of 53 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.21--Comments Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 22 April 2021 at 5:51am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I am anxiously waiting for all these threads to be woven together into a beautiful horrible tapestry of impending doom.

••

As I found myself tumbling toward the end of this story arc, I realized the wrap-up I had in mind might read to some as a bit of a deus ex machina, but the parts have been in place all along, so I decided to damn the torpedoes and just go with it.

You'll all be there, soon. We'll find out then what the general consensus will be!

Back to Top profile | search

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2021 at 6:05am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Love the countdown to the next page in prep for the separation of two entities. Something tells me Kitty and Astra won’t be just as they were prior to joining, but time will tell!

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2021 at 6:15am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Even Lee-Kirby resorted to "deus" here and there, so that's precedent in good company!

Michael Arndt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2021 at 6:16am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

JB, 
Do you still use the same working schedule for writing/drawing  ELSEWHEN that you have done throughout your career?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2021 at 6:19am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

JB: One of the things that intrigues me about Wolverine is that his mutant healing doesn’t come with a painkiller. He feels everything that happens to him.

Though it wasn't a great depiction of the characters, 2000's X-MEN did have a nice moment between Logan and Rogue where she asks if he feels the claws punch through his skin... and he says quietly, "Every time."

Steve Gumm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2021 at 6:24am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

What's awesome about this Elsewhen series is when you drew the last issue, it'll be the final word for many of the fans of your Uncanny, Hidden Years and now Elsewhen runs. You, in the minds of many of us, will set these characters in their final position for years to come. 

Pretty cool how you got these guys running around in our imaginations again!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 22 April 2021 at 6:41am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Though it wasn't a great depiction of the characters, 2000's X-MEN did have a nice moment between Logan and Rogue where she asks if he feels the claws punch through his skin... and he says quietly, "Every time."

•••

One of my smaller contributions to character, albeit thru interviews, back in the day, not in the actual books.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 22 April 2021 at 6:43am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Do you still use the same working schedule for writing/drawing ELSEWHEN that you have done throughout your

•••

Mostly. Altho I tend to work only half days, now, I do try to start around 8.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 22 April 2021 at 6:56am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

What's awesome about this Elsewhen series is when you drew the last issue, it'll be the final word for many of the fans of your Uncanny, Hidden Years and now Elsewhen runs. You, in the minds of many of us, will set these characters in their final position for years to come.

•••

Sadly, even tho ELSEWHEN isn’t “real” experience has taught there are plenty of folk at Marvel who would take any opportunity to use the published books to undercut my work here.

And that’s without even factoring in the anal retentive fanboys who seem unable or unwilling to accept this series for what it is.

Dean Munday
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2021 at 7:17am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Re: today's page - woah! way to craft a cliff-hanger! Am just relieved it didn't pause here on a Friday! ;-) Excited (and a tad nervous) to see where this goes!

Edited by Dean Munday on 22 April 2021 at 7:17am

Jonathan Kaye
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2021 at 8:03am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

As I found myself tumbling toward the end of this story arc, I realized the wrap-up I had in mind might read to some as a bit of a deus ex machina, but the parts have been in place all along, so I decided to damn the torpedoes and just go with it.

You'll all be there, soon. We'll find out then what the general consensus will be!

JB, it's safe to say that your real fans will be on board for whatever you have in store.  (We know that deus ex machina doesn't mean alts fleeing from a mechanical eraser wielded by the Hand of Byrne!)

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2021 at 8:09am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

All I can say is that, if Kitty pops out tomorrow with ninja skills, a claw, whiskers, and a penchant for beer and stogies, I... I'll... okay, I don't know WHAT I'll do!

<< Prev Page of 53 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version