The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 376 Next >>
Topic: Marvel Figurine Collection Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 17 October 2007 at 1:38pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Adam Hutchinson wrote:
How do you order these things in the US?  Do I just ask my LCS to special order them for me?

Several ways.  Yes, your LCS should be able to order them for you.  If you don't want to wait, however, you can also order them on-line from Midtown Comics.  The only problem I've personally had with Midtown is that a couple of my figurines have come with a hand detached.  Don't know why this is, but the way they're put together, the hands are attached on a post coming out of the arm (discovered that when my first figurine came shipped to me with its hand at the bottom of its packaging!).  It was easy enough to super glue on.  Nobody can tell that it was ever detached, so it hasn't been that big a problem or big enough that I've felt the need to return them.

Back to Top profile | search

Adam Hutchinson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2007 at 1:51pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Thanks Matt.  I've got an anniversary coming up, and maybe I can convince my wife get some of these.

Thomas Moudry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 October 2007 at 5:13pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I definitely want that Spider-Woman figurine.

Anthony Wallis
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 October 2007 at 4:01am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Hello everyone!

My first post on this excellent forum! I've been a fan of Mr Byrne's work ever since I was bought me FF #256! My 9 year old eyes had only seen the black and white British reprints of 70's marvels prior to this, needless to say, I was blown away. My next book was Alpha Flight #9!! Anyway, enough of the introductions, back to the subject at hand....  

I've been reading through the various correspondence on the Marvel Figurine Collection. Hope I don't go over old ground. 

I've been collecting these since they came out in 2005. So many of them are great, but I have gripes about quite a few, here's a couple:

Iron Man - the best thing about these figures is that most are in scale but how come Iron Man is so puny? They must have a scale Anthony Daniels in there! :-)) Hope the Classic armoured version is bigger, I wanna stand him next to Cap and Thor!!

Kitty Pryde - why is she so big? She towers over Wolverine! And mine has a bit of a manish face. I wanted the John Byrne or Alan Davis version. Agh! (love the fact that Lockheed is there though!)

Punisher - was the face of anyone elses Punishers painted really badly? Mine was, I worked on him and he now looks like James Spader!

Someone asked way back how big Galactus would be in scale with these figurines. I stand Reed, Sue, Ben, Johnny and Norrin around Bowen's Galactus! We know that Galactus can be different sizes, but I think this is the right size for him when he made Norrin a Herald, SS was crouched in his hand afterall. I'll send a pick if I can find my camera amongst all the boxes (just moved house!)

JB: loved the Kirby Hulk you commissioned! I'm going to attempt a Sasquatch! 

And finally... Wow! They're doing DC figurines now! Time to arrange the Avengers (minus Iron Man!) opposite the JLA!!

Regards

Ant

Back to Top profile | search | www

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 October 2007 at 1:22pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Dormammu looks like me might need a little tweaking.

I didn't recognise him at first

John Webb
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 October 2007 at 2:21pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Dormammu looks a bit small. I hope to god he is not actually smaller than the slightly oversized Dr Strange. That will look very odd on my shelf.

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 3:01pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

just got the latest delivery - Galactus is in the next batch - 1 month to go and only £17!!!

Thia will be good.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 3:04pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

If they're holding to a monthly schedule, Midtown should be sending out the next batch -- which I think will include Black Cat, Bullseye and possibly Hawkeye -- next week.

Currently their site lists these as "back ordered", which is moderately troubling. I need my fix!!!

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 3:28pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Damn you, Byrne!  You've gone and made me look at the Midtown site for the second time this week and now I've ordered five more figurines!!!  I saw both Black Cat and Hawkeye were available, so I snatched those up, and then happened to see that the Spider-Man Black Costume Special is also now available. It's $29.00, but it looks sweet and since I still haven't been able to get my hands on the classic Spider-Man figurine... 

I also broke down and ordered Mystique and White Queen.

Damn you, Byrne!!!  Damn you all to hell!!!!!

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 3:44pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

John Byrne wrote:
Currently their site lists these as "back ordered", which is moderately troubling.

Just double checked.  Both Black Cat and Hawkeye, as well as the Spider-Man Black Costume Special above, are listed as being released on Oct. 24, next Wednesday.  So both you and I should have packages shipped to us that day.  For me, they'll probably arrive 'round about Nov. 1.

Michael Hogan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 3:52pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

JB:   I need my fix!!!

Now you know how we feel, big guy.

Ryan Maxwell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2007 at 3:59pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Hawkeye and Vision are two of the four figures (Scarlet Witch and Yellowjacket/Wasp) that clinched my getting into this line, so I'm really excited to see them available.  I'll probably have to hit eBay for Cap at some point, I doubt Midtown will get him back in.

<< Prev Page of 376 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version