Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 76 Next >>
Topic: Title Change: Spider-Man Thread (Now with New Costume) (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 January 2006 at 12:30pm | IP Logged | 1  

The new Iron Man issues are a six part series right? (the one that's taking a year and a half to come out and consists mainly of Tony talking on a cell phone, right?)

Let's just stick in the "Did not happen to the "real" Iron Man bin. The real Iron Man is the one actually featured in Tales of Suspense #39 to whatever it was before this interuption. (skipping the Teen Tony issues)

That's the real Tony Stark and we are just waiting for his book to start up again. Warren Ellis isn't writing the real Iron Man, just a what if/elseworlds/whattheheck version. That's the way I'm looking at it and I invite you to see it the same way.

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 January 2006 at 12:58pm | IP Logged | 2  

Billionaire tycoon Manfred "Manny" Mandarino, the founder of the Mandar Industries conglomerate, made another unsuccessful hostile takeover bid for Stark International this morning...

Travolta could play him with a  Jersey mob twang.  He could say "Fuhgeddaboudit"  a lot. It would be classy.

Y'know..anything to smooth over the fact that the Mandarin is a Chinese Villain. Granted he's actually supposedly working for extradimensional reptitles that probably founded the legends of chinese dragons but still...

Edited by Emery Calame on 07 January 2006 at 1:01pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Andrew W. Farago
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 January 2006 at 1:26pm | IP Logged | 3  

Edited by Andrew W. Farago on 07 January 2006 at 1:27pm

Andrew W. Farago
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 January 2006 at 1:26pm | IP Logged | 4  

Instead of the briefcase, I think Tony should store his
costume in a magic ring.

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 January 2006 at 1:35pm | IP Logged | 5  

Flashy!

Brett Payne
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 January 2006 at 3:13pm | IP Logged | 6  

I thought Tony Stark was on the observation deck, level 3, when the cosmic storm hit Reed Richards, Susan Storm, Johnny Storm, Ben Grimm and Victor Von Donglely Dongle Doomage? Now he, like Victor can transform his skin into armor and shoot electricity out of his sphincter. Iron Man is a good name with years of history behind it, but and I am sure Marvel will not hesitate to change the characters name to something more modern. Like Magnesium Man, after all Magnesium is a cooler sounding name than Iron....right?

At least they have cast Chris Tucker as Tony Stark/Magnesium Man, Randy Rhodes is being played by Keanu Reeves, Kiera Knightley is Nikki Fury, and The Szechuan(Mandarin is a little outdated) is being played by the late Marlon Brando via CGI. This is cool "casting role reversal",  just for the sake of making a major change to the characters. Tony runs a burger chain called Starkies that is in direct competition with "The Szechauan's" Chinese restaurant chain. Special effects shots are being done by me on my home computer!!! :) Yippeee!  I was the lowest bidder on the job and can ensure that Marvel's high standards are upkept( I have a  P4 2.7G processor here people!!) It will be a musical comedy ( Elton John is writing the songs) and directed by a no name hack that doesn't know what he is doing. The release date is scheduled for late January/early February 2008 when nobody will be around to see it in the theatres.This is following in the Marvel tradition (Punisher, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Swamp Thing) of treating your major intelectual property with the respect and "gravitas" they deserve. Good job everybody!  
Back to Top profile | search

Jeff Gillmer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 January 2006 at 9:50pm | IP Logged | 7  

Swamp Thing????

I'm hoping you meant Man-Thing.  Swamp Thing is the bad movies about the DC character.  Although as a young man Adrianne Barbeau bathing naked in the swamp made the movie worthwhile.

Roger A Ott II
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 January 2006 at 11:18pm | IP Logged | 8  

I think I'm going to go cry now...

Iron Man, Iron Man, where for art thou, Iron Man?

Back to Top profile | search | www

Rob Hewitt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 January 2006 at 11:20pm | IP Logged | 9  

I can;t imahine this Ellis Iron man stuff will catch on.  It seems to me as dead on arrival as some other changes that have been ignored over the years (like the Punisher being a supernatural warrior or, apparently, Spider-man communicating with insects in some way).

Steve Horton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 January 2006 at 11:29pm | IP Logged | 10  

Marvel needs to turn its comics over to some crappy creative teams for a year so it can wipe away the old, stupid continuity and start fresh. It worked pretty good the last time the company tried it!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Victor Rodgers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 January 2006 at 12:08am | IP Logged | 11  

Hey Walt Simonson kicked major ass on Heroes Reborn Avengers.

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 January 2006 at 12:15am | IP Logged | 12  

Well I just read about Quantum dots. Basically you use tiny super conducting machines that can be placed in an array and by varrying their electron states can simulate the physical properties many different types of matter. Thus QD armor could become hard or soft, dense and impenetrable or diffuse and porous, electrically conductive or insulating, it could become shiny, stransparent or opaque, etc. etc.

That should add a nice technological jargon layer between the current "secretion" and presumably upcoming broadcast energy hard-light stage.

http://www.llnl.gov/str/Lee.html

Edited by Emery Calame on 08 January 2006 at 12:18am

<< Prev Page of 76 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version