Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic
Byrne Robotics > Fan Fic << Prev Page of 13 Next >>
Topic: Studio 108 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 June 2005 at 7:03pm | IP Logged | 1  

Darren  If i may offer another suggestion. How about Avatar for a name

Mac. I saw some of your work on Digital web you got some nice piece's posted there  Afew that you didn't post here yet .

Edited by Anthony J Lombardi on 05 June 2005 at 8:44pm
Back to Top profile | search

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2005 at 5:04am | IP Logged | 2  

Anthony J Lombardi wrote:

Darren  If i may offer another suggestion. How about Avatar for a name

Mac. I saw some of your work on Digital web you got some nice piece's posted there  Afew that you didn't post here yet .

Another good suggestion but not quite what I was looking for either:-( Sounds like I'm being difficult guys but not intentionally so. It's a case of, "I'll know it when I hear it!" and nothing more;-)

I had fun doing that page, onto the second one...

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2005 at 6:41am | IP Logged | 3  

I know how you feel Darren...It's like it's right on the edge of your mind but you quite haven't heard the name yet.

Thanks for the compliment on my latest piece. I ended up being a little disappointed with The Son of Satan  I didn't get him exactly how i wanted him to look. I was trying to make the different characters look like the artist who had done them at the time. Dracula and Werewolf by Night were easy to do because i was so familar with the artist but i don't recall who drew S.O.S Ghost Rider well that is more me  :)

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2005 at 7:52am | IP Logged | 4  

I guess I should really spend some time to settle this missing name...too busy drawing;-) But let me have a go.

Stephen Rockwood
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2005 at 7:56am | IP Logged | 5  

Hey Darren, I inked your page (I inked the planet before reading the note at the bottom) for practice.  Good fun.

Edited by Stephen Rockwood on 06 June 2005 at 7:57am
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2005 at 8:15am | IP Logged | 6  

Stephen Rockwood wrote:
Hey Darren, I inked your page (I inked the planet before reading the note at the bottom) for practice.  Good fun.

Excellent! I'm glad you had fun. I always feel proudest of inks I've had a ball doing. I'm almost left feeling guilty, after having so much fun;-)

LOL...yeah the colour notes were kinda hidden at the foot of the page;-)

Great inks dude.

Stephen Rockwood
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2005 at 10:54am | IP Logged | 7  

I find it is a lot easier to ink someone else's art than my own.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2005 at 11:44am | IP Logged | 8  

I don't doubt you'll come up with .A name that fantastically suit your guy

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2005 at 1:15pm | IP Logged | 9  

Darren I have a comment about the page you just did. Something to be mindful of when you're working. But i'll not offer it uninvited So good sir if you would like my opinion. :) I'll offer it if not i'll just sit quietly smiling and enjoying your great work

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2005 at 1:56pm | IP Logged | 10  

Darren I have a comment about the page you just did. Something to be mindful of when you're working. But i'll not offer it uninvited So good sir if you would like my opinion. :) I'll offer it if not i'll just sit quietly smiling and enjoying your great work

Anyone can offer advice on my artwork, storytelling writing or whatever. Please do. But do not be offended if I choose not to listen to the advice. As we are all artists I'm sure we can concede that the best way to take on someones advice is to naturally begin to do whatever the advice is yourself through your natural evolution and come to the realisation retrospectively that "You know that guy was right!"

I've been given a whole host of advice and I'm sure I've forgotten and disgarded waaaay more than I've chosen to impliment. But I do so not because I don't think the advice was good, simply because it wasn't a comfortable fit for me, there and then.

So never be frightened to offer me any form of critique, I have a strong chin;-)

Thanks-you in advance for taking the time to help me.

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2005 at 2:03pm | IP Logged | 11  

:) the only thing i wanted to comment about is in the bottom panel. superguy next to the satillite. I was looking at it and i thought it was drawn well and comparelativly speaking his size ratio to the satillite looks good. The only thing is i wanted to say is be mindful of the size of the figure of the guy. At the size the drawing is now he is fine. But if you were going to shrink the drawing down to the formatted size of a comic the figure would get so small it gets a bit difficult seeing him. That's it besize that which there isn't anything worng with the work is great.

Oh i don't know how many knocks you have taken on the chin in the past ...So if you look like a prize fighter who's to tell but right now anyway from where i'm sitting you've the grace of an acrobat

Edited by Anthony J Lombardi on 06 June 2005 at 2:06pm

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 June 2005 at 2:39pm | IP Logged | 12  

:) the only thing i wanted to comment about is in the bottom panel. superguy next to the satillite. I was looking at it and i thought it was drawn well and comparelativly speaking his size ratio to the satillite looks good. The only thing is i wanted to say is be mindful of the size of the figure of the guy. At the size the drawing is now he is fine. But if you were going to shrink the drawing down to the formatted size of a comic the figure would get so small it gets a bit difficult seeing him. That's it besize that which there isn't anything worng with the work is great.

"Reduction". It's something I'm aware of and use to my advantage, from time to time whilst inking. During penciling though I tend to put down the information and leave the decision making to the inker. I've "perfected" (cough) a nice thin ink line that "reduces" well to a nice "grey". But some inkers inking the same lines have just the tiniest little extra "weight" and this turns the image to so much Mush.

I feel that the end image is for the inker to make print ready and that would include "reduction".

That all said, I don't think about it everytime my pencil touches paper. So there is every chance I'll let things go by me, which a professionaly probably wouldn't;-)

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try and be -more- vigilant. Here's a link to show you the end screen size I'll be using. Set you screen resolution to 1024 x 768 prior to viewing.

http://roadki11.com/page1size.jpg

This -should show with no need to scroll up or down, left or right. And that's the reason all my pages will appear to the horizontal dimensions. So that it si "fit" for internet display.

<< Prev Page of 13 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version