Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 17 Next >>
Topic: Trump Guilty Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2024 at 2:22pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

QUOTE:
I think that humility, such as it was a construct of his “folksy” outward appearance, contributed to his ability to do so much harm.

No doubt. A general rule would be to beware of any "folksy" politician; and of a President of the United States to the nth degree.

Edited by Michael Penn on 05 July 2024 at 2:23pm
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 05 July 2024 at 3:21pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Yeah! Steer clear of that Lincoln guy!!

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2024 at 3:31pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Remove the quotes for Lincoln...!

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2024 at 4:35pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Notice that there has been no repetition of Sept 11. That event was only possible because no one was prepared for it. Now we know what to watch for. 

Jan 6 was equally unanticipated. It’s highly unlikely that such a cowardly mob could strike again, knowing this time there would be strong resistance.

Kind of the same mentality I have for this year's election.

-C!

Back to Top profile | search | www

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 July 2024 at 5:44pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Corporate Media is doing America a HUGE disservice.

That's why convicted felon Trump has stayed quiet all week.

Because some disloyal, backstabbing Democrats are doing Trump's work for him and doing it better than he does.

Trump's lies and terrible statements during the debate essentially didn't get much air time. Project 2025 has had minimal air time too.

Biden sounding hoarse and stumbling over some answers while actually answering the debate questions receives an entire week of media attention nonstop.

Maybe the media and those who believe them need to take a cognitive test before this November.

-C!

Casey Sager
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 July 2024 at 9:56pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Maybe you didn't see the same debate I did, but Biden's performance was BAD and no amount of spin is going to change that.

I get that people are supposed to vote for policy, but please don't try to gaslight me about how it doesn't matter if Biden is apparently cream of wheat but has such a great cabinet.

And some news outlets ( not right wing ) have been calling for Biden to drop out for months while the mainstream media has been generally carrying his water.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 July 2024 at 11:11pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Maybe you didn't see the same debate I did... but Trump lied about everything and wants to crush anything that stands in his way and become a dictator..make all those criminal charges go away. Please don't try to gaslight me about how THAT doesn't matter.

Biden and his administration are more than capable of keeping things running (and prosperous) in this country,

Some news outlets (not right wing) are run by Trump supporters who want the tax breaks he'll offer.... and want to boost their ratings.

-C!

Casey Sager
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 July 2024 at 11:23pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Of course Trump lied about almost everything and it doesn't matter one iota to his supporters.

Next you're going to tell me the polling and low approval rating before the debate are rigged as well.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 July 2024 at 9:50pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

People were OBSESSED with the Epstein story because they thought it would be damaging to the Clintons.

Now that it has shown to be the USUAL SUSPECT (His name appears on the client booking list 65+ times.), silence?

No one is asking this clown to drop out of the race due to his sexual assault and multiple felony convictions.

Speaking of Epstein, the Katie Johnson allegation was known before the election in 2016. Lisa Bloom, who was representing  accuser at the time named Jane Doe, canceled a press conference moments before it was slated to begin, citing threats to the plaintiff.  LINK

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 09 July 2024 at 10:03pm

Casey Sager
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 July 2024 at 2:15pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

As I said before, we're a long way from the days of Gary Hart.

Trump supporters not only don't care about all the negative stuff, a lot of them LOVE it.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 July 2024 at 6:08pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

The convicted felon told everyone last night that he’s good with an attack on NATO, which we are a member of, and everyone is talking about fucking George Clooney.

The idiot's former National Security Advisor John Bolton: “I was there when he almost withdrew, and he’s not negotiating. His goal here is not to strengthen NATO, it’s to lay the groundwork to get out.”

WTF?

-C!

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 11 July 2024 at 4:29pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Trump supporters not only don't care about all the negative stuff, a lot of them LOVE it.

•••

Again, it all comes back to Trump’s most successful grift: convincing a lot of gullible Americans that he is One of Them. That the federal government is their enemy, and he is their champion.

<< Prev Page of 17 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version