Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 17 Next >>
Topic: Charlottesville Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 August 2017 at 11:04pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Rumblings are that Breitbart and Bannon are gonna declare all-out war on Trump now. 
Back to Top profile | search

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 August 2017 at 11:16pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Eric Sofer wrote:
...I agree with the sentiment and the democratic process. But part of me keeps saying that that process means the the voters include those who don't read - I mean ANYTHING..

This is an argument I have heard before. Whenever I hear this, frankly elitist, excuse for not abandoning the Electoral College, I cry bullhockey! The last twenty years the "dumb" Americans won the popular vote, but lost the election because of the EC... How'd that turn out?

Edited to add: Let's also be serious... The true imbeciles out there, those that don't read, etc., can't be bothered to vote, anyway. Nah, I think we should trust the greater American public. Had we done so this last election, the guy in charge now would not have been in our nation's highest office.

Edited by Matt Hawes on 18 August 2017 at 11:27pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2017 at 2:37pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Matt Hawes, I added a topic for consideration - not a defense for an elitist stand against giving the one man - one vote its fullest due.

My opinion is that the electoral college has passed its due date and there is no question that another system is required. In a true democracy, that's as Mr. Byrne noted - One Man, One Vote. 

I infer that you disagree with my comment and YOU feel that every person is sufficiently educated and aware of political events to be a reasonable voter. I hope you're aware that a significant percentage of them voted for Donald Trump.

I also noted that we might try to help people be smarter about political issues. I would further infer that you think that's not necessary, and that the "dumb" Americans are well prepared to vote.

My political agenda is inconsiderable, and my preference is that people would be more aware of the issues before them, and make smarter choices. Doesn't matter if they agree with me or not - but not, as has happened as an example) that voters support a candidate solely because he has a familiar name.

Is this what you mean by elitist? Or have I misinterpreted you? I'd prefer to comprehend your intents...

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 August 2017 at 3:07pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Rumblings are that Breitbart and Bannon are gonna declare all-out war on Trump now.

•••

Or the exact opposite, apparently.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2017 at 7:43pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Apparently 

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2017 at 8:35pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Just fuck off, 45:

I am not saying I believe everything that the media reports, but so many are talking about him being on Twitter, watching TV, playing golf, showing no interest in the minutiae of the position, etc.

So why doesn't the big baby just resign, go back to his businesses and do EVERYONE a favour? 

EDIT: For a man who boasts about his intellect, he can't even spell:

Edited by Robbie Parry on 19 August 2017 at 8:39pm

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2017 at 8:40pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

So, if anyone had any further doubts, here's more proof that President Scumball for the Ages will never, ever get it:

I especially love some of the more pointed Twitter responses.

My own gut feeling is that he will indeed resign by the end of the year... it seems like a small thing, but he has already decided to pull out of the Kennedy Center Honors that were to be held in December.

It'll be interesting to see how many other Presidential appearances he starts to cancel.  Of course, he'll still show up for those "Donny Is Great" love-fests/rallies of his, I'm sure.

Edited by Shaun Barry on 19 August 2017 at 8:42pm

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2017 at 8:42pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Shaun, I could Google it, but doesn't every president get a library? Hasn't every one so far received one?

Because other than fairy tales and "How I Fell In Love With My Reflection", I'm not sure what books his library could hold.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 August 2017 at 9:37pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

The Nazis were among the most evil people in history. They started a World War that killed millions (even among their own kind) and while they were doing that they industrialized the murder of more millions. They were one of the greatest threats to civilization the World has ever seen, and their actions left a stain that can never fully be washed away. It is impossible to express properly how corrupt and degenerate they were.

The hoodlums in Charlottesville, along with the other thugs around the country (and the World) are not Nazis. To call them such is like calling a gerbil a pit bull. They are nothing more than punks, and their bedsheet wearing buddies are no better.

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2017 at 10:12pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I assume every single one of these throwback bastards has seen TRIUMPH OF THE WILL multiple times, yet they still slob around in golf shirts and khaki. This is supposed to be a civilization-transforming movement; spend some money for your fascist uniform.

And the tiki torches. Anybody who wants to roll the clock back 150+ years with a race riot should go the distance and wrap some chair legs in oily rags the old fashioned way, not buy party decorations at a fucking hardware store.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2017 at 11:18pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Well, on the plus side, we're not longer talking about collusion with Russia!  

Hey.... wait a minute!

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 20 August 2017 at 1:41pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Movements already afoot to blame Bannon for everything.

<< Prev Page of 17 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version