Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 September 2020 at 12:08am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Trump is losing it - that press conference showed barely guarded
anger.
I think as we get closer to Election Day he’s going to be less & less able
to keep it together & may actually have a full on meltdown on camera.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Peter Hicks
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 September 2020 at 9:42am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

"Biden risks losing the support of Progressives because he's abandoning them by flipflopping on key issues. If Progressives feel betrayed and don't come out to support Biden, AND he doesn't win the independents, then Trump will win."
I just don't see that happening. People on the far left hate tRump's guts.   They're not going to stay home on voting day just because Biden isn't promising the Green New Deal.     
Back to Top profile | search

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 September 2020 at 11:30am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I just don't see that happening. People on the far left hate tRump's guts.   They're not going to stay home on voting day just because Biden isn't promising the Green New Deal. 

Very few seem enthusiastic or "pumped" to vote for Biden, and I can understand that. 

Trump's followers on the other hand are very enthusiastic to vote for his leader/monster and this will increase the more the press goes after him (also understandably). 

The candidate that has people more fired up, and gives his electorate clear, big reasons to vote for him usually wins (and no, "Not being Trump" is not a valid reason).

He will amplify this conflict with the press even further as he's always done and it'll work, like it always did.

The Democrats haven't learned anything, anything, from the past election which should've been a huge teachable moment.

I'm not optimistic.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 September 2020 at 12:00pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I need to stop reading shit like this...except that the message is VITAL and we are in big, BIG trouble....

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 08 September 2020 at 12:58pm

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 September 2020 at 12:15pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

John Wickett wrote:
The left will blame establishment Democrats for the loss, because Biden was not liberal enough to excite the base.

As I said in 2016: progressives blaming the Democrats for Trump is like white blood cells blaming fat cells for cancer.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 September 2020 at 2:03pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I couldn't understand who wouldn't vote for an electric waffle iron if that were the other choice over Trump, and that was in 2016.Postmaster DeJoy is the latest Trump associate that is going to experience law and order applied to them. Not only committed crimes but lied under subpoena. Can someone plug back in all the mail sorting machines yet?

Watch a crap Russian vaccine get trotted out next and then the fallout from that keeping more people from getting a proper one. Closing in on 200,000 Americans dead, worst performance in the world in so many categories related to this health emergency, but it's billionaire victim Trump and people who could be ordered to wear a mask who you should feel sorry for? Is someone ordered to wear a seat belt or bike helmet victimized to protect their own life worse off than someone made to wear a little mask to protect many others? You do know the original U.S. revolutionaries commandeered private property countless times for their cause right? But today the perpetually outraged backers of Trump are talking about freedom to not be forced to wear a cheap little mask in public? Wow, so tough for the 'freedom fighters'. I hope their happy that their countless anonymous death threats to public health guardians in the U.S. and Canada have in fact often had the effect they desired of delaying or compromising such a 'fascistic' 'burdensome' order. Blood meet hands! >:^(

If I'm the only wearing a mask I can handle it... apparently many aren't and if they see enough people not wearing them they won't wear theirs even if they have it with them... and then after a week up we go again with the numbers... not a fun thing to play games with. Enjoy the karaoke night or whatever, it may cost your life if you trust your governor or whoever else and they get their info from the highly-functioning retarded orange man. You will get your ass seriously kicked and it won't be by some cliched fantasy lefty Dems either, it will be plain old hard reality.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 08 September 2020 at 2:06pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Marc M. Woolman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 September 2020 at 2:48pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Read an article that said
one of Trump's inner
circle has warned him that
the elderly are afraid of
catching Covid-19 by
voting in-person (and
rightly so) and thanks to
Trump's rhetoric about
voting by mail being
unreliable/currupt, etc.
they may not vote.

Of course the other
possible outcome is that
Trump wins by a landslide
because the majority of
Trump voters plan on
voting in person, while
around 40 % of democratic
voters plan to vote by
mail.
If Trump claims voter-
fraud/irregularities with
mail-in ballots, he can
send federal agents to
seize the boxes and while
a court battle would
ensue, in the end those
votes would probably not
be counted.

Fred J Chamberlain
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 September 2020 at 2:59pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

... or, as often is the case, Trump turns on a dime and states that mail in
voting is safe, “thanks to some great (unspecified) changes we’ve
made”.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 September 2020 at 3:04pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

BEHOLD!  The Trump Base...in their natural habitat.  The 2020 Sturgis Biker Rally (possibly the biggest COVID super spreader event of the year as it turn out).

Try not to weep over your keyboard....

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 September 2020 at 3:31pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

According to the Washington Post, we can expect 1,900 new COVID-19 diagnoses a day by November 3. And that's not even the worst-case scenario.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 September 2020 at 5:13pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I couldn't understand who wouldn't vote for an electric waffle iron if that were the other choice over Trump, and that was in 2016.

Me neither personally but how did that go?

There's a lesson there, but Democrats refuse to learn it. They're too pleased with themselves denouncing Trump's infinite list of travesties and illegalities and his continuing streak of being the most disgusting person on the planet.

It is a lot indeed and it's all true but they already lost to him in the same exact manner 4 years ago. You have an obligation to learn something from it and change your strategy accordingly.

For one, you can't "go moderate" against Trump. You'll lose.

In the end, there seems to be some truth with Trump calling Democrats "losers" all the time. He kind of has a point.

Edited by Rodrigo castellanos on 08 September 2020 at 5:16pm

Rodrigo castellanos
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 September 2020 at 6:04pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

BEHOLD!  The Trump Base...in their natural habitat.  The 2020 Sturgis Biker Rally (possibly the biggest COVID super spreader event of the year as it turn out).

Wow. 

IDIOCRACY was a documentary.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version