Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 2588 Next >>
Topic: What’s in your sketch book? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2005 at 12:19am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

hey guys,when is this project going to appear already?im dying to see it.

as far as critiques go,i would never say something rude to anyone who has the guts to post here.especially considering whose forum this is.we are many different artists with many different styles.and different skill levels to be sure..........................

unless someone were to say i suck.j/k

as a side note......i was digging through some of my long boxes yesterday,and came across an old guilty pleasure of mine.timewalker from valiant.now i absolutely loved that series and couldnt wait to re-read them. as im flipping through issue 15(best issue of the series...)i couldnt believe my eyes.....whos on the art chores?none other than our own mr.castrillo! oh my god! i remember when i first got that issue,and how i was wishing that this castrillo guy were the regular artist.great job man! i guess i can say im a fan from way back.if you guys can find that issue,i highly recommend it.great story and art.

oh yeah,heres my newest offering......

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Guest79877180
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2005 at 12:38am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Rich Henderson - "My apologies to those artists whose work I have diminished." - Well, i don't see any of that going on with your work.  glad you joined in.  Fab inks!!!!  looking forward to see more.

Ed Munoz - love it.  Another great piece.  the fun think about your stuff is it is very yours.  I can see your style very much in your pieces.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2005 at 5:39am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Rich, great looking inks. Thought you handled the various styles very confidently.

Darren Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 November 2005 at 5:44am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Marc, I don't know...once upon a time I'd say Black was black and white was white regardless.

I've got to the stage now that I feel that it's hard enough for people to share their artwork to get a sudden onslaught of crits. So now I usually defer to saying something nice or nothing at all. If someone asks me secifically for crits I'll be honest without being brutal.

But watch out, 'cause that could all change tomorrow...I'm fickle like that!

;-)

Thanks to everyone for their kind words about the Cate Archer [computer game character apparantly] piece I posted. "Yes" she's supposed to be enthralled/transfixed by the glitter-ball as I felt it added to the comic-element of the piece.

Regards,
Darren.

Steve Horton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2005 at 1:08pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

A preview of an upcoming page of my webmanga... this is one of the best pages of the entire run.

Back to Top profile | search | www

Anthony castrillo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2005 at 1:27pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Back to Top profile | search

Guest79877180
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2005 at 1:35pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Steve Horton - wow I really like that.  Came out great.

Anthony castrillo - looking good.  are they part of the same project?  Only reason I ask is that they have the same collar and that would be potential for redundancy.  but still very cool!!!

Thanos Kollias
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2005 at 2:35pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Booster looks pretty.... Byrned! Ther's a Jurgens influense on him, as well, though. Good shots, MAC.

Jeff Stockwell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2005 at 3:03pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I like that Booster Gold a lot.

Guest79877180
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:08pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Matthew T. Carpenter, Sr. - "are they part of the same project?" - boy am I an idiot!  Didn't even realize thats booster gold!!!

Edited by Matthew T. Carpenter, Sr. on 21 November 2005 at 5:09pm

Roger A Ott II
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:14pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I haven't posted anything in a long while, but here's a recent model sheet I did last week for a character I created (an armored guy - go figure!).  Stole the basic 3-figure idea from the OHOTMU Master Edition model sheets that I thought were so cool 12 years ago.  I drew this on the back of a standard 11x17 BlueLine comic page:

I've gone through several iterations of armor designs for this character over the past dozen years.  Then I was recently reading on Bob Layton's website about what he though the future Iron Man armor would be like, and he made a point that it would be sleeker and simpler, like most technology gets as it grows, not all complicated and techy like it is now.  So I took that approach and really simplified the armor design, and I think this is probably the most satisfied I've been so far.

I've started inking this particular piece, but I'm no Bob Layton, that's for sure.  I've only done the basic figure outline and the arms and legs.  All that's left are the shaded parts, which have me a bit worried because I'm not as good at rendering the metallic look as I'd like.

Chris Yeoman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:18pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

WOW, every recent piece is amazing! Sorry I haven't got time to comment on them, but they are brilliant guys! Great work. 

<< Prev Page of 2588 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version