Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 2588 Next >>
Topic: What’s in your sketch book? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2005 at 2:46pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Here is another picture for my little project.  I was inspired by a tattoo I saw.

Edited by Michael Hatton on 20 October 2005 at 2:48pm
Back to Top profile | search

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2005 at 5:12pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

nice work bill and Michael , Michael yours makes me think of the Green Man

I think we all have alot of pressure in our jam. Darren had his as the starter but now he gets to sit and wait :)  the rest of us have the pressure of living up to the talented artist's that before and after us. But then Darren  does have to have to follow someone during his second go around.

Shawn Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2005 at 8:07pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Hatton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2005 at 9:00am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

"Michael yours makes me think of the Green Man"

It should that is exactly what I was going for. 

Vladimir Fiks
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2005 at 3:12pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Sorry, been too busy to pop in. Nice work Bill, Michael, Shawn...

Now back to the drawing pad for me. :)

V

Guest79877180
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2005 at 6:25pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

OK - long post.  Catch up day for me.  I've been working OT for the last week and a half.  Whine, whine, whine!  Anyway...

Chris - Woman with the star on her chest that's inked ~~~ very nice.  Your inks look pretty good.  don't be afraid to flex them a little more!

Michael Thompson - A marker sketch (Prismacolors) of Spider-Man ~~~ well done.  good detail.  you might have pushed the shadows a bit more, but i like them.  no white space next time.  give him a place/color to live on.

Chris Yeoman - woman with star on her chest upclose pencils ~~~ very nice again.  I like her face.

Anthony J Lombardi - i came across an old sketch pad of mine ~~~ great sketches!!!  i love that kind of work.  you can see how much you've improved over time!   if you re-work the batman or Conan let me know...

Anthony castrillo - Spock in Photoshop ~~~ i like it.  well done.

Ed Munoz - spider man on wall ~~~ i like the texture you put into your work, esp. the wall.  nice job.  I haven't forgotten the GL you sent me...

Darren Taylor - care to volunteer to stand behind Thundra~~~ the way you draw her... quite possibly i could be talked into it.  very nice.

Chris Jones - Batman and Robin ~~~ another well done piece Chris.  I really like your style.  I need to contact you again later about a batman/captain america piece that's in your gallery that I wanted to ink and color.  As soon as time allows me i will.

Anthony J Lombardi - Thundra(?) ~~~ great linework as always.  your women have come along nicely

Chris Yeoman - Batman pencils ~~~ I like your linework and your shading.  Try brining a little more shading into batmans face area.  good job overall.

Chris Jones - clown boy/monsters ~~~ I like them.  The monster colors look day-glow!

Chris Jones - Here are some Murals I did on the pre-school halls at work ~~~ very good use of "the envionrment" around you.  nice job.

Chris Yeoman - Hawkgirl (Kendra) re-visited. ~~~ pencils look good.  shoulders are a bit off.

Anthony castrillo - Heeeeeres Cable! ~~~ Heeeeres another great drawing!

Anthony castrillo - Heres something i'm working on ~~~ looks good.  Is terry austin really inking?

Anthony J Lombardi - Here is a piece i did for fun enjoy guys ~~~ plastic man is always fun.  good job on this.

Hugh Cherry - Here's a lil something I did in PhotoShop ~~~ im always impresses with what you come up with in PS.  this is equally enjoyable.  let's see more!!!

Hugh Cherry - Here's some coloring stuff ~~~ wow more good stuff!  and i just had to ask...

Anthony J Lombardi - One of my favorite comics ~~~ another good one.

Vladimir Fiks - Did this one for the This Week Jam ~~~ think she'll believe I have my own charity?  nicely done.

Anthony castrillo - "move over Pops..." ~~~ so what if they offered you "A" list pay to get back into comics?  love it.

Anthony castrillo - 3 figures ~~~ i can see the Byrne influence in the faces.

Darren Taylor - This is the panel size ~~~ what a great test!

Darren Taylor - Just playing around whilst I was waiting for my registry scan to finish ~~~ wow.  love your inks on this.  I need to practice with a brush a bit more...

Matthew T. Carpenter, Sr.- I'll kick some inks in if someone doesn't want to ink their own stuff, but if not I'm cool with it and I'm all for simplicity.  It's not like I don't have enough to do... ~~~ man, who let that jerk in here!  That guy sucks.  Don't let him work on anything!!!!!!!!!

Anthony J Lombardi - Darren I hope you don't mind this one :) ~~~ being naughty!

Anthony J Lombardi - Here is a Power Girl piece i did for This Week ~~~ well done!

Daniel Andreyev - I've tried different ways of painting on these pieces, this one based on a manga called Hellsing... ~~~ these are both well done.  I like the color and the feel they have.

Ed Munoz - AND HERALDING MY 100TH POST....... ~~~ great job with this.  Love the texture and colors.

Mikael Bergkvist - (two small drawing and one animation) ~~~ I like 'em dude.  well done.

Marc Baptiste - Any of you dudes and dudettes remember a character called She-Spawn from the Spawn series? ~~~ I am not familiar with the character, but I always admire your linework.  I like it.

Shawn Collins - The Black Rose ~~~ I don't know squat about scripts, but I think you have a decent start.  I agree with what Steve Horton added.  Check out his stuff, he's pretty talented.

Anthony J Lombardi - (Hellboy) ~~~ well, aren't YOU becoming the computer geek!  very well done.  Love the atmosphere of it.

Anthony J Lombardi - great Flash panel.  well done.

Shawn Collins - (Rapier) - good character concept.  love the cape!

Michael Hatton- I think I might have posted an earlier version of this ~~~ if you did I don't remember it.  I agree that a lighter green for the face would be good.  But still a well done job!

Shawn Collins - (gold guy with stars on him) ~~~ I like this charater.  tell us a bit about him.

Anthony J Lombardi - (laura croft and indiana jones?) ~~~ first off, nice drawing.  I like the concept also.  second off - you are on FIRE lately, aren't you?

Anthony J Lombardi - this next piece is far from finished but i got to tell you that 'm so pleased with how it's coming out ~~~ fabulous!  are you working from a photo?

Dwayne Macadangdang - (various sketches) ~~~ well done.  lets see more!

Vladimir Fiks - Laura Croft ~~~ I'm always impressed with the fact that even when you're not familiar with a character you manage to make it an outstanding illustrations.  well done.

Bill Wiist - I FINALLY have something to post ~~~ well, I don't!!  very nice stuff as always Bill.  and congrats on the paper article!

Michael Hatton - Here is another picture for my little project ~~~ i love stuff like this.  nicely done.

Shawn Collins - Orion Quest ~~~ well, what's he looking for?  just kidding.  interesting character.  give us a blurb about him if you would.

WHEW!  Well, if I missed you it doesn't mean I didn't see it.  Hope you're all having a good night.  Until later...
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2005 at 7:01pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Anthony J Lombardi - i came across an old sketch pad of mine ~~~ great sketches!!!  i love that kind of work.  you can see how much you've improved over time!   if you re-work the batman or Conan let me know...
Well i'll certainly do another Conan again  back when i was in my frazetta stage thats all i did i simply worship his stuff. I'll let you know when i do.

Anthony J Lombardi - Thundra(?) ~~~ great linework as always.  your women have come along nicely
 I really had no choice Matthew with the work that cheesecake maker Darren has been doing. It really made me admit to myseelf how i had been lacking in that area.

Anthony J Lombardi - Here is a Power Girl piece i did for This Week ~~~ well done!
Ok about this piece, I've always tried to do "Big" gals realistically because enough guys who draw make women gravity defying. So i normally don't but with everything i've seen of Powergirl people seem to poke fun at her being so big so i decided to defy gravity with her.

Anthony J Lombardi - (Hellboy) ~~~ well, aren't YOU becoming the computer geek!  very well done.  Love the atmosphere of it.
thanks Matthew , It's about the only thing i was thankful for from my web design course i learned photoshop illustrator and flash.

Anthony J Lombardi - (laura croft and indiana jones?) ~~~ first off, nice drawing.  I like the concept also.  second off - you are on FIRE lately, aren't you? It's all the great artwork i'm seeing Matthew it has inspired  me and i need to flex these art muscles if i'm gonna get back into the swing of things

Anthony J Lombardi - this next piece is far from finished but i got to tell you that 'm so pleased with how it's coming out ~~~ fabulous!  are you working from a photo?
I'm useing a photo of the enterprise as reference you know for where the lights shoudl be and what not but the compostion i'm coming up with as i go along.

Dwayne Macadangdang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2005 at 9:37pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Well, Thank You, Mr. Carpenter. You're very kind.

Following are some sequential pages that I've recently submitted to Digital Webbing Presents. The story is from a script by Jon Quinn, which he wrote for an exercise in the writer's forum. You can view the DW thread, including the script here.

Guest79877180
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 October 2005 at 10:17pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Dwayne - you are a very talented penciler!  I didn't need the script to tell what's going on and your layout is solid!!!  If I only had the time I'd love to destroy your pencils with my inking!!!  Nice stuff.

Edited by Matthew T. Carpenter, Sr. on 21 October 2005 at 11:11pm

Dwayne Macadangdang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 October 2005 at 12:14am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Mr. Carpenter, again, thank you very much for the kind words.

As I've said before in another thread...Mr. Byrne's work continues to inspire and influence my art. Maybe I'll get to meet him someday at a con, after all...and thank him in person.

Guest79877180
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 October 2005 at 12:36am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Please Dwayne - no Mr. Carpenter.  It's Matthew.  And unfortunately JB (Mr. Byrne) doesn't go to cons anymore due to his work schedule.

Didier Yvon Paul Fayolle
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 October 2005 at 5:25am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Well, just to give you some update on the Jam drawing session. Darren has put a lot of effort and sweat, and.... difficulty to follow after him. So, I am working on it ( as I mentioned to him and to you now, I have a busy schedule during weekdays and I can more easily work on my part during the week-end. I have already started to do some stuff, like say ....... and also worked on ..... but I need to clean it and after that compositing everything on the computer... And put some trames on it if I have enough time. But I am working on it. Justin, expect to receive my contribution sometimes between end of the week-end and beginning of the week.

Darren, you sure didn't made it easy. Beautiful stuff that you did, but very challenging to follow... ( where to go with that ? Can I draw Inspector Gadget playing Mahjong with tweety instead? ... a lot of questions and only one answer: go finish my part! Damn it !)

Back to Top profile | search | www

<< Prev Page of 2588 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version