Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic
Byrne Robotics > Fan Fic << Prev Page of 20 Next >>
Topic: JB’s Monthlies! (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 January 2007 at 12:15pm | IP Logged | 1  

OMG- those are both excellent!  Really raises the bar!  I have to post mine later today when I get to my home computer; I also chose option 1 and sorta reversed the perspective to focus on Bruce's expression, but still came up with a way to show his father's mask.

Edit: here's my entry.

Edited by Greg Reeves on 31 January 2007 at 5:50pm
Back to Top profile | search

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 January 2007 at 7:06pm | IP Logged | 2  

Gah!  Can't get to a scanner today.  VIOLATION.  Stand by for late entry.

Good work you three!  I hadn't thought of doing a page, Steve.  Clever interpretation of the "assignment."

Michael Kane
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 January 2007 at 8:27pm | IP Logged | 3  

Cool beans Greg...young Bruce really looks mesmorized. A great rendering of Mrs. Wayne, Definately comes across as a middled aged pretty woman. You show a very definative line  in you work that I  am still searching for . The mirror reflection was a great idea.  hats off to ya...

Steve's work is as always Dynamic as can be. The inking is superb. Did you use brush on this at all?  you are the king of action sequences thus far.... cheers

Back to Top profile | search | www

Gary S. Lee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 January 2007 at 10:33pm | IP Logged | 4  

Having just heard of this monthly challenge, I don't quite have a new
submission for it--but I do have an old cover recreation that I did for a
friend that just happens to be from a reprint of Untold Tales of Batman...

G.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 February 2007 at 7:52pm | IP Logged | 5  

Still no scanner-- so I'm posting a "preview" photo of the unfinished piece. 

I went for the "kitchen sink" battle scene-- I'm sorry I can't post a finished version yet.

Steve Gumm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 February 2007 at 8:50pm | IP Logged | 6  

Very good showing! I like all the different takes on the assignment.

Michael- Good job, I think you did a great job capturing how the costume made a big impression on young Bruce, the Batman shadow is a nice touch.   - I inked most of my piece using a Hunts 102 nib.

Marcus- I cheated and used computer lettering, I tried to hand letter the page, but it didn't look quite right, so I added the computer lettering after I scanned it in. 

Greg no wonder you were anxious to post your piece it really turned out nice! The way you created the Batman reflection in the mirror was really cool. You also have a nice inking style. You captured some nice emotions in the characters faces.

Gary- That's a nice recreation, look forward to seeing your efforts in the next assignment.

Mark- Can't wait to see what the finished piece it looks like. You've got a good layout for an awesome piece. Make sure you post it when you're done.

For everyone else that has unfinished pieces, finish them up and post them... better late than never.  It's not work or school, it just a hobby. I think this should be fun, so don't stress about posting them late, we just want to see your take.

Darren- It's probably your turn to create an assignment. We will wait patiently for your orders. 

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Greg Reeves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 11:29am | IP Logged | 7  

Thanks for the nice comments, Steve- I really need to increase my level of detail closer to your style though.  I've always been pretty sparse with details and rendering, focusing more on heavy line weights and such!

Rich Henderson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2007 at 3:15pm | IP Logged | 8  

Extremely nice job guys!  I know, I know...I'm the one that came up with this here particular challenge and I've yet to post. Due to unforeseen circumstances, both technical and family oriented, I won't be able to post until next week. Altho after seeing what's been presented so far, I feel mine may be a bit poor in comparison.

Steve - Damn dude you went the extra mile...good showing!

Michael- Nice composition. Has a real "rich" feel to it.

Greg - Another great composition. I'd have never thought of using those angles and it turned out great!

Gary- JL Garcia Lopez is one of the best draftsman I have come across and his Batman is phenominal! Your recreation is right on the mark.

Mark- As Steve stated I can't wait to see what the finished piece it looks like. The layout is great and I'm anxious to see who is being portrayed along with Batman.

Now if we could just get that Darren guy to wake up and get on da ball...lol.

Steve Gumm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 8:46pm | IP Logged | 9  

FYI: JB is issuing another art challenge the details can be found in this thread:

http://qurls.com?i=1650

Edited by Steve Gumm on 06 February 2007 at 8:06pm

Greg Reeves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 February 2007 at 11:19am | IP Logged | 10  

Hopefully we can still have a "Monthlies" at the same time... I just can't get 4 pages of sequential art done in time, plus I really enjoy these one scene projects.  If so, I'd love to nominate an Alpha Flight-themed one if possible!

Steve Gumm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 February 2007 at 1:45pm | IP Logged | 11  

Greg- That would be fine. With the other challenge going on, be prepared that there may be a small turn out on this one. 

Can you define the objective of the Alpha Flight assignment a bit more?  I'm sure there are others that'll find the four page challenge a bit much and would like something else to work on. 

Edited by Steve Gumm on 07 February 2007 at 1:45pm

Greg Reeves
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 February 2007 at 7:42am | IP Logged | 12  

That sounds great; now I didn't want to presume to define this next Monthlies project (wasn't sure if there was a pattern to who decides to do it) but I'd happy to come up with something!  Should we see if we have a few takers first, or just plan one anyway?

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version