Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Fan Fic
Byrne Robotics > Fan Fic << Prev Page of 50 Next >>
Topic: X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.18--Comments Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 January 2021 at 8:23am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Tom Perkowitz wrote:

Odd to see Scott and Jean hold hands in the last panel after the way she has totally rebuffed his affection at every turn since her resurrection and finally totally blew him off by leaving the team and not even talking about their relationship.

It did not come off that way to me. (?!?)
Back to Top profile | search

Jason K Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 January 2021 at 8:24am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I haven't gotten that read on Scott & Jean's relationship at all, Tom - in fact, the exact opposite! And in ELSEWHEN time, Jean has only been back a few days/weeks, right?

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 January 2021 at 8:26am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

QUOTE:
Odd to see Scott and Jean hold hands in the last panel after the way she has totally rebuffed his affection at every turn since her resurrection and finally totally blew him off by leaving the team and not even talking about their relationship.

Respectfully... We must be reading two different tales, sir. That's not how it has gone at all.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 January 2021 at 8:29am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Love the metamoment. That might be the best thing about Elsewhen and reminds us all to avoid taking all of this too seriously.

Nice wrap on the Phoenix entity, Imperial Guard, Lilandra, etc. Now that Peter is all better, can I suggest some Juggernaut or Blob? =)

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 January 2021 at 8:33am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The Meta page... I didn't laugh because it was mildly fun. But it was SENSATIONAL! There has to be a deep soulful involvement and satisfaction when you, Mr. Byrne, get to talk to your creations.

I recall the climax to Waid/Pacheco's climax to the "FF Goes to Heaven" storyline, and God/Kirby restores Ben Grimm to being the Thing. Same kind of flavor... but it seemed a little cheap. But they brought Ben back to life after he was killed in battle with Dr. Doom. Didn't Marvel switch to a "no resurrections!" policy at that time? Or were you no longer there, Mr. Byrne?

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 29 January 2021 at 8:43am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Respectfully... We must be reading two different tales, sir. That's not how it has gone at all.

•••

Don’t cloud the issue with facts, Wallace!

Robbie Moubert
Byrne Robotics Member
Evertonian

Posted: 29 January 2021 at 8:51am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I guess Tom must have missed these panels from issues 15 and 16.

I must say, a lot of the criticisms and expressions of "confusion" that I've seen about Elsewhen seem to stem from people just not paying attention.

Michael Arndt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 January 2021 at 8:56am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Always rooting for  Scott and Jean. They make a nice couple. 

Great issue all the way through JB. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Northey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 January 2021 at 9:09am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Heh.  Better 'mind blow' than I expected.  Made me laugh, which I assume was the goal.  Could've just wrote that his leg healed at long last I'm sure if there was an editor who demanded no retro fixing using the old 'kept being re-damaged when he went into armored form' or some such.  I've seen enough hand waving like that over the years in comics that is for sure, this is just a LOT more honest.  Just hope it isn't done too often or it would pull one out of the comics 'reality' so to speak.  Glad it wasn't us getting a monster Kitty/Astra creature as a permanent feature, or Kitty being dead (either-or was my expectation as many are strong Kitty fans).  Of course, that subplot is still dangling (and brand new) so who knows?

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 29 January 2021 at 9:13am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Hm. Is “dangling” really an appropriate description of a subplot that’s barely an issue old?

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 January 2021 at 9:20am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Fantastic. A nice FUN page. Thanks for that.

Tony Frye
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 January 2021 at 9:21am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I really enjoyed this issue, especially the last two pages. 

1. I'm enjoying the endings to many of these stories. During the Claremont years, storylines would dangle for years, sometimes a decade. And the last panel with Jean and Scott walking off into the forest, was beautifully drawn. I wish it had been a two page spread.

2. The last page is what comic books should always be. Many times, the characters and writers find themselves so bound by continuity that they aren't free to just tell good stories. Reminds me of the old days of the "No Prize"... where the readers paid more attention to these little details then the actual story. But most important... todays page reenforced the beauty of this experiment you're doing... you can do anything you want. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

<< Prev Page of 50 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version