Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 19 Next >>
Topic: Superman Returns movie (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 9:52am | IP Logged | 1  

Glenn Greenberg wrote:
I guess the rumor about Lois now having a kid is
true.

That makes me nervous.

Kind of a stretch saying that based on one picture, yes?

Not any more definitive than the rumor, no?

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 9:58am | IP Logged | 2  

Gerry, it looks amazing, but is that real?

Edited by Sam Karns on 12 April 2005 at 9:59am
Back to Top profile | search

Glenn Greenberg
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 10:20am | IP Logged | 3  

Stephen McGrath wrote:

Kind of a stretch saying that based on one picture,
yes?

No.

Stephen McGrath wrote:

Not any more
definitive than the rumor, no?

Yes.

Rob Hewitt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 10:47am | IP Logged | 4  

I think Glenn's rumor (for want of a better phrase) is probably true.

WIZARD had an interview with Singer and he did not state the rumor  itself, but he did emphasize that a lot of time had passed since the battle with Zod, and that people, including Lois, move on with their lives.  He also spoke about the conflict with the new love, and the old love from the past that emerges again.  I think the rumor fits that theme-Lois moved on.

Gerry Turnbull
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 10:58am | IP Logged | 5  

Sam Karns wrote:

the Superman Cinema site have been mentioning that for the past couple of years.there was also an article about it in DVD Review magazine.So i think theres a good chance its real.

Gerry

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Zaki Hasan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 11:10am | IP Logged | 6  

Gerry Turnbull wrote:

Sam Karns wrote:

the Superman Cinema site have been mentioning that for the past couple of years.there was also an article about it in DVD Review magazine.So i think theres a good chance its real.

Gerry

It's "real" in the sense that yes, it exists, but not real in any authorized form:

Almost four years ago, a group of dedicated Superman fans around the world sent out the call for video recordings of the first televised broadcasts. Thousands of dollars and countless hours were spent restoring the footage and reintegrating it into the film. And finally, the results of their hard work are ready to be seen. The project leaders have announced that the Superman II: Restored International Cut two disk DVD set has been completed. According to the announcement, the set contains:
  • The complete two hour, twenty-six minute version of the film.
  • On-screen commentary track, detailing what footage Donner shot, and other Restored International Cut trivia.
  • Long out of print documentary "The Making of Superman II."
  • Long out of print "Superman II Soundtrack."
  • "Lost Scene Gallery" featuring pictures of Donner's unreleased work on Superman II.
  • "Restoration Demonstration" showing before and after footage examples.
  • Complete RIC artwork folder. All the artwork, from the cover to the disc art, it's all included in TIFF file format.
Also included is the following message to Donner, which explains the motivations behind this project:
    An Open Letter to Richard Donner
    Your work is not forgotten. This restoration project, the Restored International Cut exists as a tribute to your vision and efforts.
    It's been more than twenty years, and your fans are still patiently waiting for the real Superman II. Many of us have gone to great lengths just to get a glimpse of the film we've long been wanting to see. While we wait for an official release, the bootlegging community has shown no qualms in charging fans extravagant prices for low quality reproductions of footage known to exist. It is our hope that this project will offer fans a more reasonable way of obtaining those scenes.
    This Restored International Cut of Superman II has two main purposes. First, to give fans the opportunity to see those scenes in the best possible manner, without having to pay inflated bootleg prices. This whole endeavor has been done as a labor of love, and is strictly non-profit. Secondly, to let you, Warner Brothers, and anyone else with influence know that the fans are still eager to see the rest of your lost work on Superman II.
    Thank you and everyone else who collaborated with you, for all your hard work on the Superman films. I hope someday, all the fans of this film will have the opportunity to see the rest of your vision.
As stated above, the Superman II Restored International Cut was a non-profit project and thus, it is not available for sale. However, the creators behind this project want to ensure that Superman fans everywhere get a chance to see this DVD. Towards that end, free copies are being made and distributed. And fans are being encouraged to make more copies to share with others. There is a forum, to request copies of the RIC, which can be found here. Due to a large number of initial responses, the request list is currently closed, but it should be reopened soon.

A trailer for the Superman II Restored International Cut is already online and can be seen here. It not only demonstrates the restoration of the footage, it also includes a preview of an even more ambitious project: the Superman II Green Cut. The Green Cut will be a fan edit of the film with spruced up special effects and reedited, to remove some of Lester's changes, in order to create a film more in keeping with Donner’s original vision of Superman II.

For more on the Superman II Restored International Cut and the Green Cut, check out http://www.supermancinema.co.uk/

Edited by Zaki Hasan on 12 April 2005 at 11:10am

Steve Lyons
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 11:15am | IP Logged | 7  

Sadly, it looks like I will enjoy the S2RIC more than Superman Returns.

Steve Merritt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2005 at 2:38pm | IP Logged | 8  

Wayne Osborne wrote:

That honkin' big forehead on Lois is making me nervous.  I think she might be Brainiac in disguise.  And her "child" is some kinda killer kid robot.  It's the only thing that makes any sense.

WO

That's not a forehead.  That's a five-head.

So first Lana has a kid so I guess Lois can get one too.  Maybe Superman can sneeze and help the child with bowling.

Edited by Steve Merritt on 12 April 2005 at 2:40pm

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 10:57am | IP Logged | 9  

I would have prefered Evangeline Lilly for the role of Lois.  As for the photo, I think it was enhancely enlarged.  I don't think Kate's head is really that big.  One other thing I found interesting in the photo, it appears the make-up or hairstyle team has applied her with a paste on wig.

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:01am | IP Logged | 10  

I think the rumor fits that theme-Lois moved on.

Moved on meaning it's not Superman's kid or moved on meaning it's someone else kid?

I hope it's Superman's kid, I know it won't be as clever as JB's Generations series but I hope it could be close.  Thoughts?

Edited by Sam Karns on 13 April 2005 at 11:02am

Glenn Greenberg
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:07am | IP Logged | 11  

I'd rather see a brunette wig than a blond Lois.

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:10am | IP Logged | 12  

True.  Kate is very pretty and whatever Singer has in mind for her I'm looking forward to it. 

<< Prev Page of 19 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version