Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 2
Topic: FantaCo Fantastic Four Chronicles (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 December 2016 at 4:09pm | IP Logged | 1  

I had one of the FantaCo Annuals. Many of my comics were destroyed in a fire a few years ago and many of the ones remaining were flooded earlier this year so it's doubtful I still have it. It's definitely been at least 25 years since I've looked at it so my memory isn't that vivid about it. If I'm remembering correctly, though, it contained brief summaries and possibly critiques on many key comic series, in alphabetical order, possibly listing some key issues. Since the individual FantaCo issues focused on Marvel series, I think the annual may have only contained information on Marvel books. I'm not confident about that though. I remember I used this book quite a bit for reference during the 80's. Of course, there were also Amazing Heroes Preview Specials and Marvel Age Annuals in the 80's that did something similar, listing information about titles in alphabetical entries, so my mind may be cross-pollinating to some degree.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Colin Ian Campbell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 December 2016 at 4:33pm | IP Logged | 2  

The annual reprinted critical overviews from Frank Plowright's zine, Two Decades of Comics, which featured a cover by Brian Bolland and covered virtually every mainstream comics series from 1961 to 1981. This was later updated and greatly expanded into book form with a cover by Frank Quitely as the Slings & Arrows Comic Guide in 1997 and again for a second edition in 2003.
Link

Back to Top profile | search

Fabrice Renault
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 December 2016 at 5:04pm | IP Logged | 3  

I think I have them all... Spider-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Avengers... Was there another one ?

Colin Ian Campbell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 December 2016 at 5:10pm | IP Logged | 4  

There was an X-Men issue with a cover by Dave Cockrum and the annual with an infinity cover by Mike Kaluta.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version