Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 19 Next >>
Topic: Terrorist Attacks in Paris (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2015 at 7:07am | IP Logged | 1  

Already several muslim organizations in Paris asking muslins to "calm down" for the next issue of Charlie Hebdo...
Back to Top profile | search

Marcio Ferreira
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2015 at 10:06am | IP Logged | 2  

Please, please, please, watch THIS video. Absolutely 100% represents what I (and probably many of you) think.

Brian O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2015 at 11:30am | IP Logged | 3  

The mayor of Rotterdam, a Moroccan immigrant, speaks his mind on Muslim extremists: "If you are upset about some humorists making a newspaper, may I suggest that you f*** off."
How long until we hear about his assassination?

Edited by Brian O'Neill on 13 January 2015 at 11:30am

Christophe Malgrain
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2015 at 11:38am | IP Logged | 4  

Thanks Marcio, many, many people think that way indeed ! I've always resented religions for exploiting the primitive concept of Hell. The notion of being born a sinner is also very offensive.
And I've always found the idea that if we do have a creator we must worship him utterly stupid.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2015 at 12:27pm | IP Logged | 5  

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/13/jihad-fanbo ys-in-the-paris-burbs.html

>>Paris’s Muslim Suburbs Blame Jews for Charlie<<

Brian O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2015 at 12:42pm | IP Logged | 6  

I got as far as 'It was a conspiracy.'
I don't really care whatt he subject is, as soon as I see someone whining that something is a 'conspiracy' perpetuated by the VICTIM, then, in the mayor of Rotterdam's words, 'I suggest you f*** off.'

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 13 January 2015 at 1:03pm | IP Logged | 7  

Please, please, please, watch THIS video.

•••

His thinking is slightly skewed. The nutbars don't kill because they doubt Hell exists. They kill to send the infidels to Hell that much SOONER!

Fabrice Renault
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2015 at 2:56pm | IP Logged | 8  

Michael,

FYI, Sevran has some nice places, but there are some "no-go zones" indeed. Just a few years ago there have been some gang wars in those places and the mayor of Sevran asked for the army to come and tackle dealers and get more security in those suburbs, but the President refused.

Jose Sarduy
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2015 at 3:58pm | IP Logged | 9  

Please, please, please, watch THIS video. Absolutely 100% represents what I (and probably many of you) think

So correct me if I’m wrong what Cenk Uygur is saying that these “attackers” don’t really believe in the Islamic religion, that they have hijacked it.

As a true agnostic/atheist I think any person with an extreme religious view is living in the dark ages.

As a matter of fact I think anything taken to the extreme is dangerous, expect for eating ice cream if course.

Thinking back to all the terrorist acts in the name of religion that have been committed since the “Munich Massacre” a majority have in the name of Islam.

I wonder is the religion of Islam being hijacked or is there something in the religion that hijacks the very sick?

Cenk mentions if you want to live under Islamic rule go to Iran, Syria, etc…Or under Catholic rule go to the Vatican City. LOL

I guess The Vatican City is the only country under strict Catholic law? I don’t know

when I was in Rome did walk the length of the Vatican City ( four blocks) and I was swearing all the time, those cobble stones were twisting my ankles!!Sorry but you cant compare the Vatican City to Iran.

Other than those points I agree with Cenk.

Edited by Jose Sarduy on 13 January 2015 at 4:06pm

Brian O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2015 at 4:42pm | IP Logged | 10  

Jose:
I wonder is the religion of Islam being hijacked or is there something in the religion that hijacks the very sick?

One can argue that Islam was founded on the so-called 'principle' of hating/killing everybody who follows a different religion...so it was kind of 'sick' to begin with, and so wouldn't require much to 'hijack' it.

Was the rest of the world better off when so much of the Middle East was 'buried' under British rule?

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 13 January 2015 at 5:42pm | IP Logged | 11  

After 9/11, a friend said "I don't think the World can afford Islam any more ." Too broad a brush, no doubt, but it got me thinking. Judaism and Christianity have largely, if not entirely, outgrown their barbaric pasts. But Islam is a "young" religion -- and it often seems it's not a very well behaved young religion. Its treatment of women alone should earn it the condemnation of the World.

Brian O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 January 2015 at 11:52pm | IP Logged | 12  

Maybe, all these years they've been meaning to say 'Islam is a religion of piece'?

<< Prev Page of 19 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version