Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 22 Next >>
Topic: Do you think the US should go into Syria? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 September 2013 at 5:30pm | IP Logged | 1  

Also, I am only finding that one article as proof to your theory. Tons of sites say the same thing as you did, but they all use that one article as the source of their proof.

Suspiciously, a trademark method of FOX news.
Back to Top profile | search

Rick Shepherd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 September 2013 at 6:31pm | IP Logged | 2  

John Bodin - just a warning (as someone who lives in the UK and is familiar with the papers here), that article is from the Daily Mail. Best to think of them as the 'Fox News' of UK print media - they're notorious for knee-jerk, sensationalist, reactionary outbursts, often with little or no factual grounding (particularly when it comes to things like science or health-related stories).

So yeah - I'd trust it as far as I can throw it. And my throwing arm's pretty terrible.

Jodi Moisan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 September 2013 at 6:33pm | IP Logged | 3  

Exactly Ron.

But Rick it fits their propaganda. To hell with any of the truth.

Edited by Jodi Moisan on 02 September 2013 at 6:36pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 September 2013 at 6:56pm | IP Logged | 4  

I don't believe politicians, but I believe the Internet even less!

John Bodin
Byrne Robotics Member
Purveyor of Rare Items

Posted: 02 September 2013 at 8:36pm | IP Logged | 5  

Jodi Moisan wrote:
So let's be clear John , you believe that Obama and his administration gassed those citizens so to attack Assad? Is that what you believe?

Nope, not what I believe -- just reporting what I've run across.

That said, I do believe there could be some grain of truth there -- consider that the current administration seems pretty rabid about attacking Assad, despite the fact that there really seems to be no proof that Assad was responsible for the chemical attacks.

FOX and The Mail may be knee-jerk, but our president wanting desperately to attack Assad as soon as possible even without proper proof of WHO was responsible for the chemical attacks is about as knee-jerk as you can get . . . and that's a "knee-jerk" that solidly puts the lives of our soldiers and Syrians (including Syrians civilians) at risk. 

Do you believe THAT is acceptable?
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 September 2013 at 9:32pm | IP Logged | 6  

I know what I would prefer to be true: that the Syrian government did it. The idea that Syrian rebels, many of which are Al Queda, have access to chemical weapons is even more horrifying. 

Edited by Joe Zhang on 02 September 2013 at 9:35pm

Brennan Voboril
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 5:13am | IP Logged | 7  

To me, the idea that the Syrian government gassed these people with UN inspectors a few miles away and having just arrived to check for chemical weapons attacks is too fantastic.  It reminds me of Iraq and the stuff we were told then about their WMD by Bush.  

Jodi Moisan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:00pm | IP Logged | 8  

Knee jerk? They are implying the president of our country ordered the gassing of civilans. That is a disgusting thing to start a rumor over, because that is exactly what it is, a rumor. The girl from Dixie Chicks said Bush was stupid and there was mass record burnings and Fox attacked them, yelling how unpatriotic they are. And you think what FOX is doing and in turn you are doing is OK?  John, your news sources are seriously twisting your thinking, to see evil when it is just not there and furthering such hatefulness is just wrong. 

Edited by Jodi Moisan on 03 September 2013 at 2:02pm

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:25pm | IP Logged | 9  

The idea that Syrian rebels, many of which are Al Queda, have access to chemical weapons is even more horrifying.
----------------
We even know where they got them: Lybia. After the U.S. helped them gang-rape and lynch Qaddafi in the streets, they got to raid all the Lybian weapons depots before the UN could get anyone in to even catalog them.

Jodi Moisan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 2:36pm | IP Logged | 10  

Source Steve

Jodi Moisan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 3:28pm | IP Logged | 11  

I am really disturbed by John's post and his "some grain of truth" statement. Seriously if that is what the right is led to believe, that Obama is so evil he would gas men, women and children, it is no wonder nothing is getting done in congress. Fox and all their supportive hate mongers have done a very good job in making our political discourse so dysfunctional I honestly am not sure it will ever recover.

John Bodin
Byrne Robotics Member
Purveyor of Rare Items

Posted: 03 September 2013 at 4:31pm | IP Logged | 12  

I don't watch FOX News Jodi -- don't even know what channel is it on my receiver.  I don't frequent the FOX News site either, nor do I even visit it on occasion.  You can profile and label me all you want, but don't believe for a moment that I conveniently fall into the "right-wing" stereotypes that you seem so desperately to want to shoehorn me into.

The fact that large parts of the American public can be made aware of how deeply corrupt our government currently is by witnessing the recent behavior of the IRS and the NSA and still not believe that our politicians in general (including Democrats, and Republicans, right and left, "liberal" and "conservative") truly ARE corrupt enough to take innocent lives in foreign lands (as well as the lives of U.S. soldiers abroad) solely for their own gain is kind of scary.

I think our politicians and our government stand now as proof that power corrupts, and absolute power can corrupt absolutely.

Speaking of being corrupt enough to take innocent lives in foreign lands (as well as the lives of U.S. soldiers abroad) solely for their own gain, isn't that what Democrats, liberals, and those on the left spent eight years accusing Bush and Cheney (and their administration) of doing?  If it was so easy to believe then that Bush and Cheney and their administration could be so corrupt, why is it so easy to believe that "Hope and Change" has brought us any sort of change when everything we see right now would indicate that all we've gotten really is just more of the same (or worse . . . see my comments about the NSA and the IRS above -- we have no indication or reason to believe that all of THAT went on prior to the current administration).

<< Prev Page of 22 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version