Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 22 Next >>
Topic: Do you think the US should go into Syria? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 11:40am | IP Logged | 1  

I have addressed my disdain with PBO's drone strikes numerous times in this thread, most recently, 2 posts up from yours.  I have brought up considerations in this Syrian conflict a week before news media even started talking about them.  Just because you don't like or don't agree with someone does not make them a Kool-Aid drinker.  And the accusation of which does not make you kewl.

Edited by Craig Robinson on 09 September 2013 at 11:44am
Back to Top profile | search

Paul Simpson Simpson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 11:42am | IP Logged | 2  

But again, I notice you are ignoring the question I keep asking. The right has voted to get rid of Obamacare 40 times and it has cost the taxpayers so far, around 55 million. Fifty five million, wow what a waste. How do you justify that?
What does that have to do with killing people in Syria.
+++++++++++++++
 invoked the Affordable Care Act (which YOU here have chosen to refer to as "Obamacare") earlier in this thread to illustrate how this administration had spent their political currency instead of choosing to aggressively pursue the closing of Gitmo (which was a topic brought up by someone else 
Gitmo is still open ? I'm shocked. Meet the new boss...Same as the old boss.

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 11:43am | IP Logged | 3  

Apparently you missed the entire point of my post, that being that the caricature of Putin's actions in Chechnya as 'butchery' is ridiculous, and can only be the result of believing the American media hype.

Craig Robinson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 11:47am | IP Logged | 4  

I don't pay attention to media hype.  I read and draw my own conclusions.  I even tie my own shows. 

Don't tell me anything here is "only" the result of anything. 

Jodi Moisan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 11:47am | IP Logged | 5  

Steve I have to say, while I 100% feel we should not allow countries to gas men , women and children. After reading links you posted, drone strikes sure do not seem to be the answer. But I don't have a better one and I hate Assad will feel it is ok. But from what someone else posted, maybe the threat of a missile launch was enough to get results. 

John I didn't think you would resond. Thanks for not disappointing. 
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brennan Voboril
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 11:51am | IP Logged | 6  

I'm sorry Matt.  I just searched the term and up popped Fox.  

Thom Price
Byrne Robotics Member
L’Homme Diabolique

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 11:51am | IP Logged | 7  

while I 100% feel we should not allow countries to gas men , women and children. 

Over 100,000 people have been killed in the Syrian civil war; what is so especially tragic about 1,400 of them dying from a chemical attack?  Are the people killed by bombs and bullets somehow less dead?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Jodi Moisan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 11:51am | IP Logged | 8  

Paul how does Obama close Gitmo? Walk me through the process. Because Obama has tried numerous time to do just that. But let's give you a shot on explaining how it can be done without congressional approval. 
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brennan Voboril
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 11:56am | IP Logged | 9  

He can't close Gitmo without Congress but might start a war without them?  I can't believe that either.

This administration had a chance from the American population and I believe they've failed.  I also believe if Obama goes ahead and starts a war he might well be impeached.  I believe that is the level of anger from the vast majority of the population about a new war.  

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 11:57am | IP Logged | 10  

Then please, by all means, justify your claim, as I've now invited you to twice, that Putin engaged in 'butchery' in Chechnya. If the Beslan school massacre and the Moscow theater attack had happened on American soil, any U.S. President who didn't respond as forcefully as Putin did would be failing to exercise his office. I'm also curious what you think of Abraham Lincoln in this context. He seemed to think that keeping separatists from leaving was worth hundreds of thousands of lives. And the separatists he was dealing with weren't Muslim Jihadists, and didn't massacre children.

Paul Simpson Simpson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 12:06pm | IP Logged | 11  

He is commander in chief. If he had no power to close Gitmo why did he say he was going to close it ? He never said "I will close it if congress lets me." He stated it would be closed in a year. He should not make promises he can't keep.Oh yeah...Democrats ran congress back then. He could have gotten it done just on a party line vote. If I was him I would have gotten approval from congress then. You know when his party ran congress. The republicans had no power at that point. He got Obamacare passed despite anything the republicans did . Seems like if he could get that done he could close Gitmo.   

Edited by Paul Simpson Simpson on 09 September 2013 at 12:09pm

Craig Robinson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 September 2013 at 12:13pm | IP Logged | 12  

Please Steve.  If you were actually interested in a discourse, I'd be happy to.  But I'm not going to "prove" myself to some jag who feels compelled to label me a Kool-Aid drinker before reading more than 2/3rds of my posts. 

<< Prev Page of 22 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version