Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 6
Topic: Scary Skulls (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 5:54pm | IP Logged | 1  

I like Brontosaurs. I have never ever been able to accept the Apatosaurs. But then, I still hand coins to people at the grocer's instead of putting them in the new coin-slot thingies... Can't get used to 'em.

Ah...Archaeopteryx. Can clearly recall spending a whole day teaching myself how to spell that name correctly. 
Back to Top profile | search

Johan Vikberg
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 May 2013 at 9:38am | IP Logged | 2  

(Big time tangent: I'm in the same boat, so to speak, when it comes to Vikings.  In my mind they will always have horned helmets.  I know there is no historical evidence for this, and that it would have been wildly impractical to wear them in the close quarters of a ship -- they'd be poking each others' eyes out left and right. 

Would it even be practical to wear any helmet all the time, off the battlefield?

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 09 May 2013 at 9:45am | IP Logged | 3  

Would it even be practical to wear any helmet all the time, off the battlefield?

••

Funnily enough, something like that passed thru my mind watching AMAZING SPIDER-MAN last night. Of course, the movie contrives to get the actor's face out on screen as often as possible, but they are mostly quite clever about it. In one scene, laying a trap for the Lizard, Spider-Man reclines at the center of a web he's spun -- and has his mask off. Which seemed quite logical, when I thought about it. It really would not be comfortable to wear that full face mask ALL THE TIME, as it would not be comfortable to wear a heavy metal helmet at all times.

Terry Thielen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 May 2013 at 5:44am | IP Logged | 4  

Here is a nice blog post about taking the shrink-wrap off of dinosaurs. Of course it's also promoting the wonderful All Yesterdays book.
http://www.walkingwithdinosaurs.com/news/editorial/all-yeste rdays-book-review-dinosaurs-shrink-wrap/1/

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 17 May 2013 at 11:20am | IP Logged | 5  

If we could look at dinosaur restorations from 100 years hence, we probably would not even recognize many of our old favorites.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 6
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version