Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 20 Next >>
Topic: The Revelation of the Pyramids - by Pooyard (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged | 1  

"Sure it does.  You're ignoring their cultural and spiritual motivations for building them in the first place.  So you're either quite culturally ignorant, or possibly the worst troll in the history of the internets.  Bets?"

I'm not ignoring their motivations. I'm saying that the effort would be better spent somewhere else. I think the churches and cathedrals of the middle ages are magnificent buildings. I still think the efforts would have been better spent on other things.

The fact that Egypt now has a lot of lovely ruins may be nice for the tourists, but saying they might have preferred better roads or canals being built 4000 years ago instead makes me neither culturally ignorant nor a troll, and I'm curious as to why you would think it does.

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 8:12am | IP Logged | 2  

My dad witnessed a stereotypical flying saucer when He was a senior in high school.

••

Okay, one more time:

Flying Saucer mythology began in the late 1940s, when a civilian pilot named Kenneth Arnold saw some unusual flying objects over the mountains near Portland, Oregon. He filed a report, and described the objects as looking like this:

Unfortunately (from a historical viewpoint) he described the objects as moving erratically, "like a saucer being skipped across a lake", and a local reporter picked up on this, applied it to the SHAPE of the objects, and coined the term "flying saucers". For some reason, this pair of words fired the public's imaginations, and people started seeing "flying saucers" all over the country, and eventually the world.

It was all bad timing, really, since a while after Arnold's "sighting", the US government declassified the YB-49.

Too long after "flying saucer" had completely written over Arnold's report, alas, for many people to make the obvious connection.

So, to this day, when people see "alien spaceships" they see saucer shaped objects -- and as Carl Sagan pointed out, wasn't it nice of the aliens to completely redesign their technology in order to match the story filed by that reporter back in 1947?

Knut Robert Knutsen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 8:15am | IP Logged | 3  

"Yes, because clearly I was taking a shot at the Romans and making a stealthy pissing contest between the two cultures.  Way to suss that out."

What are you on about? I'm using the Romans as an example of how building can be both impressive and actually useful. No matter how much spritual fulfilment the aristocrats attained from the pyramids (We don't even know enough about the poor slobs who died building the things to tell if they had any spiritual ideas related to it at all), functionally it's just a big pile of rocks in the desert.

There is a lot of impressive art and architecture in Ancient Egypt but the pyramids are really just impressive for the bloody-mindedness of the work that went into them.

Craig Robinson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 8:27am | IP Logged | 4  

You're making value judgments based solely on what you would have preferred ("imagine if they had done something useful").  That's your own subjective angst. The pyramids were of great use to the ruling class that commissioned them.  Not mention a marvel of human invention and artistry through time (which is my own subjective angst).

For example: "I'm saying that the effort would be better spent somewhere else. I think the churches and cathedrals of the middle ages are magnificent buildings. I still think the efforts would have been better spent on other things. The fact that Egypt now has a lot of lovely ruins may be nice for the tourists, but saying they might have preferred better roads or canals"

It's this confounding of "I think" with some sort of factual declartives which drive me bonkers.

---

and I'm curious as to why you would think it does.

In the interest of full disclosure, you are so unnecessarily disagreeable here on many occasions with people just trying to have interesting conversation, I like to needle you a bit.

Charles Jensen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 8:34am | IP Logged | 5  

JB, the saucer shape my dad witnessed was hovering next to the power lines that run along the highway.  They sat under it watching it for several minutes.  The craft rose straight up, made no noise no wind and shot off at an angle in an instant.

Here is how things happened from what I have discovered.

The Nazis developed this tech at the end of WWII thanks to an Austrian scientist they forced to work for them - named Viktor Schauberger.  You can see the first one by Googling repulsine.

In WWII British and American pilots saw these strange floating fireballs over Germany and called them Foo Fighters.  This was some variation of the repulsine. They were so advanced and strange pilots automatically assumed they were alien. Also, the saucer shape is ideal for radar stealth. 

When American intelligence learned these craft were actually German technology this whole alien disk interpretation gave our intelligence organizations the perfect way of keeping this technology secret.

You can see in this documentary they tell the aircraft designers to make their craft using this shape as a guide because of the stealth characteristics and to disorient the public to make them think they were alien.

I also think that craft the first "flying saucer" witness saw may have been  Nazis still running around after the war using this technology.  It could have been us using it too, though.

The guy who developed this tech - Viktor Schauberger got all his ideas from nature.. I think it incorporated cold fusion and electrogravitics in one and this is where we developed these technologies.

So the craft my dad saw, the same one Lazar claimed to work on.. was a US military craft designed that way for radar stealth AND to fool people who see them into thinking they are alien. They had a huge alien disinfo campaign to go along with it to help people see things this way.

This guy sounds like he is full of BS.. but I think there is some truth mixed in there.. His name is Stan Deyo-

Edited by Charles Jensen on 14 September 2011 at 9:07am
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Knut Robert Knutsen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 8:38am | IP Logged | 6  

"The pyramids were of great use to the ruling class that commissioned them. "

So? There were US politicians who found it very useful to them personally to waste millions on a bridge to nowhere. If I say that's a stupid waste of time, money and effort, does that make me culturally ignorant? Am I expressing my subjective angst? Being insensitive to the needs of politicians by pointing out that it was of little use to ordinary people?

"In the interest of full disclosure, you are so unnecessarily disagreeable here on many occasions with people just trying to have interesting conversation, I like to needle you a bit."

Oh. Okay. My mistake. I thought that was the definition of a troll.

Craig Robinson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 9:48am | IP Logged | 7  

If I say that's a stupid waste of time, money and effort, does that make me culturally ignorant?

Yes.

Knut Robert Knutsen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 10:00am | IP Logged | 8  

Ok, Craig. Obviously our views of reality are wildly divergent. I prefer mine.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 10:42am | IP Logged | 9  

JB, the saucer shape my dad witnessed was hovering next to the power lines that run along the highway. They sat under it watching it for several minutes. The craft rose straight up, made no noise no wind and shot off at an angle in an instant.

••

Human memory is an amazing thing, isn't it?

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged | 10  

RE: This thread. 

I have no words.

Charles Jensen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 10:53am | IP Logged | 11  

All truth goes through 3 stages. First, it's ridiculed.  Second, it's violently opposed.  Third, it's accepted as self evident.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 14 September 2011 at 10:56am | IP Logged | 12  

Sounds like playing the victim card to me, Charles.  Also sounds like what most people of a religious bent espouse all the time. Not too shocking as there's a thin line between both the religious and those that believe in alien intervention in human history.

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version