Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 20 Next >>
Topic: The Revelation of the Pyramids - by Pooyard (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 5:37am | IP Logged | 1  

"I'm all for bashing your head in a debate, but 9 pages in less than a
week (I think)... "

Old Joke: "Q: why do you keep bashing your head against the wall? A: It feel so good when I stop!"

Back to Top profile | search

Charles Jensen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 5:39am | IP Logged | 2  

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to a conclusion.. i feel people will see indications of the truth of these issues whether it is sooner or later. Eventually they will see something that wakes them up and hopefully they remember some of the things I have mentioned here.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Stephen McGrath
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 6:19am | IP Logged | 3  

Ok...I JUST finished watching The Revelation of the Pyramids...a VERY entertaining movie.  Very well done...one I may watch again.  Even just to listen to Brian Cox's narration.

Doesn't mean I believe what their putting out there.

I want to believe there are other intelligences out there.  Seems impossible to me that there aren't.  And the movie lays out some pretty convincing arguments dealing with some similarities between some of the monuments found around the world.

But they lose me when they start launching a whole bunch of "proof" at me throughout the movie. Example:

"If we outline the base of the Great Pyramid and shift it sideways and extend the right side, it hits the Sphinx's head."  Yep...but how did "we" determine how far to shift the outline...just TIL it hits the head?  Hummmm?  "And if we trace a circle like this, once again, it hits the Sphinx's head."  Yes...but what if we trace a circle like THAT, instead?  What if the circle is LARGER?  Then it doesn't hit the Sphinx's head, it hits Uncle Ahmed's Amazing Falafel stand...

The producers, I think, WANT to believe what's in here, and are using production quality and "experts" to "prove" it.  And the interviews...the way they cut and edit the interviews...seems they want to take what these folks are saying OUT of context to help their case.  And they're not even subtle about it.

Anyhoo...just a couple observations about the movie.  I'm an open minded guy...and if aliens showed up tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised.  Freaked out, yes.  But not surprised.

And just in case the DO show up tomorrow:

ALL HAIL OUR ALIEN OVERLORDS!  GLORY TO YOU AND YOUR POWER!  Oh, and nice job on those pyramids and stuff, eh?!

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 6:26am | IP Logged | 4  

This is one surreal thread

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 6:29am | IP Logged | 5  

God DAMMIT, Stephen; I told you about Uncle Ahmed's Amazing Falafel stand in confidence!

Charles Jensen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 6:34am | IP Logged | 6  

Stephen, also consider that the builders of the pyramids and many monuments may be from a advanced race of Earthlings.

Have you heard of the Antikythera mechanism? If not, check it out.

I agree with you about many of the things they talk about they didn't explain them very well. But I believe a lot of what they were showing may be in a book.  It's mentioned at the end I need to check it out. Maybe there is some place online where these questions are answered?

I didn't notice them trying to manipulate sound bytes, only in one spot - when they were interviewing the man who designed the Louvre glass pyramid.  It sounded suspicious as if he wanted to avoid their questions and was hiding something.. as if he was part of the group keeping these discoveries secret.  Was this their editing or was he really trying to avoid their questions?  I don't know.  But knowing what i do it certainly wouln' be a surprise to me if he was.  

Stephen McGrath
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 6:34am | IP Logged | 7  

Awwwwwwwwww JEEEZ!  Sorry, dood!

But don't worry...the Waffle House Conspiracy will stay between me...and...well...me. 

No worries!

Craig Robinson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 6:50am | IP Logged | 8  

Did you know George Bush Seniors father was part of a group that attempted a coup de tat of the US government?

Well, that must be one feckless group considering GHWB was removed from power by the combined mere efforts of a philandering hillbilly governor and a crazy Texas businessman.

Doug Campbell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 6:53am | IP Logged | 9  

The very word genius essentially means abnormal.

Which is the definition of crazy... which is essentially what a crackpot is considered to be.

Another way to put it is if you are one step ahead you are great. if you are 2 steps ahead you are a crackpot.

I somehow feel no surprise to see you have missed my point entirely.  Another way to put is if you are one step ahead you are great.  If you are off the trail entirely and stuck in the brambles, you are badly misguided.  If you are off the trail in the brambles and yet continue to loudly proclaim how far ahead you are of the pack, you are a crackpot.

Another way to put it:  If you are "crazy" - different.. and the world itself is crazy.. does that make you sane?

No.  Actually believing that you're one of the few few sane people in a vast ocean of insanity really is one of the things that makes someone a crackpot.  By definition.

Anybody can be wrong.  That's not the issue.  But when one is told that one believes absurd things and yet takes that as a sign of how brilliantly correct one's views are, that's when we board the crazy train to crackpot town.

Doug Campbell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 6:53am | IP Logged | 10  

Suddenly, I feel as if I'm in anUmberto Eco novel.

No, I don't think you do.  Eco novels are elegantly written.  I'm not sure this even rises to the level of Dan Brown.

Edited by Doug Campbell on 16 September 2011 at 6:54am

Charles Jensen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 7:00am | IP Logged | 11  

"Well, that must be one feckless group considering GHWB was removed from power by the combined mere efforts of a philandering hillbilly governor and a crazy Texas businessman."

You aren't getting it.  The democrats and republicans in office are both part of the same group.   Or they are puppets anyway so it doesn't matter.

Martin Redmond
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 September 2011 at 7:04am | IP Logged | 12  

I love this, I saw the all seeing eye staring back at me twice after I saw this documentary. Both occurances were at my kitchen table. The second one was a lizard eye.

<< Prev Page of 20 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version