Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 152 Next >>
Topic: DC Relaunch Discussion Thread (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 4:42pm | IP Logged | 1  

QUOTE:
I'm worried that six months from now, there's going to be some huge massive crossover where I'll be required to also purchase

Me too, that's why I'm hesitating. I'm convinced they'll all merge into one story after 1 non storyline.

Back to Top profile | search

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 4:48pm | IP Logged | 2  

I would have hung on and read only the legion books but they kept rebooting the legion and I was afraid that they'd bring Proty back and he'd rape someone (why not *spins a spinner* um...Ultraboy who *spins another spinner* has temporarily been turned into a woman  *spins yet another spinner* by a villain's gender swapping weapon ?) I was afraid that it would turn out that *spins a spinner* the Legion of Super Pets * spins another spinner* were elemental sprits that have guided mankind and other intelligent species since *spins yet another spinner* Krona looked into his screen and saw a hand and a galaxy in it. And of course one of them would turn out to have been the Time Trapper all along. Y'know, as ye doooooo.

Edited by Emery Calame on 10 June 2011 at 4:55pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 4:54pm | IP Logged | 3  

Emery, some sadly valid concerns these days, but if there's one Legion writer who has earned some trust, it's Paul Levitz. 

Chad Carter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 5:21pm | IP Logged | 4  

If they have to take away Superman's red trunks, I'd rather him in a t-shirt and jeans for the rest of creation. Iron Crotch a few pages back is horrid.

Chad Carter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 5:23pm | IP Logged | 5  

Of course George Perez is only writing. Why work for a living? He's got all the money and prestige he'll ever need. But obviously he needs another house, probably in the Hamptons.

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 5:24pm | IP Logged | 6  

Is DC recasting Superman as an anti-hero? Have they gone mad?

The blurb for Morrison's Action #1":

"This momentous first issue will set in motion the history of the DC Universe as Superman defends a world that doesn’t trust their first Super Hero.

The blurb for Superman #1":

"What is Superman’s startling new status quo? How does it affect his friends, loved ones and his job at The Daily Planet? Find out in SUPERMAN #1

Chad Carter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 5:28pm | IP Logged | 7  

I love the pounding of that drum "look, see, DC is a success because everyone's talking about them, the news services, Entertainment Tonight, ect."

Well, everyone was talking about the Virginia Tech mass murderer a few years ago. When something is deliberate, and horrible, you have to talk about it. Doesn't mean there's any success to be had here. In fact, I'm sure of it.

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 5:31pm | IP Logged | 8  

Chad, that's like comparing apples to gas-chambers. 

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 5:34pm | IP Logged | 9  

You know, one thing I just noticed.  Some of the characters with multiple books also seem to have different outfits.  I wonder if the idea is that more than one Earth is on display right now.  So some books look like they'll be taking place in the current DCU (like most of the Batman books, Green Lantern, etc.), while others seem to be in a different one.  Huh.

Edited by Dave Phelps on 10 June 2011 at 5:36pm

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 5:36pm | IP Logged | 10  

Chad, the other thing is that sure, we're talking about it NOW.  But there are two-and-a-half to three months to go before there's any product out there to actually buy.  Will folks still be talking about it then?  Particularly the "new readers" this whole stunt is supposedly designed to bring in?

Knut Robert Knutsen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 6:00pm | IP Logged | 11  

"I was afraid that they'd bring Proty back and he'd rape someone "

That's crazy, Emery. Everybody knows that when Proty supposedly sacrificed himself to bring Lightning Lad back to life, he really shapeshifted into Lightning Lad and pretended to be him for 30-40 years of publishing. And Lightning Lad wouldn't rape anyone.

The gender-swapping was already done with Shvaugn (Sean) Erin, so it'd be kind of lame to do it with Ultraboy.

And of course one of the Legion would turn out to be the Time-trapper, that was Cosmic boy. At least it was before I stopped reading it.

Oh, wait. Were you being sarcastic? Did the Legion of Super Pets really turn out to be elementals?

No use getting back into what happened after I left, then.

Michael Todd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2011 at 6:03pm | IP Logged | 12  

In the Beginning there was light.....and it was good!

Back to Top profile | search | www

<< Prev Page of 152 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version