Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 29 Next >>
Topic: Fighting for Ignorance (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 May 2010 at 7:48pm | IP Logged | 1  

I think evolution has bypassed Alabama anyway.
Back to Top profile | search

Steven Myers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 May 2010 at 8:27pm | IP Logged | 2  

My mother was born and raised in Alabama, moving north after she was married a couple years.  She can't believe how conservative everyone down there has gotten.  When she was younger, all her family were Democrats, because they were lower middle class or middle class.  Only rich people were Republicans.  Now it seems everyone's a Christian and therefore a  fundamentalist and therefore a Republican.  She recently informed one cousin of hers to stop sending her the Republican propaganda e-mails.

Back to Top profile | search | www

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 14 May 2010 at 8:54pm | IP Logged | 3  

...the "We speak English here" guy.

•••

John Adams is running?

Mike O'Brien
Byrne Robotics Member
Official JB Historian

Posted: 14 May 2010 at 10:48pm | IP Logged | 4  

Sarah Palin, that bag of stupid, trotted out some especially tricky logic in a speach to the NRA where she noted that, despite all his actions and words, Obama WOULD take your guns away if he could. He's THINKING it, he's just not doing it.

Now, that silly shit-head can say any dumb fool thing that pops into her mellon, but the fact that the audience didn't rise up and tar and feather her on grounds of shenanigans and horseshit causes me to note, with some disgust:

GROW THE FUCK UP, AMERICA.

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100515/ap_on_el_ge/us_palin

William McCormick
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 May 2010 at 5:26am | IP Logged | 5  

I watched an interview with Palin last night where she blamed the recent oil spill on the Obama administration and said there needs to be more government oversight of the oil industry.

How do you run a campaign against big government, and then turn around and say the government isn't doing enough?

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 15 May 2010 at 5:36am | IP Logged | 6  

A politician speaking out of both sides of her mouth at once?

Surely you jest!

Marcel Chenier
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 May 2010 at 9:55am | IP Logged | 7  

As my wife and I see our stay in Japan coming to an end, we are contemplating where we'll go from here: the U.S. or Canada?

If we didn't watch the news, we'd be much more inclined to go to the U.S. (she's American and I'm Canadian).  But we do.  So we aren't.

Victor Rodgers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 May 2010 at 11:01am | IP Logged | 8  

My mother was born and raised in Alabama, moving northafter she was married a couple years.  She can't believe howconservative everyone down there has gotten.  When she was younger, allher family were Democrats, because they were lower middle class ormiddle class.  Only rich people were Republicans.  Now it seemseveryone's a Christian and therefore a  fundamentalist and therefore aRepublican.

Steven I think the thing is that they are a very vocal loud minority. But you know what everybody is content to not vote and let these assholes run our lives so this is what we deserve. To show an example. it came time for a lottery vote. The churchies screamed and cried about it. But you know what I did not know anybody who cared about the lottery.

I'm doing my part and voting regularly and encourage others to do the same. Not much but is a start.

Edited by Victor Rodgers on 15 May 2010 at 2:25pm

Brad Krawchuk
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 May 2010 at 11:49am | IP Logged | 9  

As my wife and I see our stay in Japan coming to an end, we are contemplating where we'll go from here: the U.S. or Canada?

---

I speak for the whole country when I say you're both more than welcome here, Marcel! We'd love to have you as neighbours!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Marcel Chenier
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 May 2010 at 4:51am | IP Logged | 10  

Thanks, Brad!  The toss up is for her home town of San Diego or my old stomping grounds in Vancouver.  Many factors have us leaning heavily towards Van-Groover despite our great love for Southern CA.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 16 May 2010 at 4:56am | IP Logged | 11  

It's an odd question. The US and Canada are very, very big, and whether you'd prefer to live in one over the other has to do with a lot more than politics. For instance, would you rather live in San Diego or Moose Jaw? Perfectly nice town, Moose Jaw, but it does not offer quite the same experiences as San Diego!

Pascal LISE
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 May 2010 at 5:38am | IP Logged | 12  

Marcel said :
"she's American and I'm Canadian"

---

So, geographically speaking, you are both americans.

<< Prev Page of 29 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version