Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 21 Next >>
Topic: Dick Giordano regrets "Grim and Gritty" (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2009 at 5:36am | IP Logged | 1  

"He was neither white or very aryan since he was a Jew."

Ok. Lars. Point by point:  Hitler was white. Even if he were a jew, he'd be white. Only Black African Jews are classified as non-white.  And the claim that Hitler was a jew comes from the same origins as the "Schickelgrüber" joke. Hitler's father was a bastard, and his paternal origins unknown. His step-father, whose name was Hitler is often presumed to be the real father, but there is still an uncertainty. 

So, in an effort to blame the Holocaust on the jews, Hitler was declared a Jew. Big Surprise.  But Hitler is probably the most thoroughly examined historical figure ever, and serious, credible historians have found no compelling, uncontroverted evidence that Hitler was a Jew.  Of course I know there was a rumor, most people who have scratched the surface of that material do, but no serious historians consider it likely.

The only reason it won't die, is that everyone knows Hitler's father was a bastard, so there's no way to prove Hitler's real grandfather wasn't a Jew. Just like we can't prove he wasn't Abraham Lincoln.  Or Saddam Hussein using a time-machine.

So don't go spreading that like it's a fact. Lars. It's very insensitive.

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 19 November 2009 at 5:47am | IP Logged | 2  

How do people discern what is right and what is wrong in a world where
even online sources of information such as Wikipedia can often be
mistake-laden thinly-veiled propaganda?

••

The irony here is that the internet SHOULD have made it EASIER for
people to make such decisions, since a few clicks and strokes of the
keyboard can carry them to all sorts of information sites, and conflicting
positions can be weighed one against the other until a personal
consensus is formed.

Alas, it seems instead to have created a mentality of "one stop shopping",
which is precisely what makes Wikipedia so criminally dangerous.

Chris Geary
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2009 at 6:09am | IP Logged | 3  

Of course people shouldn't be learning these things from comics and movies, but they are.

----

I know this thread is going all over the place and I don't want to add to it, but I'd just like to highlight this point and ask why it is you think that?

Comics and movies are forms of communication and therefore a valid form of teaching,  It's only corrupt information and bad presentation that can cause them to be bad for education.

But the same can be said for Books, Newspapers and Teachers, etc.  And they seem to be acceptable for teaching.  

Lars Johansson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2009 at 6:15am | IP Logged | 4  

Ok. Lars. Point by point:  Hitler was white. Even if he were a jew, he'd be white. Only Black African Jews are classified as non-white.

According to Nazis weird clasiifications a Jew is not white. I don't like any classifaications, what do you refer to when you say classified as?

The only reason it won't die, is that everyone knows Hitler's father was a bastard, so there's no way to prove Hitler's real grandfather wasn't a Jew.

And there is no need to. Jewism is inherited on the mother's side. Since Hitler's grandmother on his mother's side was 100 percent Jewish it made Hitler a Jew, or if you prefer 1/4 of a Jew, but there is no such thing, so it makes him a Jew.

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Knut Robert Knutsen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2009 at 8:23am | IP Logged | 5  

"what do you refer to when you say classified as?"

In general, modern usage of the word "white" as a racial classification, all the major groups of Jews:  the Sephardim, the Ashkenazi and the Mizrahi are all white.  The only exception being those jews who are Black and part of the Black/African Jewish population groups in e.g. Ethiopia and some farther south in Africa.

"Since Hitler's grandmother on his mother's side was 100 percent Jewish it made Hitler a Jew"

Excuse my language, Lars, but where the FUCK do you get this junk from? You might think it's interesting that such an idea exists, but it is not a historical fact.  And furthermore, it is offensive, Lars.  You may not be familiar with its use , but the "Hitler was a self-loathing Jew" meme is a significant part of post WWII anti-semittism.  Especially in the Middle-East.

Lars Johansson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2009 at 8:58am | IP Logged | 6  

You may not be familiar with its use , but the "Hitler was a self-loathing Jew" meme is a significant part of post WWII anti-semittism.  Especially in the Middle-East.

Why should you give a Jew with syphilis in his brain an "Aryan" heritage he never had? Should we retcon history so he was tall and had blonde hair as well? Within middle-eastern antisemitism they all read Mein Kampf, the same book that you want in universities.

Knut Robert Knutsen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2009 at 11:53am | IP Logged | 7  

For crying out loud, Lars: Hitler's Grandmother was not Jewish. There are no credible reports of any Jewish descent on either side of Hitler's family. It's just an urban legend that has been throughly investigated and debunked by leading experts on Hitler or the Holocaust. Ian Kershaw investigated it. Simon Wiesenthal investigated it.

There is not a shred of truth to it. In fact Ian Kershaw went so far as to demonstrate that the claims made to substantiate the urban legend of Hitler's jewish parentage were DEMONSTRABLY false. Not just an absence of evidence, but evidence that the claim could not be true.

This is insane, Lars. It's on par with denying the Holocaust. And you have not a shred of evidence behind you.

Arc Carlton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2009 at 12:06pm | IP Logged | 8  

Mein Kampf is illegal in German and Australia and several other countries, but is readily available in the United States and Canada. 

Quite interesting . I didn't know that.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brad Krawchuk
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2009 at 12:09pm | IP Logged | 9  

Lars, I believe YOU are the reason people like Koroush are so worried about what goes on in the media because you sir have no concept of reality.

Hitler was a Jew? Lars, that's one of the most abhorrent things I've ever heard someone say. If you had a brain in your head, you'd be ashamed and disgusted with yourself. Good day, sir. 

Lars Johansson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2009 at 12:51pm | IP Logged | 10  

This is insane, Lars. It's on par with denying the Holocaust. And you have not a shred of evidence behind you.

I am not into history or anything, but I was tought, grade 7-9 that Hitler had a Jewish grandmother. The person who said this to the class, was the teacher and he was also the headmaster of the school and he also was the author behind the books we learned from. Those books went to schools all over Sweden and they were checked by the authorities. He was into history, but most of the books he had written were about soicial studies for youngsters (samhällskunskap).

Hitler was a Jew? Lars, that's one of the most abhorrent things I've ever heard someone say. If you had a brain in your head, you'd be ashamed and disgusted with yourself. Good day, sir. 

Good day. Like I told Knut, I was taught at school by the author of the educational materal that went out to kids in Swedish schools that Hitler was a Jew. That was not exactly part of a course but he told us that it was the case. I was also at the only existing private school at the time, where I believe there were more than average Jewish students, it's nothing I have been thinking about, but the guy who sat next to me was a Jew, his last name was Dossel.

Added: The teacher, he taught religion and wrote parts about religion in other books and was the supervisor of other educational material.

Edited by Lars Johansson on 19 November 2009 at 1:28pm

Martin Redmond
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2009 at 1:21pm | IP Logged | 11  

I think it's up TO YOU Brad to educate yourself with the right facts about Adolf Hitler. It's your fault if someone else gives you erroneous information about him.

Brad Krawchuk
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 November 2009 at 1:27pm | IP Logged | 12  

Please tell me you're talking to Lars and not me, Martin. I've read a LOT of books, from a LOT of different sources. You know who says Hitler was a Jew? Neo-Nazis and Holocaust deniers. 

<< Prev Page of 21 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version